Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Menu Chat Request Phrase

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 10, 2012
I would like to ask if KI would please consider adding "Sorry, I don't use menu chat." in the options of the menu chat selection so members who only have menu chat don't think I am being mean to them when they try to talk to me. I am sorry, but I can't deal with trying to talk using menu chat. It drives me insane, but would be nice to have that there, so that I can at least inform members when they try to talk to me, that I don't use menu chat.

The reason it drives me insane is by the time I find what I want to say to the person, they have already run off or get upset that I am not replying to them quick enough.

Defender
Apr 18, 2014
It seems like what you're saying is you don't want to take the extra time to go through and accommodate for the other players. Open chatters like me have to take extra time in checking our messages to make sure normal text chatters can see everything. Then, generous players like me take time to communicate with those that have menu chat. Your request is unnecessary because many other players may take the same procedures as those listed above just to communicate orders to a teammate or other player. Simply not responding to menu chatters will solve your issue, though not advised if you want to have good sportsmanship.

Defender
Apr 10, 2012
Dakota Sky, please read my second paragraph. I have tried to communicate with members who can only use menu chat. In most cases by the time I find what I need to reply, they have taken off.