Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Participation Trophy Reagent Do you think its fair

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
The only way to get the reagent Participation Trophy is through arena Tickets.
I hate PVP and do not do it, and don't like spending time in pet derby.
I have been playing almost since KI started. My PVP lvl for all 10 of my wizards is 1 and I doubt will ever
get higher.
I enjoy crafting and I am Maxed in crafting, until now.
I am rather preturbed knowing I can longer advance my crafting ability.(I've even crafted Castles).
KI needs to change this restriction. It's almost enough to make me want a quit until they do change it.
What do others think?

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
If people read the recent Test Realm discussions they will see this was a hot debate in there.

The amount of arena tickets needed was reduced, at least. It used to be worse.

And no I don't like the idea, especially since due to an apparent 'bug' I also have to craft two Legendary wands first instead of one.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I agree with you that it's frustrating to have PVP be forced on us just to craft. There was an uproar when this crafting quest was revealed during test realm. (KI deleted all the threads when Empyrea went live.)

Because so many crafters objected, KI did revise the requirements ... but did not update the quest dialog. So now there's all this upset and confusion.

The only crafting project we need to do in order to continue general crafting, is the Legendary wand. That's the "cheaper" wand that does NOT require any participation trophies, shocking keys or fishy scales.

Once you make the legendary wand, you will be able to craft gear for level 125, make the furniture in Empyrea, etc. And you will be good to go when the next regular crafting quest comes up.

The wand that requires all those complicated reagents is "Revered" and it's considered the "Darkmoor of crafting": difficult and totally optional.

All that said, if you want to do the Revered wand project, KI is adding participation trophies to the Daily Assignment drop tables. Also, you can enroll in PVP Tournaments and start - but then quickly log out and stay offline for the next few hours. Doing that will bring you in at last place and you'll get 250 tickets automatically just for signing up and flaking out.

The Shocked Keys are dropping from both silver chests and Key Lime plants. The scales still must come from fishing chests, but they've adjusted the drop rate so we can get them faster.

Hopefully knowing all this will make you feel better....

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
We've already discussed this in great details and adequate changes and alterations were made.

Keep in mind that the crafting quests need to show strong signs of difficulty, can't expect reagents to be handed to you at this stage.

I personally would like to probably see the tickets be decreased a little more, or increase the amount of tickets available from daily quests or alternative methods of getting these tickets rather than PvP.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
tomelibram on Nov 22, 2017 wrote:
I have been playing almost since KI started. My PVP lvl for all 10 of my wizards is 1 and I doubt will ever
get higher.
I am rather preturbed knowing I can longer advance my crafting ability.(I've even crafted Castles).
KI needs to change this restriction. It's almost enough to make me want a quit until they do change it.
What do others think?
As per the Update Notes, "a reagent that is purchased with arena tickets in the Pet Pavilion or found as a reward for daily quests." I've just been doing Daily Assignments to get my Participation Trophies, and I already have 3. Sure, doing Tournaments gives you lots of tickets, but you don't HAVE to do PvP at all. Kingsisle already lowered the price of the Trophy in Test Realm, and they also gave you an alternative source on where you can get your Trophies from.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2015
My biggest beef with the trophy is the amount of tickets necessary to just get one. 800 tickets for one trophy, geez, pretty expensive. That means I would need 800,000 tickets to have all my wizards finish that quest. Trophies need to be a lot cheaper. It's participation not winning.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
As per the update notes about it being a reward for daily quests. That was a good idea to a point on KI's part.
My only concern is why the drop rate through daily quest is so dismal. I've done the daily quests for a long time diligently and since empyrea went live and the updates took effect, I'd say between my 5 wizards, I've opened 20-30 chests and have not received a single trophy, you would think, that one of the 5 would have at the very least received one. And yes, I check my reagent bag every time I open a chest, just in the off chance I missed notification. Why is the drop rate so low? several of my friends have said the same thing, none have received a trophy. these shouldn't be items as rare as equipment drops from bosses, ie: morganthe, malistaire, not when you can use arena tickets to purchase them. At the very least I believe the drop rate should be raised a bit.

Joshua Frostblade

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
nightseeker121 on Dec 12, 2017 wrote:
As per the update notes about it being a reward for daily quests. That was a good idea to a point on KI's part.
My only concern is why the drop rate through daily quest is so dismal. I've done the daily quests for a long time diligently and since empyrea went live and the updates took effect, I'd say between my 5 wizards, I've opened 20-30 chests and have not received a single trophy, you would think, that one of the 5 would have at the very least received one. And yes, I check my reagent bag every time I open a chest, just in the off chance I missed notification. Why is the drop rate so low? several of my friends have said the same thing, none have received a trophy. these shouldn't be items as rare as equipment drops from bosses, ie: morganthe, malistaire, not when you can use arena tickets to purchase them. At the very least I believe the drop rate should be raised a bit.

