Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Beastman Fightclub: Correct loot??

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 08, 2008
Last update the game had a "fix" to the Beastman Fightclub as to drop loot properly. I have tried the instance as I did several times in Test Realm, it's a truly exceptional dungeon in both theme and difficulty... but it's very poorly rewarding.

To make it clear, a 1-round Elite fight without cheats in Empyrea is worth 3 times more than the Fightclub drops -at the very least-. I'm most disappointed with this encounter. As far as I can tell, the rewards available there at the moment are the same first offered in Test.

So first I must ask, is the dungeon loot truly fixed??

If it is, then I'm afraid it's utterly pointless addition for 99.98% of maxed players... the remaining 0.02% would be badge collectors who can keep up with the dungeon's challenge, even then it'll extremely hard to find a team for it.

While I can understand not wanting to add too overwhelming gear to it; the drops simply must be improved, even if it's just a more abundant/reliable source of rarer Empyrea items. There's a number of desirable items to be obtained in this update:
  • the Wysteria lore spells TC's*,
  • the new Dwarven attire and weapon,
  • the Shiny heal and Accuracy jewels previously only available in packs,
  • Participation Trophies, Shiny Scales and Shocked Keys,
  • Jewel Blossom seeds.

There's also many desired cosmetic items that be added to their loot, which would be a great solution to make the challenge more rewarding yet not a necessity to grow in power. Some examples of what could be added, from what already exists in-game:

• Beckett wands,
  • retired bundles no-lvl equipment,
  • statless Starry designs wizard gear (in sequence to the Splendid and Sidhe sets),
  • missing pieces of the school designs sets,
  • Sonic Springs,
  • rare housing items, such as the Gobbler Vision and holiday items**.

I feel there's no need for any brand new stuff, but there must be an update to the drops there. The game has plenty of material that players would take the challenge for, above are only a few easy options I'd ask KI to consider in order to give this instance some actual meaning.

So please, look into updating the Fightclub. I'd hate to see such a well-made dungeon go to waste for having no purpose.

~R

Off-topic:
*: ...which is, in fact, quite the issue for many players right now. Loremaster has an absurdly low drop rate for her spells' TCs; not to mention both her spell and TC loot tables are overcrowded as it is, making it even harder to filter all other stuff. This is mostly a subject for another topic, but it'd be helpful to have another source for the Wysteria TC's.

**: Would you please make pack-only holiday housing items available elsewhere? It's quite upsetting the Gloomthorn and Winterland packs have No Auction decorations; in the end many players who open packs won't even use them. It's fine if they're only obtainable during the right seasons but there should be a way for decorators to work towards getting them without spam-buying Hoard packs-- Krampus does seem perfect to drop yuletide items...

Survivor
Jul 04, 2014
Idk if its been fixed but i managed the impossible this evening and pulled off 2 complete runs and the best drop was some junk seeds no joke.

I went for like 5 runs the last battle fails often enough so hard people simply flee and never return and to get those drops feels like punishment more then reward.

Not even sure if i want to waste my time with this place any more.