Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Make Balance Great Again!

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Frost Wind on Nov 23, 2017 wrote:
I've not found balance hard to solo. Don't try to play it like other schools. I wouldn't mind a damage or pierce bubble, especially since Power Play has so few applications, but a balance prism would be wrong for many reasons.
i agree; power play is about as useful as a bicycle with square wheels.

thankfully, balance now has options: we got counterforce at level 97 and gaze of fate also has the after-effect of a 25% damage bubble (unlike our other buffs, this is not universal and only boosts balance damage).

-von

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Dr Von on Nov 23, 2017 wrote:
as a balance wizard who runs primarily solo, i second this.

i'm fine with supporting a team, if that's what i'm needed for. but i should also be self-sufficient, if it's late at night and there's no one online (as is often the case, with my time zone and playable hours).

the prism idea makes me think of how gaze of fate works, where the first hit is balance but the second one deals damage from a random school. i'm interested to know how something like that would work with, say, nested fury or spectral blast~ would the prism effect only be triggered by incoming balance damage, or by the next balance spell?

-von
What I'm imagining is that the prism would only affect "Balance" damage, such as from Mana Burn, Judgment, or the first hit from Gaze of Fate.

Balance school spells that use other school damages, like Spectral Blast, Hydra, Chimera, etc. would not trigger a prism.

What made me think of this was facing Sychorax recently, with her little bee minion that was spamming Spirit and Elemental shields on top of all the weaknesses. A prism like I'm imagining would trigger and eliminate them all at once. It could be used as a tool to break through multiple shields and debuffs, and/or to pierce a Balance boss with high resist.

To get the most out of it for damage when soloing, we Balances could use a combination of Spirit and Elemental blades and traps, similar to how we set up Chimera or Spectral Blast.

Alia Misthaven

Explorer
Jul 18, 2011
was supposed to be a school with power over the other 6 they are primarily a all needs school which has heals multi-school attacks and single school attacks this schools power like ice is based on stats your blades are a temporary support structure while you build you critical and damage and other stats they are a fail safe. Auras are the most primary method of gaining damage or other stats to make you more effective may have a few blades with almost no support and is hard to solo I agree but balance was made for players who have mastered at least 2-3 schools who are knowledge able in pvp or questing and are "pros" it is a strategy school which favor the well prepared and well knowledge able so stronger blades are not nessecary in pvp they rule the field rivaling ice and any other dominant school they are meant for teamplay too which is the primary use to be a solo balance is to be a ice who does not tank likewise it is hard is quite literally balance wit power over 6 schools it's weakness is it's strength power over effects or you could say 6 schools in 1 basically you are your own flaw if you're balance. And if you want to be a solo balance you must plan ahead every single spell and thinkof a counter to it and couter that balance is a school of wisdom, battle strategy and harmony.

Explorer
Jul 18, 2011
basically what i'm saying is balance was meant to be a burden and blessing it favors the smart people who think ahead or people who exploit every thing though not much balance is as strong as it is flawed and complicated

Explorer
Jul 18, 2011
Every school has a flaw has damage problems has accuracy problems has accuracy problems too has I really don't know has damage problems has I don't knoweither and has simplpy too much power too simplify this i'll use greek myths a greek hero had many gifts and power so much so his lifeline was a piece of fire wood to level out his power if he didn't have that p9ower it wouldn't be balanced.

Explorer
Jul 18, 2011
before I leave this message board I'm going to annoy you and leave my counter post to people saying balance still needs those new blades you want if balance had a prism what school will it be any random school? and those blades as explained in my one of my other post balance is built on stats it cards take power from other schools like tc blades will make it a type of easy mode it will make a god simply and balance traps are technically already made because balance is universal so is hex,feint and so on a specific balance trap would make balance even stronger for no reason and a shield is made the only thing balance needs is brick wall to be craftable and there you go all done. and finally if you're going to counter my reasons my other post probally couter you especially the fire wood one you need a weakeness if you're gonna be a balance with a prism or blad eor trap specific to balance you might as well skip to empyrea and win the game.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Freshta on Nov 24, 2017 wrote:
What I'm imagining is that the prism would only affect "Balance" damage, such as from Mana Burn, Judgment, or the first hit from Gaze of Fate.

Balance school spells that use other school damages, like Spectral Blast, Hydra, Chimera, etc. would not trigger a prism.

What made me think of this was facing Sychorax recently, with her little bee minion that was spamming Spirit and Elemental shields on top of all the weaknesses. A prism like I'm imagining would trigger and eliminate them all at once. It could be used as a tool to break through multiple shields and debuffs, and/or to pierce a Balance boss with high resist.

