Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why is PvP still broken KI

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 11, 2012
Playing ranked pvp right, level 125 I'm only a sergeant but trying to get up. First match, level 120 balance Warlord. Um, excuse me? Thankfully I won somehow, but second match rolls around. Level 120 Storm Warlord. At this point, im very annoying and not to mention I'm going second. Lose that match, lose sergeant. Ok I think, I'll do another one to try to get sergeant back. Third match rolls around, it's a different 120 balance Warlord. Are you serious??? Not to mention I went second AGAIN. Lose that match because of second. I can't believe this system is allowing 120 warlords to match up with low rank 125's and expecting that to be fair. Ranks should be within 1 or 2 of each other. And no, I do not select the box that says "Try all all opponents", the pvp is just once again broken.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
This is mostly due to the lack of players doing pvp, I mean it has to match you up with someone and if that is all they have in line that is what you get

Having said that many people do not level up on purpose to take advantage of higher level lower ranked players and get easy wins, kind of sad they have so little confidence in themselves

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
Could just be my opinion, but it feels broken at every level currently. Sure, it’s probably worse the higher up you get but low level pvp also has its issues. As previously stated, the lack of players leads you to getting matched with the only available options.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
On another note, we as players can help try to improve the environment by being friendly and maybe even helpful where we can. Among other reasons people no longer pvp is the toxic environment!

Survivor
Jun 16, 2010
I would like to know why I still face wizards twice or even triple my level that I am (10), they are clearly not in range. Please fix your match making system.

Explorer
Dec 26, 2010
Talon423594 on Jan 16, 2018 wrote:
I would like to know why I still face wizards twice or even triple my level that I am (10), they are clearly not in range. Please fix your match making system.
I completely agree. I'm currently playing at level 12 pvp and before that was doing level 5 pvp. I leveled up purely because at level 5 I was constantly getting matched with people who were level 12 and above and while it's only a around a 7 level difference the amount of health, spells you can carry, and stats you can have (especially if they have warlord gear from a different age) is huge.

Now at level 12 I have found that I am getting matched with people level 37 and 34. That's an extreme difference! They were ranked private and I am currently captain which is probably why it happened, but that is quite frankly ridiculous. They were 25 and 22 levels above me. The amount of health they had alone would have pretty much made it impossible for me to win if I hadn't gone first in both matches and carried 2 different attack tc and two blade tc to go with the blades already in my deck.

The pvp system should be taking what level people are into way more account than what rank they are and currently it's the other way around. The pvp system looks at ranks first and if it is high it just matches you with whoever has a compatible rank, and if that's not there then it goes for whoever is highest level in what appears to be a huge range spanning up to 25 levels higher than you. Levels are not the same as rank and gives people even private rank a huge advantage when it comes to health a power pips along with spells that can be used and deck size.

A private level 12 is still more likely to be a fair fight when facing a captain , commander, or warlord level 12 than any of those 3 I just mentioned at level 12 against a level 37 private. So I would also like to know why this matchmaking system is not being fixed especially since it is a years old complaint.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
There are not enough people doing PvP for the matching system to actually work, you would be literally waiting half a day for a match The focus needs to be on attracting more players to the Arena!

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
If you're at Warlord rank, that could be one of the reasons why. The other would be there aren't too many players doing Ranked in your level range.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2015
Had to fight a max level on my level 10 balance. Got beat by a wand hit. Fun fact. They were Death which sadly is the worst to PvP atm (great for PvE though). KI needs to fix the matchmaking and buff the spirit schools and Storm so they are once more on par with Balance, Ice, and Fire.