Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Grandfather Spider....! (Last big fight in Mirage)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
Need two experienced players who are willing to help 2 Storm Wizards defeat Grandfather Spider...the last big fight in Mirage.
I know it is short notice, but if we could set it up for anytime Saturday Dec. 30 would be perfect. Sunday evening might be possible too. (Partner might have to go to dialysis Sunday during the day since Monday is a holiday.)
A player named "Freshta" and a friend of hers helped us with Ratsputin and it would be wonderful if she could help us again.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
I would but I'm still in Azteca

Steven Ghoststalker

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Oh, Hi!

I'm here.

This weekend won't work but I can be available next weekend on Saturday or Sunday morning, the 6th of January.

It will just be me, but Alia is really good at healing and lending blades and traps.

For you two, be sure you've both trained Indemnity and Ageus at the Arcanum. You will need to use Indemnity on your traps and your prism, because Grandfather resists Storm a lot and he won't let us place feints on him. Also, he loves to steal our blades and that's where Ageus will help.

(Indemnity protects traps, so I think of it as being for "them." Ageus protects blades, so it's for "us." That's how I remember which one is which.)

This battle is not going to be as easy as Rasputin (yes, I just said that! ) but I think we can get through it.

Alia Misthaven (aka "Freshta")

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
Still looking for some help...
If anyone is interested perhaps we can work out a good time on here to meet up in Mirage to tackle Grandfather Spider.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Not sure if you saw my post before Lucky, but I'm still here and available on weekends to help you.

Alia Misthaven (aka Freshta)

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
Hello!
Sorry for the delay in getting back with you.
Thank you for the tip about training for those 2 spells!
We watched the following video to see what we were going to have to face:

(Sorry, your video link was removed as it is against, the rules. ~Dworgyn)

We have made it to the Jabberwocky creature before we were defeated.
I have acquired several robes, shoes and other items that will increase my Life numbers..it is just a matter of deciding which will work best...
I am not sure about my DH..I will tell him to post to this thread ASAP!
I am so happy that it is you who are willing to work with us "old wizards".again...LOL

~LuckieWabbit

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Freshta on Dec 31, 2017 wrote:
Oh, Hi!

I'm here.

This weekend won't work but I can be available next weekend on Saturday or Sunday morning, the 6th of January.

It will just be me, but Alia is really good at healing and lending blades and traps.

For you two, be sure you've both trained Indemnity and Ageus at the Arcanum. You will need to use Indemnity on your traps and your prism, because Grandfather resists Storm a lot and he won't let us place feints on him. Also, he loves to steal our blades and that's where Ageus will help.

(Indemnity protects traps, so I think of it as being for "them." Ageus protects blades, so it's for "us." That's how I remember which one is which.)

This battle is not going to be as easy as Rasputin (yes, I just said that! ) but I think we can get through it.

Alia Misthaven (aka "Freshta")
I did not know that about Aegis and Indemnity, Freshta.

I have access to Mirage, but I get involved with the bug regarding the fight with the Qhat ruler of Rubai Wasteland.

I have seen others use special auras on blades and traps, but had no idea on how they worked.

Thanks,

Timothy Pearlflower, L118 Ice

P.S., To the OP: If you are willing to help me finish up Rubai Wasteland to the Palace; I will offer to assist you as well. I realize going backwards can be a pain, but I am willing to help you out, since my attempts at finishing the Darkmoor quest line is in limbo at the moment.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Hi!
You mentioned Jabberwock, so here is a basic guide to get through the last three bosses before Grandfather Spider. Just in case you need to do these bosses.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?476507-Desperate-Times-A-Guide-to-Shadowbones-Bort-Shadowmane-and-the-Shadowwock

Two players, Three Rounds to kill Shadowwock

Round 1: blade, blade
Round 2: blade, blade
Round 3: Indemnity Feint, hit

Both wizards empty their spell deck of everything except two of their strongest blades, one Sharpen Blade enchantment, two hits (one with shadow pip, one without), and a single Feint with indemnity. If they can't kill him within the first three rounds, flee and try again.

Below is the guide to Grandfather Spider. This guide does have a video embedded near the bottom, perhaps that is the one you were trying to post.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?476595-Sands-of-Doom-A-Guide-to-the-Final-Grandfather-Spider-Battle!