Joshua Frostblade
I got the 5th Trophy I needed on the last day of November. I heard people say that Kingsisle forgot to include the Participation Trophy as part of the possible rewards for the Christmas Daily Assignment loot, which is why no one has gotten one during December. I want to craft the Revered weapon for my Life this time, but I guess I'm gonna have to wait until the season is over (which I think is mid-January).

Dworgyn please look into this? :D

Survivor
Jul 21, 2015
Freshta on Nov 22, 2017 wrote:
I agree with you that it's frustrating to have PVP be forced on us just to craft. There was an uproar when this crafting quest was revealed during test realm. (KI deleted all the threads when Empyrea went live.)

Because so many crafters objected, KI did revise the requirements ... but did not update the quest dialog. So now there's all this upset and confusion.

The only crafting project we need to do in order to continue general crafting, is the Legendary wand. That's the "cheaper" wand that does NOT require any participation trophies, shocking keys or fishy scales.

Once you make the legendary wand, you will be able to craft gear for level 125, make the furniture in Empyrea, etc. And you will be good to go when the next regular crafting quest comes up.

The wand that requires all those complicated reagents is "Revered" and it's considered the "Darkmoor of crafting": difficult and totally optional.

All that said, if you want to do the Revered wand project, KI is adding participation trophies to the Daily Assignment drop tables. Also, you can enroll in PVP Tournaments and start - but then quickly log out and stay offline for the next few hours. Doing that will bring you in at last place and you'll get 250 tickets automatically just for signing up and flaking out.

The Shocked Keys are dropping from both silver chests and Key Lime plants. The scales still must come from fishing chests, but they've adjusted the drop rate so we can get them faster.

Hopefully knowing all this will make you feel better....

Alia Misthaven
"All that said, if you want to do the Revered wand project, KI is adding participation trophies to the Daily Assignment drop tables. Also, you can enroll in PVP Tournaments and start - but then quickly log out and stay offline for the next few hours. Doing that will bring you in at last place and you'll get 250 tickets automatically just for signing up and flaking out. "

assigned the revered crafting quest even if you don't want the quest.

Explorer
Mar 31, 2013
Hey All,

I have another topic going in this section regarding this issue but I wanted to respond here as well, especially to the prospect of joining a tournament and then logging off. Since having tried PVP to get tickets and having someone no-show on me, I am reluctant to do that. Also, if 250 tickets is what you would get for no-showing, it would take me bailing on the tournament 4-5 times to get enough tickets for 1 trophy. For all 5 trophies for 1 character, I would have to do this 16 times.

I mean, I guess we could send a message by all joining and bailing over and over to get the required amount of tickets. I just feel kinda bad doing it.

What say all?

Survivor
May 31, 2011
tomelibram on Nov 22, 2017 wrote:
get higher.
What do others think?
I agree we should not have to be forced to play PVP this is Not an option for some players, why must it be this way?

I DO NOT LIKE PVP it is a matter of who has the best angle, and I have no desire to LEARN all the different exploits
I feel that PVP as it now stands it just that EXPLOITS! GIMMICKS! and A lot that I don't care to focus attention on!

Now I am beginning to see the feelings of some of my friends that have moved on to other Venues, I Like this one
But if I'm being forced to make an unpopular, Unwanted, and I feel unnessicary choice. My option would be to add
another Option and Join Some My friends BUT! May I also reiterate I like it here, But it has to Like me too!

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
I hate fishing, but yet, to craft this wand. I fished for the Shinning Scales, took a bit of time, but I did it.
Last year, I also hated pvp, But a friend encouraged me to do tournaments and now I Love it.
Pvp RANK is hard and does not give many arena tickets, but TOURNAMENTS are different.
You can join with friends or as a random player. The quick match are great. The reward are better
you can get way more arena tickets and a trophy if you come in first, second or third.
I have a friend that is storm, His playing skills and gear where not very good. But over the last six months,
he has improved his game and gear, all because of tournaments.
I would say try it a few times, before you down it.
TOURNAMENTS are fun, especially with friends.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I think the entire point of "revered" crafting was to expose people to side activities they may never have tried before.

Is it fair? Well you do not have to do it if you do not want to, so yes! It is not tied to the main crafting line as KI has stated on numerous occasions and was meant to be a long term activity!