Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Restarting a World

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 10, 2010
So by now I feel like most people have experienced this problem. Lets say for example your favorite world is Khrysalis. Now lets say that you have a sudden urge to quest there again but there is one problem, you already completed the world, and if you want to go there to quest still, you have to make a new wizard and quest for a while. So that's where my idea comes into play. Maybe on the world map of the world you want to quest in there can be a button that you click to restart the world. And obviously to use this option you would have to complete the world before on that character... I think this would be a very useful option for people who want to quest in their favorite world again without having to create a wizard and questing for a while. Thanks for reading this and if you have any questions or other ideas for this make sure to write them here!

~Justin

Explorer
Jan 02, 2011
Hi there!

I think your idea is awesome! But it's rare to see others replaying a world. KI would not do this idea due to the fact that it's not requested by popular demand.

Also, you did not mention anything about XP that is given out by quests. It could be A LOT sometimes. People would just keep on resetting the world just for XP farming. Which I don't really like because that defeats the purpose of side quests. If the repeated quests/world gave little XP then the situation would be better.

Overall: Try to get your idea more like--able to others! Then KI might consider it.
I hope my input somehow helped!
Jack Legend

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Ok, how about instead of restarting worlds, new quests available on existing worlds.

Something more substantial than the daily gravuluum quests. Something along the lines of the B.O.X.E.S. or lost pages events, but maybe a monthly offering that encompasses multiple areas of a world, or multiple worlds to complete.

Steven Ghoststalker

Defender
Nov 21, 2013
I think this would be a cool option to be able to go back and explore the story/lore of the game, but only if it didn't affect any previous progress made. I'm sure too many glitches could arrive from it if it was anything more than just a repeat of some main storyline dialogues and quests.

Survivor
Sep 10, 2010
Jack The Legend on Dec 25, 2017 wrote:
Hi there!

I think your idea is awesome! But it's rare to see others replaying a world. KI would not do this idea due to the fact that it's not requested by popular demand.

Also, you did not mention anything about XP that is given out by quests. It could be A LOT sometimes. People would just keep on resetting the world just for XP farming. Which I don't really like because that defeats the purpose of side quests. If the repeated quests/world gave little XP then the situation would be better.

Overall: Try to get your idea more like--able to others! Then KI might consider it.
I hope my input somehow helped!
Jack Legend
Yes i do know that this idea hasn't been really popular before, but that's what I'm trying to do right now.
I though about the XP and maybe what KI could do is what they do for dungeons and cut all rewards and XP in half each time you "restart" a world like they do for dungeons now or they could always just not give XP and rewards but I don't think that would be to appealing to players since then there's really no point in "restarting" a world.
(And btw thanks for the feedback it really helps! )

Survivor
Sep 10, 2010
Matthew Raven 55 on Dec 26, 2017 wrote:
I think this would be a cool option to be able to go back and explore the story/lore of the game, but only if it didn't affect any previous progress made. I'm sure too many glitches could arrive from it if it was anything more than just a repeat of some main storyline dialogues and quests.
Yea i should have been a bit more specific with this, so what i was imagining is that maybe in order to "restart" a world it could be required that you completed the world you restarting or you would need to complete all of the worlds to "restart" worlds again. And as for the glitches part you mentioned when you "restart" a world you just do all of the quests over again, nothing more. Thanks a lot for the feedback!

Survivor
Sep 10, 2010
Area51Alien on Dec 25, 2017 wrote:
Ok, how about instead of restarting worlds, new quests available on existing worlds.

Something more substantial than the daily gravuluum quests. Something along the lines of the B.O.X.E.S. or lost pages events, but maybe a monthly offering that encompasses multiple areas of a world, or multiple worlds to complete.

Steven Ghoststalker
Hmmm, do you think you can elaborate on this a little more, I'm starting to get some ideas about this. Anyways thanks for the feedback!

