Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pausing Plants

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 29, 2010
Ever just get done planting all those evil magma peas you spent days or even weeks farming for? Looking forward to all those great mega snacks to level up your pet? Feel proud of what you accomplished by staying persistent with your farming?

Then you remember, you're going to be away from the game for a week vacation? How will you take care of those plants? They're surely be dead after a week with no care. All that work for nothing.

This has happened to me and a friend of mine.

I understand people should be more cautious and aware of their time but I think allowing players to pause the growth of their plants would be incredibly helpful, especially to those with tight schedules.

Anyone else think this would be a great thing to add to the game?

~Wolf Nightbreeze~

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
CaptainAureus on Nov 21, 2017 wrote:
Ever just get done planting all those evil magma peas you spent days or even weeks farming for? Looking forward to all those great mega snacks to level up your pet? Feel proud of what you accomplished by staying persistent with your farming?

Then you remember, you're going to be away from the game for a week vacation? How will you take care of those plants? They're surely be dead after a week with no care. All that work for nothing.

I understand people should be more cautious and aware of their time but I think allowing players to pause the growth of their plants would be incredibly helpful, especially to those with tight schedules.

~Wolf Nightbreeze~
it's my experience that, if you don't log into the game, your plants don't progress until your next login.

i've been away from the game for the better part of the past year and a half. but, every time i log back in after 2, 3, or even 6 months away, my magma peas are exactly as i left them.

-von

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
CaptainAureus on Nov 21, 2017 wrote:

~Wolf Nightbreeze~
As long as you take care of all your plants' needs before you leave your house, you can stay away for months and your plants will be just fine when you get back. You can even log in and play, and still the plants will be fine as long as you don't visit the house where they're growing.

What triggers "needs" is you going to the house where the plants are. And what causes wilting is you leaving the house when your plants still have needs on them.

Alia Misthaven

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Dr Von on Nov 22, 2017 wrote:
it's my experience that, if you don't log into the game, your plants don't progress until your next login.

i've been away from the game for the better part of the past year and a half. but, every time i log back in after 2, 3, or even 6 months away, my magma peas are exactly as i left them.

-von
I'm just gonna add on what Von said, and plants only progress a stage when you visit your house. As long as you never visit that house, then your plants will never die.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
You can take a year vacation and not lose a plant. Plants don't progress to the next level if you are not there.

Tend them fully before you go. Make sure they have no needs, then immediately exit the garden area (port out), then log off. When you come back there will probably be pests and needs, but nothing should wilt.