Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Character Limit

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 14, 2012
Why is the character limit stuck at 6 when there is 7 schools? It doesn't make sense that I have to make a second account and pay for another membership just to play 1 extra school so that I have all 7.

I would also have to spend more money buying crowns at times to get items since I can't move over items from different accounts, I'd have to buy completely new bundles if I wanted a certain mount even though I have that mount on my main

It just seems like more money is spent on my end to even do this and its especially a bother when you have a limiting job when in college/high school

I am sure I am not the only one who has thought of this, I can't be the only one. If it can't be done then just say it but until then I am going to try to push for 7 characters to match 7 schools so we don't need 2 accounts thus spending more money, time and effort and It would be much more convenient just to switch between the character

If you can't add it because of bandwidth and much more difficult backups/restoration points of Test Realm or Wizards, The fact how some people have 18 houses in total with gardening and lots of objects in it but in al; honesty this just recently started bothering me, dont mind if it gets turned down

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
You just answered your own question here:

I'd have to buy completely new bundles if I wanted a certain mount even though I have that mount on my main

It just seems like more money is spent.

Even though this question has been brought up multiple times, discussed and some agreeing upon, the fact still remains that KI did the math and found out that limiting the character selection to 6 results in more players supporting financially in creating second accounts etc to fill that last seat.

However, just a thought, if KI is looking into unlocking that final slot and are concerned about the financial constraints or member response, you (KI) can just ask us. We won't bite :)

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
My thoughts exactly regarding the character limit. I just recently deleted an ice wizard (was only like level 3) because I wanted to create a life wizard instead. KI should at least sell something like a potion in the crown shop to increase the limit to 7 for say, maybe like 1,500 crowns or so. If they want to be like that, I could at least get behind it somewhat. Otherwise, just increase the limit for us for free and make your players happy.

Having to create another account, pay a separate membership plus buy crowns on a different account? Not a chance in the world.

Please fix this KI

Survivor
Dec 09, 2015
7th wizard nothing. There should be a second and third page of playable characters. 7 is just not enough. With a second and third page you could have 18. The more wizards, the more fun

Delver
Jun 14, 2010
Bwax on Dec 21, 2017 wrote:
My thoughts exactly regarding the character limit. I just recently deleted an ice wizard (was only like level 3) because I wanted to create a life wizard instead. KI should at least sell something like a potion in the crown shop to increase the limit to 7 for say, maybe like 1,500 crowns or so. If they want to be like that, I could at least get behind it somewhat. Otherwise, just increase the limit for us for free and make your players happy.

Having to create another account, pay a separate membership plus buy crowns on a different account? Not a chance in the world.

Please fix this KI
I agree, I feel there are many players of the game who would pay money to buy an extra (or maybe even two extra) character slots so they can play all seven schools.

It would make a nice benefit for crowns players and members, for example: the first time you buy something for your account online(crowns, a bundle, or what have you)/if you've bought something in the past from the online store (I would hazard a guess they keep track of those transactions to some extent if only to see what is and isn't selling) you get a free permanent character slot, first time you buy a membership/if you're already a member get another permanent character slot. It would encourage players to not only spend money on crowns and bundles but also become members to the game.

As for the mechanics of character selection screen, the foundation is already ready there. If you sign into your game and take a good look at the selection screen we can clearly see two seats (one on either side) in the far back corners of the screen. Fitting one or two more characters onto the screen and having it look nice wouldn't be all that difficult, programing it is another story and probably why they have yet to do this.

If they did it, then things would be akin to the way they are in Pirate101 where you have enough slots to play each class plus another slot to replay one of the classes (because some stories/quests are worth reliving).

Survivor
Jan 14, 2012
I've been an active user of Wizard101 for 8 year's, playing on and off sometimes even playing for 13 hours at a time because it had me hooked like a fish, It would honestly be great if this was changed or had something like what LoreKeeper said

Please Kingsisle

Survivor
Sep 03, 2012
Survivor
Jun 24, 2013
I've always wondered about this too, but I've always known it came down to money. They could have even given us the seventh slot on the seventh birthday; I think that was a missed opportunity. If it comes down to having to buy an elixir or something for each new slot, I have no problem with that though. I've had to remake several wizards now to try playing all of the schools. Plus once you max out all of your wizards you end up having to delete all of that progress if you want to start over with a new wizard to have something to do.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Star Edward on Dec 21, 2017 wrote:
You just answered your own question here:

I'd have to buy completely new bundles if I wanted a certain mount even though I have that mount on my main

It just seems like more money is spent.

Even though this question has been brought up multiple times, discussed and some agreeing upon, the fact still remains that KI did the math and found out that limiting the character selection to 6 results in more players supporting financially in creating second accounts etc to fill that last seat.

However, just a thought, if KI is looking into unlocking that final slot and are concerned about the financial constraints or member response, you (KI) can just ask us. We won't bite :)

KI never said it was about money. If KI did, where did they say that and how long ago? Yes, paying for a second account brings more money to the business but many, many players are in school and may not have a job to afford 2 accounts. So the question lies on is KI really making more money to make it worth while for limited of 6 wizards and how do we know?

Defender
Jul 26, 2013
I agree about the six schools but not being able to make your seventh school character. If KI is worried about wizards having to many houses per character or mounts or whatever, then they should limit the amount of whatever there worried the wizards are having to much of.