Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What good reasons are there to farm Atlantea?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 11, 2017
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I'm sure others have replied by now, but:

Alpha and Omega Ring & Blade of the Felled Titan for L90+
Gear drops from all levels
Amber Reagent
Merle's Whisker Reagent
TC Athena Battlesight (for spell crafting)
TC Hephaestus (for spell crafting)
TC Queen Calypso (for spell crafting)

and Im sure others will give you other reasona that I dont have

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
blob485485 on Nov 30, 2017 wrote:
Should I do it?
The end boss (it's actually 3 bosses) drops very very good gear. It was almost as good as my current gear even though the level was far below my current one.
If you can manage it soon after you get the quest by all means try. You will need a team or plenty of strong henchmen.

Defender
Dec 26, 2016
dayerider on Dec 1, 2017 wrote:
I'm sure others have replied by now, but:

Alpha and Omega Ring & Blade of the Felled Titan for L90+
Gear drops from all levels
Amber Reagent
Merle's Whisker Reagent
TC Athena Battlesight (for spell crafting)
TC Hephaestus (for spell crafting)
TC Queen Calypso (for spell crafting)

and Im sure others will give you other reasona that I dont have
Alpha and Omega Ring & Blade of the Felled Titan are in Mount Olympus and Tartarus, respectively.

I think all the other stuff drops in Atlantea though.

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
I think the above posters may have gotten Atlantea and Tartarus confused.

Tartarus is the level 90+ dungeon. Tartarus holds all 3 "major" Aquila bosses (Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades) as well as the side boss, Cronus. While the final battle has the potential to give some pretty good gear, the drop rate is SUPER low. Cronus drops the Blade of the Felled Titan athame. I actually used it up until I received what I considered an upgrade from Yevgeny in Darkmoor.

Atlantea is the 70+ dungeon. Although some people may find reasons to farm it, I really wouldn't recommend it. It's an incredibly long dungeon (making it really inefficient to farm in the first place) and in my opinion, doesn't have anything worth repeating the instance for.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
No, don't farm Atlantea. Just do it once for the experience and story. Waterworks drops better gear.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Vanessa Mythdust on Dec 1, 2017 wrote:

Tartarus is the level 90+ dungeon. Tartarus holds all 3 "major" Aquila bosses (Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades) as well as the side boss, Cronus. While the final battle has the potential to give some pretty good gear, the drop rate is SUPER low. Cronus drops the Blade of the Felled Titan athame. I actually used it up until I received what I considered an upgrade from Yevgeny in Darkmoor.

Atlantea is the 70+ dungeon. Although some people may find reasons to farm it, I really wouldn't recommend it. It's an incredibly long dungeon (making it really inefficient to farm in the first place) and in my opinion, doesn't have anything worth repeating the instance for.
You're correct. I had them mixed up. Sorry!

Some dungeons do have disappointing drops.

The other one (Tartarus) had some really good gear.

I still have to do Cronus.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Vanessa Mythdust on Dec 1, 2017 wrote:

Yes, sorry. I read it as Aquila not atlantea. My mistake

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
blob485485 on Nov 30, 2017 wrote:
Should I do it?
IMO no because it seems that Waterworks gear is just as good if not better, and also because Waterworks is the less difficult dungeon.