Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can balance be an attacker in PvE?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 26, 2017
This is my first time posting on here so I don't know if this goes here but,

Can balance be an attacker instead of support in PvE?

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Zotorna on Dec 1, 2017 wrote:

Yes, every school is capable of being an attacker. It's recommended you be a supporter when doing difficult team battles though.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009

Yes, any school can be the attacker.

Depending on the boss's school, the school of other teammates, the relative strengths of everyone's gear, etc., it can make more sense for a Balance to be the hammer in some situations.

My Balance often quests with a Fire friend, who usually does the hitting. But when the boss is a Fire boss, Alia sets up and takes him out instead.

Alia Misthaven

Archon
Feb 07, 2011

as a balance wizard myself, i see no reason why not.

i've soloed most of the game, save for ridiculous cheat dungeons, and very rarely struggle. that said, if i'm with a team and we decide that my job is to support the others, that's what i do.

-von

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Balance can do most anything. It's most often used as support because it has so many good buffs. It can certainly do damage, but you'll want to carry cleanse for taking off weaknesses and infallible or other piercing boosts when fighting balance mobs. For balance bosses, use the spells that do off school damage, like Hydra and Spectral Blast.

Defender
Dec 18, 2010
Balance can be played as whatever, same with any other class. Some classes just have a harder time fitting into a role. Storm would have a lot of trouble tanking, but death could possibly be a healer, using sacrifice.. oh, I’m getting off topic. Anyways, I usually solo on my balance wizard, and I sort of play a few roles at once doing so. I can hit with 20,000 damage with sabertooth without much trouble, at level 100, so in the way I see it, yes, balance can be a hitter.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Yeah.

Sometimes they are even better attackers than the other schools. It just depends on the situation. What's your damage compared to others? Are you doing Ra when they are doing Fire Elf? Are you 89+ levels ahead of them? Do you want to attack? You can do what you want, just be aware that most Fire/Storms will expect you to support (that's how there raised after all). I prefer support anyway, but that's just me! Good luck

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
absolutely! There's no rule, whatsoever, saying that Balance can't be an attack wizard, or a defense wizard, or a healing wizard. Play it YOUR way, not other people's. Just make sure you find a good team to play with when you need it, and DISCUSS ahead of time, for those dungeons that can be nasty

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Welcome To The Message Boards & The Game!

Post if you've any more queries.

Refer to the responses above for your question.