Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Medulla boss fight guide

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 17, 2009
I'm looking for a guide to help beat Medulla? I have died 4 times so far. None of my wizards have yet to beat Empyrea Part 1. I would like to be able to beat the game. I want to strangle that brain every time he says "Prepare to be mind-meddled!". Does anyone know if Medulla is going to be nerfed? That would be nice. The confusion drives me up the wall.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Here are some guides. Be aware of his cheats is what I recommend. There is no shame in having to come back either. It is possible. Again, I hope they don't nerf him at least not for a while.

http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/empyrea-part-1-finale-guide-medulla/

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Medulla

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
DanielleDragonFire on Dec 1, 2017 wrote:
I'm looking for a guide to help beat Medulla? I have died 4 times so far. None of my wizards have yet to beat Empyrea Part 1. I would like to be able to beat the game. I want to strangle that brain every time he says "Prepare to be mind-meddled!". Does anyone know if Medulla is going to be nerfed? That would be nice. The confusion drives me up the wall.
I just finished Medulla for the first time since the November 16 buff, and the entire dungeon took about an hour. I'll offer some tips on what we did.

• You can't feint Medulla, but you CAN feint the minions
  • Virulent Plague and Myth shields are your friends
  • When confused, do a random blade or Pierce treasure card. I usually did Pierce whenever I was confused, and all it did was remove a pointless shield that was not needed on a person
  • Buy Gargantuan treasure cards and create your own tc attacks, and only draw your hits when you're ready to attack. DO NOT have any hits in your main deck
  • Try to blade up one person so they can do a massive attack to wipe out all the minions. Don't do small hits; that'll make the fight take WAY longer than it needs to be.
  • We had 2 supports and 2 hitters

I went with friends by the way, and we spent around half an hour ahead of time planning out what to do. Don't do this instance with random people.

Good luck!

Survivor
May 17, 2009
Thanks for the guides. I already have read from the Wizard101 wiki before I even first fought him. But, I did not read from duelist101. Also thank you BrahmShadow for your guide. I will give Medulla another try soon.