Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 1-5-18

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello Wizards! It's the first Friday of a new year, so let's chat, shall we?

After a long winter's nap, let's look back on a fantastic 2017. Today, I'd like to pose this question, that we ask each year...

What is your ONE favorite thing that happened in Wizard101 in 2017? Empyrea? Monstrology? More inventory space? We’re curious to know!

I hope you and your families had a wonderful and warm holiday, and we're excited for a great 2018 in the Spiral!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Sep 05, 2009
Empyrea was of course my most loved part of Wizard101 for 2017! The surprisingly extended dialogue of the world was my most adored piece of it! Getting to know more lore and backstory has always been one of my grand wishes for my favorite online game. As well as an entire world, every new world comes with trickles of other small additions to the game, like space increasing, another thing I had been hoping for! Sadly, I have searched far and wide for a music scroll for the song of the Tiki Tavern in Polaris, to my knowledge there isn't one, I love the strings in that theme and would love to be able to have it in my house one day!

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I love Empyrea! Especially Pork--but the Expand Backpack Elixir is by far my favorite addition of 2017. I have already added the two allowed on my main character. Thank you so much.

But, I would ask that KI reconsider the price structure.

• I wouldn't mind the 2500 crowns if one elixir worked for the whole account --that is -- automatically for all backpacks (even if I delete a character and start a new one.) (so an account total of 300 more backpack inventory slots)
  • Or if it was per character and went away if I delete them, if the elixir added 50 slots to every natural storage area that character had (except houses) so 2500 crowns bought 50 backpack, 50 attic, 50 bank, 50 shared bank. (Each character could add 200 inventory slots per elixir.)
  • Or the elixir could come down in price to 350 crowns each. If you do this it will match the price/item count for the Extra Castle Elixir (3500 crowns for 500 items--up to half of which can be animated plants and up to 100 of which can be animated pets.) I'm not a computer expert but it seems probable that extra houses with plants and pets and mounts would have to be more of a burden on your systems than static stuff in a backpack or bank.) [The Castle Elixir is the house spot + it holds 500 items naturally, too. That's 7 crowns per inventory slot in and outside the house total. So I arrived at 350 crowns because each elixir only gives 50 slots.]
Please think about it. Until we get the Spring Cleaning Set I've asked for, or something like it, I'm going to have to buy these vaults and elixirs as they are, but it'd be nice if they were more effective or cheaper -- or both :D

Thanks again - and Happy New Year!

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Professor Falmea on Jan 5, 2018 wrote:
Hello Wizards! It's the first Friday of a new year, so let's chat, shall we?

After a long winter's nap, let's look back on a fantastic 2017. Today, I'd like to pose this question, that we ask each year...

What is your ONE favorite thing that happened in Wizard101 in 2017? Empyrea? Monstrology? More inventory space? We’re curious to know!

I hope you and your families had a wonderful and warm holiday, and we're excited for a great 2018 in the Spiral!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
TC Housekeeping! I'm still thankful for that!!!

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
As for me Prof. Falmea, Mistress of Fire: I went from L100 Ice, to L118 and advanced from Khyralis to midway through Mirage.

I applaud the Team Up aspect of gameplay, because it allows people to quest and advance together and work as a team, whether 2 or 4 people join up. And I also love the fact that the timer teleports the wizards that have gathered together to battle, and then return to where they were before the battle.

Regarding Polaris, I enjoyed the allusions of the French and Russian parodies. I also enjoyed that Rasputin was made the Rat of Old Cob.

Regarding Arcanum, I enjoy the fact that there is a new world that is entirely an advanced alternate universe/world in the Spiral.

Regarding Mirage, I have enjoyed the newness of the game. I have just discovered where the Baron's Retreat is. I am assuming Xerxes is the Scorpion.

I would also like to say regarding Malistare the Undying instance in Darkmoor; I had help and managed to get the Armor, Shoes and Wand of Cold Hearted using crown's on Malistaire's Chest.

Downside of the Polaris-Arcanum-Mirage-Empyrea arc: I see that the choices for speaking on chat has been revamped and changed a bit (I have been gone for nearly 2.5 years from the game) and have played nearly 2 weeks.

Another downside, is that in seeking to find the Glass Sliver for the Fire Wizard's Tapestry to Arcanum: when I can't find the pieces through the shelled reagent (Fulgite or something), I go to the Bazaar and can find it. Problem here is, that the Glass Sliver is the last of the items I need.

And I am left wondering, is it an intentional teaser to find the Glass Sliver in the Bazaar, and then it disappears from the items sold? Even with 6 wizards that may or may not be camping in the Bazaar, I am so close in finishing the next Craftsman badge, that I am over-anxious about how or if I will ever complete it.

Timothy Pearlflower, L118 Ice

P.S., Was the Fire Wizard of Arcanum your Teacher?

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
Hi there Professor, I had a great time playing wizard with my son and others this past holidays, unfortunately discovered a flaw on the new helper pay it forward board or team up board, there are some players who instead of going there to help they just go in to loot from your dungeon sometimes they don't even get in the fight to help just stand on the side and wait for you to finish the battle so they can collect the rewards without helping, I think this should be corrected, the feature is great and it is very helpful indeed, I am very happy it was introduced, so great work there, just some minor flaws need to be looked into to improve it, is is very sad to see these players doing this, and it took the fun out of the game and the will to use the feature, which is badly needed by some players such as myself. if that could be corrected then it would make it more effective for all to enjoy, thanks for reading and hope your holiday was great as well! happy new year!

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Adventuring in new worlds is always my favorite in Wizard101. So Empyrea is number one in my book in addition; Shadow school in Arcanum.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
What did I like most of the 2017 updates?

As I have not made it passed Azteca as yet, all I can say is that I am anxiously awaiting my entrance to Empyrea (and Mirage as well).

MONSTROLOGY - I absolutely love this aspect. Being able to summon minions into battle has helped me solo some battles that would ordinarily be to much for a lone Life Wizard.

Steven Ghoststalker

Explorer
Jan 02, 2011
My favorite this was the additional inventory space potion!

Could we also get a potion to have more friends in our list? That would be awesome!

Jack Legend

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Hi Professor Falmea,

I think the greatest relief has been the backpack and bank space expansion. Thank you, thank you from the bottom of my much bigger backpack!

The second runner-up is the hoard packs that gave us truly competitive stats for our wizards, the best being Professor's Hoard. It drops gear so readily, and the gear is very solid at all levels of the game.

Alia Misthaven

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Freshta on Jan 9, 2018 wrote:
Hi Professor Falmea,

I think the greatest relief has been the backpack and bank space expansion. Thank you, thank you from the bottom of my much bigger backpack!

The second runner-up is the hoard packs that gave us truly competitive stats for our wizards, the best being Professor's Hoard. It drops gear so readily, and the gear is very solid at all levels of the game.

Alia Misthaven
>.< I just noticed that the bank really is bigger and didn't just SEEM to be! Thank you so much!

I'm trying to slog through the process of cleaning up my account...and it has been a lot easier passing things through. Though, as always...wishing for the sorting bins, master inventory tome and pet crystal ball

Administrator
Great feedback, everyone! I'm sending this to the Professors as we speak... errr... type. ::grin::

I also see some suggestions here, I'll be sending those along to look into as well, but definitely see my next thread, as I'll be asking for more of them for 2018! Thanks for participating!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea