Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Team Up Question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 07, 2013
Today somebody reported me to KI for not letting the lower levels attacking when I was helping in team up. He said that I had to let the lower levels attack and that it was a rule from KI they had announced. How true is this?
Cass TitanPants 125

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
If you were reported for beginning the battle and ending it without the lower levels even getting a chance to join, then yes, I'd report you too!

We're trying to eliminate badge hunters - Players who join team up solely for the badge without little to no regard for the one they're helping in the first place. They exhibit a pattern of starting and ending battles without letting the "helpees" getting a chance to even join!

Please don't be like one of these persons.

But, if you were reported and you ended the battle with everyone present, then this seems to merit one of a false report. Just because the lower levels didn't get a chance to attack in this case shouldn't merit grounds for reporting.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2012
Think it is more a suggestion than rule. The guy that gives gear and mount says it at very beginning. BTW - I am having trouble getting credit for my team manager badge. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
It's not a written requirement. The person who reported you was wrong to do so, because using an AoE to one-hit kill everything on the first round is not a violation of terms of service.

However...

Helping someone does not mean taking over and ending the battle in 30 seconds. It ESPECIALLY doesn't mean killing the boss before the little one even gets a chance to join the battle! If you kill the boss before the little one got involved, then no one will get any team-up credit. That could be what the person who reported you was talking about. If they don't at least get credit for completing the battle, neither do you. And finally, think about this: in having someone like you slam through the battle in the blink of an eye, how can the little one ever learn how to actually fight?

How much "help" are you actually giving...?

When someone calls for a team-up, they may only want assistance with fighting their own battle, not someone high level coming in and doing it all for them. This is especially true in the mid and higher level worlds. So, slow down! Say hello. If there's a cheat, tell them what it is and how to avoid triggering it. Give them blades and shields, heal them, take out pesky mobs while they focus on the boss.

Yes, the battle will take longer but in return, you might give someone an incredible experience. I can't tell you how many times low level wizards have exclaimed in shock over the damage they did, themselves, just from the extra blades and traps Alia gave them. They'd never hit that hard before and they were thrilled when it happened.

If you start thinking of team-up as a way to coach and mentor younger wizards, rather than a way to dominate and show off - you might be surprised at how rewarding it can be.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Mar 05, 2012
As far as i know, it's not a rule. But you do have to let others join battle and get drops from battles before you kill everything.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Freshta on Dec 28, 2017 wrote:
It's not a written requirement. The person who reported you was wrong to do so, because using an AoE to one-hit kill everything on the first round is not a violation of terms of service.

However...

Helping someone does not mean taking over and ending the battle in 30 seconds. It ESPECIALLY doesn't mean killing the boss before the little one even gets a chance to join the battle! If you kill the boss before the little one got involved, then no one will get any team-up credit. That could be what the person who reported you was talking about. If they don't at least get credit for completing the battle, neither do you. And finally, think about this: in having someone like you slam through the battle in the blink of an eye, how can the little one ever learn how to actually fight?

How much "help" are you actually giving...?

When someone calls for a team-up, they may only want assistance with fighting their own battle, not someone high level coming in and doing it all for them. This is especially true in the mid and higher level worlds. So, slow down! Say hello. If there's a cheat, tell them what it is and how to avoid triggering it. Give them blades and shields, heal them, take out pesky mobs while they focus on the boss.

Yes, the battle will take longer but in return, you might give someone an incredible experience. I can't tell you how many times low level wizards have exclaimed in shock over the damage they did, themselves, just from the extra blades and traps Alia gave them. They'd never hit that hard before and they were thrilled when it happened.

If you start thinking of team-up as a way to coach and mentor younger wizards, rather than a way to dominate and show off - you might be surprised at how rewarding it can be.

Alia Misthaven
Wow!

I couldn't have said it any better. I believe I will now begin referring to you as Freshta the Wise.

Steven Ghoststalker

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
It's not a reportable offense, but it is just plain inconsiderate if you not allowing the lower levels to join the fight because the fights are finishing too fast (everyone getting in a "hit" is irrelevant).