Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

KI should buff Myth

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 02, 2012
Myth is undoubtedly one of the hardest schools to solo. Myth does not have a school heal and it has relatively low health compared to the other school with no heal(Ice). Myth doesn't get a big hit until 58 (Medusa) and the "minions" myth is supposed to be famous for are useless in second arc because they don't do much except use small hits , die quickly , and use up your feints and traps. Earthquakes base damage is 310! We are trying to kill the mobs not troll them by taking their blades off. Every other school has a hit all after 60 that does way more than quake. Myth can't do damage second arc. That's a major issue. Every other school has bigger hits than myth second arc. Us conjurers get low damage stats from gear( lower than death and balance) , very low base damage from spells (even with enchants), we can't even kill mobs in Azteca without feinting(!), and we have no health and resist. KI should buff myth rn in all aspects because there is no reason to train into myth at all. Please KI take this word with other conjurers and buff the school of MYTH!!!!!!!!

Explorer
May 03, 2016
spikeytwo on Nov 16, 2017 wrote:
Myth is undoubtedly one of the hardest schools to solo. Myth does not have a school heal and it has relatively low health compared to the other school with no heal(Ice). Myth doesn't get a big hit until 58 (Medusa) and the "minions" myth is supposed to be famous for are useless in second arc because they don't do much except use small hits , die quickly , and use up your feints and traps. Earthquakes base damage is 310! We are trying to kill the mobs not troll them by taking their blades off. Every other school has a hit all after 60 that does way more than quake. Myth can't do damage second arc. That's a major issue. Every other school has bigger hits than myth second arc. Us conjurers get low damage stats from gear( lower than death and balance) , very low base damage from spells (even with enchants), we can't even kill mobs in Azteca without feinting(!), and we have no health and resist. KI should buff myth rn in all aspects because there is no reason to train into myth at all. Please KI take this word with other conjurers and buff the school of MYTH!!!!!!!!
i understand where your coming from but don't lump those who can do good damage with feint Azteca with those who can't. I can kill mobs in Azteca with frog and two blades. If you want good resist and health, do the side quest such as waterworks and House of Scales. they give you the stats you are looking for. although yes myth doesn't get a good hit spell til medusa, frog is still a good aoe until we get to darkmoor and get Colossus. Also the minions are good when you know what your doing. The minions aren't there for big damage, they are for other task. If you want to do big damage, do it yourself.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2017
Quite a statement you made there~ considering the average myth players I've seen solo questing like my self. In this day and age i do agree that myth needs both a heal and a defensive buff compare to its spirit brother and sister schools death and life. Life has an enormous amount of heals and death has ways of healing themselves, while myth has to rely on summoning minions to heal.I do believe this needs attention as well, one of many ways myth can benefit from having an independent heal whether its overtime or neutral flat amount would be able to counter high end damage bosses and giving Pvp players a little survivability in some aspect of the strategies they use.

Survivor
Dec 02, 2012
Ok first frog does 265-325 base(that is terrible,best Aoe for myth until 100, the next worst damage for the best aoe damage is frost giant with 475;almost double) . With a colossal, it does base 540-600. With a sharpen and a regular blade and 90 damage, it would only do two thousand. Everyone has to feint. Even with 4 blades frog will only do around 4000-4200(With 90 damage). By Khrysalis the mobs will have up to 6 thousand and you won't get better stats. The minions only use small hits and blade themselves. Waterworks give decent stats, but you still will struggle with the higher up worlds. Myth has around 3200 health by Azteca so soloing bosses is very hard. And again with the minions they are useless in higher up worlds with mostly hitting spells and no heal(Providing no use to you when trying to kill bosses). MYTH again should be buffed a lot!!!!

Survivor
Aug 17, 2015
Myth in my opinion is a good school for solo, you should just focus on using frog or earth

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I agree, Myth can use a heal spell and a few spell buffs. As I was questing in Khrysalis Polaris, Mirage and now Emprea, I been getting help requests mostly from Myth. I also noticed fewer and fewer Myths questing in the worlds I've mentioned. I heard players deleted their Myth wizards because they can't get through the 3rd arc alone and team-up is not fast like it used to be. My Myth wizard is in Avalon and I may delete him later on when I get to harder worlds think i'll be forced to change strategy in a way i'm not comfortable with in order to survive.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
We shouldn't ignore this topic anymore.

It seems more attention is paid to other schools rather than myth. Why is this so?
As a former Conjurer, I decided to transfer schools (like how you transfer flights) when I realized that this school wasn't providing the capabilities I fully needed to survive (heals, efficient stats, etc.)

Now, looking on, I do not regret this decision. Why? Well, how would you feel if you were at a school/university rather; everyone is encouraging you to study medicine, engineering, something that will most likely yield a good job. But no, you rather stick to something rather not so popular, sociology. You graduate, leave school and yet, you feel like you've accomplished nothing. You feel forgotten by society (no pun intended) while all your former classmates have gone on to join stellar careers.
This is how Myth Wizards feel! We see even Storm recently getting it's own heal (while they still lack defenses) they over come with power. Practically, nowadays, every school seems to be making steps to provide an all balanced era. While it's debatable if those steps are working, it is a fact that Myth has been overlooked in many regards,

The fact that the game is suffering from Conjurers is a testament of how much attention is needed for the school.
If they're to specialize in Minions, make the minions worth summoning.
Don't waste our time and pips.