Survivor
Jul 06, 2011
Hey,

Pretty smart idea there, but I'll have to disagree:

We already have 6 slots in the game, so each account is able to replay the whole game -or some parts of the game if you haven't bought all areas- up to 6 times. If you'd like to explore old worlds again, you may freely make a new wizard and do it. It's just my opinion.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Justin Redflame on Dec 27, 2017 wrote:
Hmmm, do you think you can elaborate on this a little more, I'm starting to get some ideas about this. Anyways thanks for the feedback!
Ok some ideas.

Shelbus Gruffhart sends you on quests in Firecat Alley, supposedly he collects artifacts from all over the spiral. Yet Firecat Alley is the only place we've seen him to date. He could show up on each of the worlds of the Spiral and send us on scavenger hunts, similar to the Zeke Quests.

I enjoy the daily Gravulum quests, Perhaps Monsterologist Burke could have a daily "Special" monster that has been sighted that must be stopped.

There are plenty of homes and buildings across the various worlds of the spiral that currently have the lights off. What nefarious activities are going on behind locked doors? Disgruntled former employees of Ravenwood? Experimenters of peculiarities? Dealers of "black market" magical artifacts?

Give us a REASON to go back and visit older worlds. I wouldn't mind a once a month spiral-wide quest along the lines of BOXES or Lost Pages

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Sep 10, 2010
deltaes on Dec 27, 2017 wrote:
Hey,

Pretty smart idea there, but I'll have to disagree:

We already have 6 slots in the game, so each account is able to replay the whole game -or some parts of the game if you haven't bought all areas- up to 6 times. If you'd like to explore old worlds again, you may freely make a new wizard and do it. It's just my opinion.
Yes you could just create a new wizard but there's some problems with that. Lets say you favorite world is Mirage and you really want to do the storyline quests there again, but your wizard already completed Mirage. So to get back there you have to make a new wizard and quest for a lot of time to get back to Mirage.

So that why I made this idea so if you get the sudden urge to quest in a world again, you won't have to create a brand new wizard and quest for possibly months just to go back to your favorite world. And also some people out there already have 6 max wizards, so it really isn't fair for them to have to delete a wizard and quest up to their favorite world again or create a whole new account again just so they can go to their favorite world.

Anyways thanks for the feedback!

Survivor
May 31, 2009
Nice idea, but I would rather see an update where KingsIsle de-nerfs the 1st ark worlds. It would be cool for them to make them a challenge one again, like they used to be. Nowadays it is way to easy and when I started playing, it was much harder than it is today.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2012
I think this is a great idea!! I really enjoyed Avalon, but I don't want to start a new char and go through wc, gh, krok, mooshu, ds, cl, and so on. Im an archmage ice, but already started a new death char to redo the worlds and possibly pass my ice. But I'm deeply stuck in dragonspyre and it's going by soooooo slowly, I honestly just gave up on my death. Occasionally I go on her but I just don't find it fun. Instead of redoing the same quests, though, I'd love a new main quest that's optional. I know it takes a while to create new story lines but I think it would be worth it.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2017
Justin Redflame on Dec 24, 2017 wrote:
So by now I feel like most people have experienced this problem. Lets say for example your favorite world is Khrysalis. Now lets say that you have a sudden urge to quest there again but there is one problem, you already completed the world, and if you want to go there to quest still, you have to make a new wizard and quest for a while. So that's where my idea comes into play. Maybe on the world map of the world you want to quest in there can be a button that you click to restart the world. And obviously to use this option you would have to complete the world before on that character... I think this would be a very useful option for people who want to quest in their favorite world again without having to create a wizard and questing for a while. Thanks for reading this and if you have any questions or other ideas for this make sure to write them here!

~Justin
I think this is a little overboard. Maybe just let you watch a replay of what you have done as dialogue? Maybe like seeing any dialogue for any quest (completed or non completed). This allows people who haven't played in a while to pick up where they left off, or let anybody know what is going on in that world and what they might do next.

Valdus Unicornblade lvl 22