Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Too much gold!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 21, 2013
I am currently a max level storm wizard with a big couch potato farm. Every time i harvest my elders i get housing gear and a ton of gold. first, All the gold is destroyed because i have max gold. Second my backpack fills up with litters, bad gear, sandwich stations and i cannot quick sell them because i have max gold. I have bought the 350 backpack limit but there is just a never ending stream of gold. Soon my treasure card inventory will fill up also. I would love to see some items in the crown shop that are useful that require a ton of gold. Every time i harvest there is a sense of loss because i could be spending this gold somewhere. I would love to hear some suggestions for fixing this problem.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Go to the bazaar and buy the most expensive reagents or the ones you're low on. Same for treasure cards, like empower. 3500 gold a pop.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Sparkle had the same issue a while back. A couple of us chimed in to offer advice in which you too can use unwanted gold quickly.

In short:
  • Purchase the big pile of gold available from Guillermel in Mirage
  • Hatch pets
  • Purchase expensive reagents
  • Purchase furniture packs from the crown shop

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/wasting-gold-8ad6a42b5fc41a47015fec62e5826079?page=1

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
In addition to what Star and Mr. Talon stated, I would like to add Monsterology. Not only do each of the new "Collect Animus" spells run 100,000 apiece but if you make the summon (monster) TC those cost 1,000 GP a pop.

I've been able to solo further by using my high level minion and a summon (monster) TC.

Also, rather than playing the mini games to re-fill potions, What's-her-name at the Carnival in the Commons will re-fill all of them for GP

Steven Ghoststalker

Explorer
Jan 22, 2014
Whenever I have that problem I will go to bazaar and sit there and buy reagents I dont need for my reagent collection. You could also buy things for gold from the crown shop that are completely unneccesary but its a nice waste of gold

~Natalie lvl 125
~Natalie lvl 41
~Natalie lvl 23
~Natalie lvl 7

Survivor
Jan 21, 2013
Mr Talon on Dec 12, 2017 wrote:
Go to the bazaar and buy the most expensive reagents or the ones you're low on. Same for treasure cards, like empower. 3500 gold a pop.
Thank you so much! I did not even think about buying reagents!

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
Will admit...200k I brought the Bazaar down to 2 pages of reagents, the lowest count was 197..... I'm not ashame

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Expensive houses and right now there is a lot of holiday themed furniture and decor in the crowns shop but you can buy most of the holiday things for gold. It adds up fast.

I love the wooden reindeer floor decor item. It looks gorgeous in the houses.
The reindeer flooring plus red and green striped wallpaper plus white string lights (in crown shop/furniture/gold) looks amazing in the Metropolitan Manor, which by the way can be bought for gold in the Marleybone housing shop.

Thanks Star Edward for linking to the other thread!