Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

was wiz supposed to be on steam?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 05, 2012
I remember there being some sort of message on the site about wiz joining up to be on steam, I went to the site but I can't find it, is it not there?

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
you can link the launcher to steam and it will notify steam friends that you're playing the but that's the extent of it

Survivor
Dec 26, 2012
piratical505 on Jan 4, 2018 wrote:
I remember there being some sort of message on the site about wiz joining up to be on steam, I went to the site but I can't find it, is it not there?
Lots of people kept talking about it last year.
But so far as I am aware it was not actually confirmed.

I heard that they mentioned a slight hint about it on KI live once. But not sure if they were just teasing or being completely serious.

However, I do feel like if they were to actually push this forward it would be really good for the community. As it would open a completely different market e.g. Steam

Were it could be easier to update the game and play with friends. And this could also lead to other methods such as payments in Steam for e.g. Crowns. were you could use Steam wallet money to purchase things for the game instead of going to the website. Personally this for me. It would be a really big help as I like to keep most of my games to Steam only. (Apart from this one).

I know KI have been putting some of their mobile games onto Steam as well. So at this point I really wouldn't see why they shouldn't port one of their biggest titles over as well!

Kayla

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
piratical505 on Jan 4, 2018 wrote:
Everclicker was put on Steam and greenlit, but never actually made playable through Steam. The theory was that by adding Everclicker it would likely lead to the other KI games being add too, but Wizard101 was never actually mentioned to be headed to Steam.