Specific 5 Round Setup

Round 1: Melt, Melt, Trap, Trap (Prism here if you’re storm)
Round 2: Feint Minion, Feint Minion, Feint Minion, Kill Minion With a Low Pip Spell (Keep it to 4-5 pips)
Round 3: Feint, Feint, Trap, Trap
Round 4: Indemnity Feint (Remember, this needs to be played AFTER the other feints!), Blade/Trap, Blade/Trap, Blade/Trap/Infallible (If you’re not storm or myth)
Round 5: Blade, Blade, Blade, Hit

I know you may not fully understand these guides, but I'm putting them both in one place for me, so I can find them easily if needed.

Special thanks to Vanessa Mythdust and Eric Stormbringer for making the guides that we will be following.

Alia Misthaven

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Promethean oxnhors... on Jan 5, 2018 wrote:
I did not know that about Aegis and Indemnity, Freshta.

I have access to Mirage, but I get involved with the bug regarding the fight with the Qhat ruler of Rubai Wasteland.

I have seen others use special auras on blades and traps, but had no idea on how they worked.

Thanks,

Timothy Pearlflower, L118 Ice

P.S., To the OP: If you are willing to help me finish up Rubai Wasteland to the Palace; I will offer to assist you as well. I realize going backwards can be a pain, but I am willing to help you out, since my attempts at finishing the Darkmoor quest line is in limbo at the moment.
I'm willing to wait, as long as Luckie and Husband of Luckie are okay with it. Having an Ice in the battle will help us quite a bit and it will help you, too!

If you're close to the fight with the Scorpion, then you're about half-way through with Mirage. Depending on how quickly you're moving through the quests, it might take you another week or two to finish.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
Helllo I am Luckywabbits husband and am not real versed on this game. I try to help as much as I can but need guidance. I am basically used to boost wife and let her do the hard part. I am willing t learn and help in any way I can.We will be happy to wait till you are ready to play just give us notice of when is good for you Ty for helping us we are appreciative. If there is something I need to learn let me know and I will try and understand it.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
Promethean oxnhors Would love to help if we can get together on a weekend . Just let us know when you are avaiilible and we will try to meet up

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Depending on if everyone is ready, we could try a run this weekend. I'm in Pacific time zone, and can be online as early as 07:00 my time. (7 am)

Alia Misthaven

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Freshta on Jan 6, 2018 wrote:
I'm willing to wait, as long as Luckie and Husband of Luckie are okay with it. Having an Ice in the battle will help us quite a bit and it will help you, too!

If you're close to the fight with the Scorpion, then you're about half-way through with Mirage. Depending on how quickly you're moving through the quests, it might take you another week or two to finish.

Alia Misthaven
Alia,

I am at the South Sands of Time. I tried and failed big time about 5 times earlier today and had no idea what to do.

I have been reading your posts and hopefully am able to get past Shadowwock.

Timothy Pearlflower, L122 Ice Champion

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Promethean oxnhors... on Jan 10, 2018 wrote:
Alia,

I am at the South Sands of Time. I tried and failed big time about 5 times earlier today and had no idea what to do.

I have been reading your posts and hopefully am able to get past Shadowwock.

Timothy Pearlflower, L122 Ice Champion
Timothy, if you're still having trouble and want to meet up this weekend I can hopefully help you get past Shaddowock.

It's possible to beat him with just two people as long as both are prepared and willing to work together. Since Alia is Balance and typically works with a Fire wizard, she is used to donating blades to support an elemental school.

This is the method we'll try:

Two players, Three Rounds to kill Shadowwock

Round 1: blade, blade
Round 2: blade, blade
Round 3: Indemnity Feint, hit

Both wizards empty their spell deck of everything except two of their strongest blades, one Sharpen Blade enchantment, two hits (one with shadow pip, one without), and a single Feint with indemnity. If they can't kill him within the first three rounds, flee and try again.

I can be online as early as 0700 on Saturday. Usually I run the Phoenix realm but I'm willing to switch over to any realm for this. You pick a time and realm that works and we'll get you through this.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
My Storm Wizards current stats are as follows:

Health: 5325
Manna: 610

Damage: 92/69
Resistance: 13/76 ...13 everything else
Accuracy: 25
Critical Rating: 306
Block Rating:226 ...everything else 126
Armor Piercing: 11
Stun Resistance: 4%
Healing in/out: 8%/0%
Pip Conversion: 342
Power Pips: 93%
Shadow Pip bonus: 7%

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
I am switching to the Phoenix Realm tonight so, hopefully, we all can meet up to see if I have my deck set and ready to go.......