Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to go from Veteran to Commander

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 19, 2013
Before I start I am asking all the experience low level Ice PVP players.

As stated above I am having trouble getting to commander.
I found it really easy to get to knight but from there it has been a struggle.
I play with a level 5 Ice wizard.
How I used my training points:
Stun Block
Infection
Conviction

My main deck (antique deck):
2 freeze, 2 infection, 3 pixie, 1 stun block, 3 snow serpent, 1 winter moon

Side Deck:
1 Ice blade, 1 infallible, 1 monstrous winter moon, 1 monstrous snow serpent, 1 Ice Bird, 1 Frostbite, 1 tower shield

Gear:
Hat:
Midsummer's Cowl
Robe:
Jacket of Withstanding or Wisterias Warrior plate *(which is better... help?)
Boots:
Wisterias Warrior Sabatons
Wand:
Ascended Staff
Anthem, Amulet and Ring:
Heart Steal, Elven Pendent and Ring of Refreshment
Pet:
Lord of winter, pain-bringer, Spell-Defy, Spell-Proof, Ice Dealer. Gives Ice Blade, Bale-frost and Lord of Winter

Now here is my strategy:
From first: I try and get my two blades up and my infallible. Then depending on opponents pips I either shield or cast Frostbite, into a stun, into a Monstrous Snow Serpent. (kills 99% of time)

From Second: I do the same exact thing except if they are open (meaning no shields) I cast Monstrous Winter Moon, into a Monstrous Ice Serpent. I find that using frostbite from second is difficult because they can heal it of.

Finally, here is my issue. At my current rank (knight) I always face level 10 or 15 wizards that are either Veteran or the same rank as me. This means that they have more health, bigger decks and from second I find it nearly impossible to win. This I want to change because I don't want my success to be determined by who goes first (rng).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.