Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Don't change

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 03, 2016
KI please don't change anything about Empyrea. What I mean is don't change the mob health or the dual school shadow beasts or any of the boss fights( Even Medulla, although I personally haven't fought him I've seen his fight). The way things are, it's great. Don't nerf the world because some players are having a hard time, if they can do Azteca and bug world, and mirage, and polaris, then they can do Empyrea. All i'm asking is to not make this world easier because then it wouldn't as challenging as it is which makes it fun.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
A rather one-sided post, don't you think?

Others that may find questing difficult, don't they get/have a say too?

Explorer
May 03, 2016
Unfair as it may be.. this is world is suppose to be challenging. I do understand some parts of this world is hard to solo, put that is part of the fun. If a player finds questing solo hard they can either get better gear or do it in groups with a friend. Nerfing a world isn't the better solution.

Explorer
Sep 20, 2017
Personally, I wouldn't want to see this world nerfed. No one has really complained heavily about any difficulty regarding the world as they did with Mirage, Azteca and Celestia.

But, one can't just say one thing and expect that to represent a majority though..

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Celescale on Nov 18, 2017 wrote:
Unfair as it may be.. this is world is suppose to be challenging. I do understand some parts of this world is hard to solo, put that is part of the fun. If a player finds questing solo hard they can either get better gear or do it in groups with a friend. Nerfing a world isn't the better solution.
i'm with edward on this one:

true, nerfing everything is not always the answer, though main-arc content should be doable by everyone. by all means keep your crazy cheats, but those instances should be opt-in, not opt-out, and don't belong anywhere near the main quest line.

i've soloed everything in empyrea so far, save ridiculous cheat dungeons. but, if you think that people who solo things do so because they want to, you are very mistaken.

-a lot of people solo content because their playable hours or time zone don't allow them to benefit from team up or meet with friends. for example, i am in the atlantic time zone and often have empty servers to myself for hours; there's a 1/10 chance that i'll even see another person, never mind one with the same quest.

-most of my in-game friends are on the opposite coast, and we're 4 hours apart; if i want to quest with them, i have to stay up really late.

-we are all adults with responsibilities, so meetups take a ton of advanced planning: is there a day we're all free? okay, let's pick a time: if we say [time], what is that where you live? oh, that's 4 in the morning for me and i have to be up at 8, not going to work... try again.

etc., etc.

as for your suggestion to "get better gear", the stuff needed to survive is held hostage behind ridiculous cheat dungeons that, for the same reasons, many casual players can't benefit from. if you don't already have the best of everything, team up is even more challenging because the elitists will see your gear and decide that you aren't worthy of being on "their" team.

before the crit/block overhaul, it was possible to get okay stats from non-dm gear; now, it isn't. and, if gear is required for survival, the instance that drops it is not optional~ we haven't had good crafted gear since level 56, and it's been almost 30 levels since we had any crafting at all.

i haven't seen the crafted gear for empyrea yet. but, if crafting past level 56 is any indication, it's junk.

-von