Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Make Leveling Pets More Accessible

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 22, 2014
I'm pretty sure as a lot of Veteran players know, training pets is a real drag and can be especially disappointing if your pet comes out below expectation when hitting Mega. It's already struggle enough just getting someone at hatch with you, let alone someone who owns pets with perfect stats. The current XP threshold is simply too high for the current RNG pet race. 125, 250, 500, 1000, 2000XP, Mega Snacks are very hard to come by which also adds to to painful grind. Double XP does help, but being only temporary, unless you're blasting tons of money on Mega Snacks like the Wiz Youtubers or going try-hard mode on gardening, you're gonna have to farm for the snacks, which is a struggle all on it's own.

I do have valid criticisms to cover for why the current Pet Training System is so heavily flawed, a good example of this was my first Mega pet "Sandy, my Golden Ram, the pet had a good streak from Baby to Epic: Teen got Fairy, Adult got Sprite (questionable), Ancient got Spell-Defying, Epic got Myth-Striker. Then he hits Mega and...Sharp-Shot...accuracy which was pointless because I already had over 100% accuracy on my Myth at the time. A disappointment it was getting that at Mega of all ranks.

I do have a solution for this grind that could prove beneficial for everyone, MAKE THE XP THRESHOLD LOWER!
More specifically:
Baby-Teen 75XP
Teen-Adult: 150XP
Adult-Ancient: 300XP
Ancient-Epic: 600XP
Epic-Mega: 1200XP
Not really counting Mega-Ultra since it's irrelevant to go that far unless your pet turned out good, but I'd say 1500XP would be a good place for it.

With these lower XP requirements, it'll be significantly more beneficial for all sides of the player spectrum. It'll make the grind a lot less frustrating on veterans and new players to train pets to Mega, it'll result in a massive uprising in hatching due to more players having the capability to reach Mega with their pets and overall. It'll feel a lot less disappointing if your pet comes out below expectation at Mega because the grind will be so much shorter. KingIsle, if you're reading this, please consider helping us out with lessening the pet grind.