Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question about Craft-able Spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 13, 2017
Hi,

My name is Jack Shadowforge and I was wondering if some of the more experienced Wizards could answer a question I have regarding spell recipes. It is my understanding that after a spell has been pack-exclusive for a while, it will eventually become craft-able or available via some other means (eg Loremaster). Regarding the newer pack spells (specifically the brand new Reindeer Knight), when do you believe that these spells would be able to be crafted?

Thanks and sorry if I wasted your time.

Delver
May 29, 2009
My guess, which may not be a popular one, is that it would not become available until the next "winter holiday" (Christmas in July) segment rolls around. This being either craftable or dropped from Loremaster. My reasoning is based on the Headless Horseman spell which is also a holiday themed spell and currently not craftable or dropped yet from the Loremaster. Halloween & October are behind us almost two months now and nothing has yet been confirmed from KI that it WILL become either dropped or crafted. My opinion is based on that.

~SM~

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Jackal714 on Dec 10, 2017 wrote:
Hi,

My name is Jack Shadowforge and I was wondering if some of the more experienced Wizards could answer a question I have regarding spell recipes. It is my understanding that after a spell has been pack-exclusive for a while, it will eventually become craft-able or available via some other means (eg Loremaster). Regarding the newer pack spells (specifically the brand new Reindeer Knight), when do you believe that these spells would be able to be crafted?

It took the Wysteria Lore spells 4 months to become craftable, so maybe in the Spring 2018 update? However, I am against making Reindeer Knight craftable if the only place you can get Reindeer Knight tc from is the Winter Wonder pack and Loremaster. Getting Pigsie tc at the moment is practically impossible, so unless Kingsisle makes the treasure cards for the recipe craftable as well, then I don't the spell itself should become craftable.

Lol this wasn't a waste of my time, since I got to voice a problem with the current spell crafting situation.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Jack.

Please note that you're free to post any queries you have here without much worry. It's not or never a waste of our time for us to provide useful advice or tips that may make you a better player.

So, please, your question may be the same many wizards who visit the board for regular updates may have but are unable to post, so, your voice is very useful here, so, use it :)

Now, onto your query. You're right, usually when new spells are introduced in packs, they're later available for crafting (usually for some of the rarer reagents like the dreaded amber) from recipe vendors.

As to the date when this may be implemented, I'm not even too sure. I don't want to speculate and see it not happening but I'd probably say maybe a month or two after the holidays? That's a maybe.

You can start farming for those Amber Pieces from now though :D

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Star Edward on Dec 11, 2017 wrote:
Jack.

Please note that you're free to post any queries you have here without much worry. It's not or never a waste of our time for us to provide useful advice or tips that may make you a better player.

So, please, your question may be the same many wizards who visit the board for regular updates may have but are unable to post, so, your voice is very useful here, so, use it :)

Now, onto your query. You're right, usually when new spells are introduced in packs, they're later available for crafting (usually for some of the rarer reagents like the dreaded amber) from recipe vendors.

As to the date when this may be implemented, I'm not even too sure. I don't want to speculate and see it not happening but I'd probably say maybe a month or two after the holidays? That's a maybe.

You can start farming for those Amber Pieces from now though :D

I wonder which is easier to get...

Amber or one of those 5,000 Arena Ticket trophies.

Steven Ghoststalker

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Area51Alien on Dec 11, 2017 wrote:
I wonder which is easier to get...

Amber or one of those 5,000 Arena Ticket trophies.

Steven Ghoststalker
Amber by way of gardening is way easier to get than trying to earn arena tickets without participating in PVP tournaments.

But, for those who are willing to do PVP tournaments, then collecting the tickets needed to get trophies are a snap and it's back to amber being the most elusive reagent.

Alia Misthaven

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Jackal714 on Dec 10, 2017 wrote:
Hi,

As others have said, it seems the general pattern of making new 'Lore' spells and seasonal spells available for crafting something like 6-12 months after they are first offered in packs.

Welcome to the boards!

Alia Misthaven