Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is anyone else disgusted by the Level 50 Elixir?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 26, 2012
It's not a kind of disgust as, 'ew, everyone who uses it should get away from me', but the fact that you can just skip all the good, well-written content that had a lot of work put into it makes me cringe a bit. I'm probably just being nostalgic, but the first four worlds (aka, Wizard City - Mooshu, excluding DS and Celestia bc I never finished them when I was a kid) bring back a lot of nice memories. Does anyone feel the same?

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
I do plan to run through the opening worlds again once I have maxed out Steven. I am curious as to what the dialogue is between the professors and students of their own school. Does Cyrus Drake treat you better or worse if you are Myth Student?

So, no. I will not be using the elixer

Steven Ghoststalker

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
In order to buy it you already need to have a high level character which means you had the story content at least once already, trust me, it gets pretty repetitive on 6 characters! Having said that, many play the game to PvP, I have no issues with this elixir

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Jordan Willow on Jan 10, 2018 wrote:
It's not a kind of disgust as, 'ew, everyone who uses it should get away from me', but the fact that you can just skip all the good, well-written content that had a lot of work put into it makes me cringe a bit. I'm probably just being nostalgic, but the first four worlds (aka, Wizard City - Mooshu, excluding DS and Celestia bc I never finished them when I was a kid) bring back a lot of nice memories. Does anyone feel the same?
not disgusted per se, but i am not a fan and will never use one myself.

why?

-dragonspyre is my favourite world;
-first arc is easily the best, in terms of story etc.;
-the early levels are a nice break from all the cheaty, grind-y instances at 50+;
-skipping over everything feels super cheap.

just my 2 cents.

-von

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I do get what you're saying. One of the reasons I have too many wizards is that sense of nostalgia. As the endgame gets so stressful and frustrating, I often turn to a baby wizard and relax by replaying the first arc. Or moving a more advanced character through the second arc because there's some nostalgia there, too.

On the other hand...

Now that I've got 11 wizards at various stages of the game, the thought of pushing yet another wizard through Celestia (a world that I loathe - sorry, KI!), the appeal of an elixir that would let me skip it entirely becomes obvious. If there was an elixir for skipping the second arc, I would seriously consider using it. Especially to skip Celestia and maybe Azteca.

And actually, yeah. I would rather have the choice to skip a single world, rather than leap over five at once.

Alia Misthaven

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Freshta on Jan 10, 2018 wrote:
I do get what you're saying. One of the reasons I have too many wizards is that sense of nostalgia. As the endgame gets so stressful and frustrating, I often turn to a baby wizard and relax by replaying the first arc. Or moving a more advanced character through the second arc because there's some nostalgia there, too.

On the other hand...

Now that I've got 11 wizards at various stages of the game, the thought of pushing yet another wizard through Celestia (a world that I loathe - sorry, KI!), the appeal of an elixir that would let me skip it entirely becomes obvious. If there was an elixir for skipping the second arc, I would seriously consider using it. Especially to skip Celestia and maybe Azteca.

And actually, yeah. I would rather have the choice to skip a single world, rather than leap over five at once.

Alia Misthaven
Now this idea makes sense.

I don't understand why the first 50 levels would be the ones that folks want to skip as those are the levels where interaction with YOUR professor is more consistent and therefor logically the most difference between the schools as the arc progresses.

Celestia, Zafaria, Avalon, Azteca, I haven't seen anything yet that convinces me that there will be any difference when I come back through with my next wizard. The ability to skip one or more worlds in the second arc would be kind of nice.

Steven Ghoststalker

Delver
May 29, 2009
I have 7 playing accounts (one is member the other 6 are Crowns) and I have done all the levels up to Khrysalis on first and second. I have completed through MS and WT on my 3rd and 4th. I have one wizard each from my 5th, 6th, and 7th that have gone all the way to DS or AZ.

I have nothing against the storyline or the worlds. In fact, I love the entire game and the different aspects of each school. However, when the sale came out for the elixir I jumped on it and purchased it for the other 5 wizards on my 5th, 6th, and 7th accounts (15 wizards) as well as one wiz on my 4th account. That wiz was just a project of mine to see how far I could get without doing any main OR side quests. I purposely used her specifically in dungeons she could port to or just for farming. She was level 30 with no learned spells besides Thunder Snake and anything her gear or pet gave her.

Having played the game since May of 2009, then leaving in Summer of 2012 (with AZ) when Pirate101 came out and only just returning a year ago, I'm rather anxious to get through the remaining worlds. Especially since I'll be doing it a total of 48 times!

I still get to go back and revisit those worlds because there are sides that need to be completed and spells to be learned :)

~SM~

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
As Jasmine indicated you can't skip the storyline. You have to have completed the storyline at least once on one of your wizards to even use the potion.

It is a huge time saver for those working on multiple wizards and are just hitting space bar as fast as they can to quickly go through the content anyways.