To get the most out of it for damage when soloing, we Balances could use a combination of Spirit and Elemental blades and traps, similar to how we set up Chimera or Spectral Blast.

Alia Misthaven
that's how i imagine a prism working for us as well.

if balance borrows from all schools, we should at least have the ability to remove shields and/or weakness without off-school tc; this would definitely eliminate the shield problem, at least for pve.

not sure if or not others would deem this sort of solution too "overpowered" for pvp use. but yes, i remember doing the sycorax fight, and it was definitely annoying; i used shrike/flawless combos to pierce the shields, but bloating my deck like that often meant that i couldn't get to the cards i needed when i needed them. perhaps this would help in that regard.

-von

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
Deroxxa on Nov 17, 2017 wrote:
I'm sure as a lot of Sorcerers know, it's a real struggle to solo as Balance. Weak blades, no prisms, blades being universal (complicates weakness removal), lack of a damage global spell (w/o requiring a Shadow Pip). While the gear that Balance has does give great damage, that damage is short-lived because the blades are so weak. It's understandable because they're meant for support, and while they're OP in that sense, that isn't the case when soloing.

I do have a solution for this though, simply give Balance a Balance damage specific blade & trap. Here's what I have in mind:

The "Sandblade" +35% Damage
The "Sand Trap" +25% Damage

These would really aid Balance Wizards like myself who are trying to solo the game. Since Balance's damage is roughly on par with Myth, especially in terms of Sabertooth vs Calander, there's no real need for a +40% Blade or +30% Trap.

Just to compensate for this increase in Balance's killing power, it would probably be best to decrease their accuracy to 80% from their current 85% with maybe knocking off a small notch of their health.

As for when Balance should acquire these spells, best to put "Sandblade" in with the Balanceblade quest and same for "Sand Trap" with Hex. The item spell card "Stone Wall" which spawns three -35% shields has proven that creating Balance-specific charms & wards are possible to make. I urge you all at KingIsle to look into my idea and hopefully implement it into the game at some point.
If balance gets a specify blade then there should be a balance set shield in play to counter it

Explorer
Jul 18, 2011
Dr Von on Nov 25, 2017 wrote:

if balance borrows from all schools, we should at least have the ability to remove shields and/or weakness without off-school tc; this would definitely eliminate the shield problem, at least for pve.

not sure if or not others would deem this sort of solution too "overpowered" for pvp use. but yes, i remember doing the sycorax fight, and it was definitely annoying; i used shrike/flawless combos to pierce the shields, but bloating my deck like that often meant that i couldn't get to the cards i needed when i needed them. perhaps this would help in that regard.

-von
But if there is a balance prism then it would be to what would balance turn into would you have one for all 6 schools??

Explorer
Jul 18, 2011
Dr Von on Nov 25, 2017 wrote:

-von
Or you could remove spiritual shields/elemental shields but that will be a problem and so will eliminating shields with cards so really balance probably doesn't need to be changed????

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
samuel032907 on Nov 25, 2017 wrote:
But if there is a balance prism then it would be to what would balance turn into would you have one for all 6 schools??
while i don't want to speak for the person who initially suggested the prism, s/he said (iirc) that it would convert balance to one random school's damage, which would mean 6 possible combos:

to
to
to
to
to
to

it would give us a way around shields that doesn't involve us having to bloat our decks a ton. of course, towers and the appropriate school shields would be used as counters, as would weakness.

as to your second post, we can't remove shields without use of off-school tc (namely shatter, pierce, etc.). are you suggesting a spell that allows removal of elemental/spirit shields in those specific combos?

Survivor
Jul 31, 2013
this is a great idea. i am balance and a lot of the time i struggle doing bosses, and often have to call friends in to help me, which is really inconsistent seeing sometimes i have no friends on.

Explorer
Jul 18, 2011
Dr Von on Nov 26, 2017 wrote:
while i don't want to speak for the person who initially suggested the prism, s/he said (iirc) that it would convert balance to one random school's damage, which would mean 6 possible combos:

to
to
to
to
to
to

it would give us a way around shields that doesn't involve us having to bloat our decks a ton. of course, towers and the appropriate school shields would be used as counters, as would weakness.

as to your second post, we can't remove shields without use of off-school tc (namely shatter, pierce, etc.). are you suggesting a spell that allows removal of elemental/spirit shields in those specific combos?
maybe instead of a prism it would be a chance to destroy 3 of these options? or I would summon a random steal/destoy ward/charm spell from that school??

Explorer
Jul 18, 2011
and of course we could always make balance pets get a chance to have a either 15-70% chance to destroy all weakness on you or all shields on a random enemy so it's not too op and balance is just a bit less vurnerable but then again if you read my other post here you see i think you just need to be a few steps ahead your enemy to not get in a corner