Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Does anyone have any tips for Waterworks?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 27, 2013
Ok, so I'm planning on doing Waterworks. I planned to do it before, but it took too long, and I had to do something before I could finish. It's so long, and the bosses cheat, but I'm in Azteca now, and I need that gear. So does anyone have any advice for how to do it?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
It's not that hard and at your level, it will go quickly. Just having one other person along should be enough help and you're powerful enough that most battles will be over in minutes. If you're in Azteca, with two wizards you both can probably do Waterworks in 60-90 minutes.

As long as you stay aware of the cheats, you should have no problem working through the dungeon. This is the guide I use:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?161437-Plumbing101-A-Guide-to-the-Waterworks-instance

The drop rate is spotty. Sometimes I've gotten what I need in just 2-3 runs (Myth and Life!) ... sometimes I never got anything after 50 runs. (My poor Fire FINALLY got her hat - at level 120! - when she was helping a lower level friend )

Good luck!
Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Given the vast amount of cheat instances in the game, Waterworks probably is one of the easiest.
What school are you?
  • Team Up works best here usually as they're always wizards wanting to do the dungeon (usually in later time periods rather than earlier).
  • Use enchanted AoE's to get through the mob battles quickly. - Would be a good idea to have a small deck just for this packed with a couple charms of course.
  • Luska - First boss is Balance. He's alone but he of course cheats. Stay abreast of the cheats to avoid any difficulties. But to sum it up. He'll cast smokescreen on players depending on his health. You can only use single based attack spells on him only when you're affected by this. Failure to do so will result in enchanted Skeletal Dragon or Power Link. The first really hurts. AoE's by pass this rule and can be casted regardless.
  • Attack! - There has long been a myth surrounding the dungeon that if you fail to land a good amount of successive attacks, the chances of gear dropping severely decreases. I've been the victim of this rumor, but whether it's true or not, don't chance it. Play a key role in attacking and not just support or healing regardless of school!
  • Puzzles - Two puzzles exist in the dungeon, usually, you'll always have someone who will agree to do these. They're fairly easy. Running out of character space, but for the clams - only the blue ones should be opened for example.
  • Teamwork - Very important. One team screwing up can cost you the match in the final battle. Communicate!

Good Luck!

Survivor
Apr 27, 2013
Star Edward on Nov 19, 2017 wrote:
Given the vast amount of cheat instances in the game, Waterworks probably is one of the easiest.
What school are you?
  • Team Up works best here usually as they're always wizards wanting to do the dungeon (usually in later time periods rather than earlier).
  • Use enchanted AoE's to get through the mob battles quickly. - Would be a good idea to have a small deck just for this packed with a couple charms of course.
  • Luska - First boss is Balance. He's alone but he of course cheats. Stay abreast of the cheats to avoid any difficulties. But to sum it up. He'll cast smokescreen on players depending on his health. You can only use single based attack spells on him only when you're affected by this. Failure to do so will result in enchanted Skeletal Dragon or Power Link. The first really hurts. AoE's by pass this rule and can be casted regardless.
  • Attack! - There has long been a myth surrounding the dungeon that if you fail to land a good amount of successive attacks, the chances of gear dropping severely decreases. I've been the victim of this rumor, but whether it's true or not, don't chance it. Play a key role in attacking and not just support or healing regardless of school!
  • Puzzles - Two puzzles exist in the dungeon, usually, you'll always have someone who will agree to do these. They're fairly easy. Running out of character space, but for the clams - only the blue ones should be opened for example.
  • Teamwork - Very important. One team screwing up can cost you the match in the final battle. Communicate!

Good Luck!

Sorry to ask this, but what are AoEs? I get everything else, you've given me some good tips, I'm just a little confused on that.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
moshijames on Nov 19, 2017 wrote:
Sorry to ask this, but what are AoEs? I get everything else, you've given me some good tips, I'm just a little confused on that.
AoE = Attack on Everyone. The spell hits all enemies at once. Examples: Humongofrog (Myth), Sandstorm (Balance), Meteor Strike (Fire).

DoT = Damage over Time. The spell may hit a little bit at first to break a shield, then spread the rest of the damage out over 3 rounds. Examples: Fire Elf (Fire), Frostbite (Ice), Poison (Death).

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Apr 27, 2013
Freshta on Nov 20, 2017 wrote:
AoE = Attack on Everyone. The spell hits all enemies at once. Examples: Humongofrog (Myth), Sandstorm (Balance), Meteor Strike (Fire).

DoT = Damage over Time. The spell may hit a little bit at first to break a shield, then spread the rest of the damage out over 3 rounds. Examples: Fire Elf (Fire), Frostbite (Ice), Poison (Death).

Alia Misthaven
Thank you this is really helpful!