A comment earlier was made about Earthquake and I fully agree with it. Revisit the spell if need be (add some more damage maybe?).

Point is. Myth is a school just like all the others. Favoritism should not be played here. There's a reason why we've a Balance school; Balance is needed.

Survivor
Dec 02, 2012
Nitelytes on Nov 17, 2017 wrote:
Myth in my opinion is a good school for solo, you should just focus on using frog or earth
Again they both have extremely low base damage so myth needs a buffed aoe

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
First, Myth does have a heal called Siphon Health. Second, Myth doesn't have a hard time soloing at all. Everyone here is defining "soloing" as what aoe spells you have, how much damage they can do, and what you can do if you run low on health before buffing or your spell doesn't one-shot the boss. In mmos, soloing tends to refer to your ability to perform content without the help of other players. With this definition in mind, I personally think Myth has the easiest time soloing rather than the hardest. You just play differently than the schools do.

I think this because of the recent addition of Monstrology and how Myth benefits from this more than all the other schools. Need a healer? Summon one. A tank? Summon it and so on. With the endless number of combos you could perform with this, you can easily solo most content (possibly all if the right preparation is made.)

Now there are a couple things that could be argued against Monstrology and it's ability to make Myth good at soloing. First being inability to buff a minion like you would yourself without it casting it's spell early and second being how easy it would be to collect these summons without a good aoe to kill them fast.

Firstly, contrary to popular believe, you can buff minions like you would yourself without them casting too early. This is because Myth has a spell that makes the easy know as dimensional shift. Just buff yourself like normal then use dimensional shift when your ready and the minion has a good attack to cast.

Secondly, I can't really argue against the simplicity to get these spells as a Myth. The best solution I've used is have one of my other wizards farm in my place and trade it over when I need more and having your Myth use aoe spells with the monstrology enchants instead of sun enchants.

In conclusion, I feel Myth has more potential than any other school to solo. It just takes longer than other schools to get this rolling. Also, please don't take this post negatively. Just an opinion.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Nitelytes on Nov 17, 2017 wrote:
No.

Stop and think about it for a few seconds and you will understand why this is not a realistic solution. Why not tell Fire to just use their Meteor, or Ice to just use their Blizzard. Yeah. You can see right away how insane that approach would be....

No.

What Myth has to do - way up until they reach Mystic Colossus in Darkmoor - is use a one-shot "kill-the-weakest" first strategy. Using buffs and Medusa or Calendar, we take down one enemy, heal if needed, then blade up and repeat. And that works, we just have to be very patient.

The real problem, I think, is that the minions are useless beyond level 60 or so. By the time I waste my pips on summoning one, I needed to be taking down one of the mobs or else they're gonna kill me. Instead, I just wasted all my pips on a minion who will make insane battle choices, disrupt any traps I've set, draw aggro, and mostly end up being killed within 1-2 rounds in the higher worlds. (The strongest of them, Vassanji, only has 2000 health; all the rest have 1000 or less).

None of the minions heal effectively, and we can only have one out at a time. With cheating bosses, which have become the norm, minions and even high-level Crowns henchmen are a liability.

For a school that's supposed to be built around the power of summoning helpers, none of this makes any sense. We need stronger minions with much better resist, higher health, maybe one that provides healing or buffing "only" options, and better AI for dealing with cheating bosses.

Alia Misthaven, 121
Emma Ravencaller, 78

Explorer
Sep 20, 2017
It would be good if Myth gets some amount of recognition it truly deserves.

The reasons listed above are what we see here are hindering the school. That said, whenever I play my . It is indeed a struggle. Not because my gear etc is bad. In fact, it is pretty good. But I just find the odds always being stacked up against me for some reason.

Survivor
Mar 20, 2013
They should nerf earthquake. so many people use it to troll. just don't let it get rid of your team's shields.
They maybe nerf storm there op.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Myth's Medusa is too freaking OP. I made a Myth character just for that spell because I was so tired of being stunned. Every school has it's pros and cons and not all schools are designed to be just weaker versions of Storms with some other stat added in. It may be more challenging, but it can still be fun. Also try Monstrology- you can have lots of minions that way.

Good luck!

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
owentheterrible on Dec 2, 2017 wrote:
They should nerf earthquake. so many people use it to troll. just don't let it get rid of your team's shields.
They maybe nerf storm there op.
No, No. Earthquake is fine the way it is. It's a nice little spell when you need it. Nerf it will not stop spell trolling. If no Earthquake, then trolls will fine other spells to troll you with. In fact I think Earthquake can use a damage buff. Either that one or Frog.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2012
I agree! I have a myth wizard and it is an extremely hard school if you don't have super perfect stats or if you just don't like to get to roughed up as well as like getting the calendar spell is insane for the boss because that boss is a rank 13 with like 14,000 health and all we have are more or less weak spells even with enchants heck I had to get a life mastery amulet just to beat it.

Quinn Battlecloud 91
Anna Icecaster 122

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
I think where Myth really needs attention is where myth is "so well known for" the minions.

My highest level wizard is a 112 Myth, and while Vassanji was a great and cool spell to use when I got it.....at level 75. I don't have much use for him anymore, he's not a good way to spend pips at my level. I want to use him and other minions i've gotten but I can't. Their sort of just collecting virtual dust.

I'm not really sure how to fix this, buff the AI? Have minions scale to the level of the enemy you're fighting? Not too sure.