Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Poor Game Performance

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Over the course of one week this is all that my game has done:

Lose connection when my internet connection is very stable
Become extremely slow
Constantly being stuck in loading screens

I seriously can't play for 15 minutes without one of the problems I wrote above taking place. The loading screen problem is probably the worst.

I can't enter my houses, I can't port to friends, I can't train pets, I can't do PVP, I can't enter another world all because of these loading screens.

I can't enjoy this game like I used to because of this problem. And even if I restart my game it'll be extremely slow and laggy or I will lose connection right away. I expected to play with my older friends on this game for New years but just gave up on the idea because of these problems.

Send help.

Defender
Apr 18, 2014
Try uninstalling the game entirely. This means going into Programs and Features, uninstalling, and deleting ALL game files. Reinstall the game and see if this fixes the issue. Also, change realms, make sure your computer doesn't have any network issues that aren't superficial.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Sorry to hear of the troubles. Please contact Customer Support so they can assist in tracking down the problem.

Email: support@wizard101.com
Web: https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game

Survivor
Sep 05, 2011
The game has frozen on me twice in less than thirty minutes I've never had that problem before so I don't think it's my computer.

Survivor
Mar 11, 2010
Survivor
Nov 02, 2014
Is it back up and running cause I will love to play w101 again today and right now

Explorer
Feb 19, 2010
my game is lagging and disconnecting like it did back in September/October.
Are we being hacked again?

Survivor
Mar 11, 2017
I keep getting disconnected. The when I finally get logged back on I get disconnected again this has happened several time in the last hour. It has Happened to several people in my group of 4. So we have giving up for the night. Please fix the problem and no it is not my internet connection it is perfect. Thank You,

Sydney Sky Dreamer

Survivor
Jun 13, 2012
I've been experiencing weird lag while in PVP, and sometimes the game would crash in the middle of the match. Earlier today I got disconnected about 3 times, and wasn't able to log on for awhile. If I am able to log into the game, it would freeze within 10 minutes of playing, and tell me that I lost connection. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Survivor
Nov 04, 2017
I've been having this problem for the past hour or so. The game keeps saying I have no connection yet I can get onto any website or apps on my computer without complications. I was in a dungeon battle when it last went off and since then, have not been able to log in. It either lets me log in but suddenly cannot connect or won't let me log in period. Please fix this or help me fix this because I've done everything solutions 119 has told me to do and still nothing.

Explorer
Oct 27, 2017
Survivor
Aug 26, 2015
Same. It just wouldn't connect at all! Thank goodness I wasn't in the dungeon

Survivor
Oct 28, 2012
I am having the same problem for the last 2 nights. Losing connection a lot. It is not my internet. Are they messing with the game again or what? This needs to be checked. Takes the fun out of the game when you can't play. Reloading will not matter.

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
I am not sure if this is related to your problem, but maybe it is. My friend and I were fighting in Mirror Lake, and were fighting the guardians. Everything was working fine. About the time I needed to flee to heal, we both experienced the same kind of problem. I was in Baobab crossroads, able to move around, chat, and send messages to my friend, but she couldn't hear me, nor did any of the people around seem to be moving or responding. I tried to use the dungeon recall, and the button for it vanished and it made a porting sound, but I went no where. I checked realm, and it was blank, I was in no realm at all. My crowns were listed as N/A. I figured I was in some kind of disconnected state. Meanwhile, my friend also seemed to be in a frozen state, she was still in the fight circle, but no attacks or selections were happening, just scenery in the backround was moving normally. We were skyping from hundreds of miles apart , so we knew what was happening with each other at the same time, and it had nothing to do with a localized wifi problem, nor a specific computer or operating system, as we use different stuff. After a while, I was suddenly ported to Mirror Lake. 10 minutes is a pretty long lag. She was still frozen up and couldn't see me, but I could see her and the guardians. no fight circle was present. I was able to create a new fight. Had to go back to Baobab again, cause my friend couldn't get the game to respond. I got stuck on a loading screen trying to cross between Baobab and the Marketplace. I was wondering if there was another DDOS (distributed denial of service) attack happening.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Our apologies for the interruption in service last night (1/8/2018). We experienced a number of consecutive DDOS attacks in varying strengths and duration last night—all of which are now mostly resolved. We continue to monitor the situation. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/headmasters-announcements/interruption-in-service-january-2018-8ad6a42560bb4cb20160db9afc1d22dc?page=1

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Dworgyn, I have a concerning question about DDOS attacks. Since this virus or what ever it is attacking Wizard101, is someone or a group of outsiders attacking Kingsisle trying to destroy the games?

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Patrick Ravenbane on Jan 9, 2018 wrote:
Dworgyn, I have a concerning question about DDOS attacks. Since this virus or what ever it is attacking Wizard101, is someone or a group of outsiders attacking Kingsisle trying to destroy the games?
They're unable to affect the game data or software with these attacks. Basically they are trying to stop you from reaching Wizard101's game servers by overwhelming our site and game servers with information. See more here: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/headmasters-announcements/a-note-about-ddos-attacks-8ad6a42457e64b070157fd31804a7979?page=1

Survivor
Feb 04, 2013
I am experiencing the same thing, that lost connection is starting to worry me too.

Survivor
Feb 26, 2012
hey everyone, don't worry guys, KI is helping the best they can, and I know ddos attacks are very annoying, but i'm sure, they are trying their best to help all

suggestion: dworgyn, I think we should have master passes protect manage and parental controls, it would be great if someone tried to attempt to change our password -