Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Participation Trophy Reagent

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 31, 2013
Hey All,

Not sure if anyone has addressed this yet but...

I have 6 max level wizards, only one who has begun Empyrea. I have the maximum crafting badge for each wizard so far. I love crafting, however, I do not love PVP. I tried PVP one time and was heckled mercilessly. It is just not my cup of tea and it's not what I want to spend my time doing on Wizard101.

Are there any alternatives to obtaining enough arena tickets to purchase the required participation trophies to craft the focused weapon? I often do the daily rewards but have not earned enough arena tickets for these participation trophies.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks!

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
EmmalineWillowsong on Nov 10, 2017 wrote:
Hey All,

Not sure if anyone has addressed this yet but...

I have 6 max level wizards, only one who has begun Empyrea. I have the maximum crafting badge for each wizard so far. I love crafting, however, I do not love PVP. I tried PVP one time and was heckled mercilessly. It is just not my cup of tea and it's not what I want to spend my time doing on Wizard101.

Are there any alternatives to obtaining enough arena tickets to purchase the required participation trophies to craft the focused weapon? I often do the daily rewards but have not earned enough arena tickets for these participation trophies.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks!
As per the Update Notes about the Participation Trophy, "a reagent that is purchased with arena tickets in the Pet Pavilion or found as a reward for daily quests."

I've just been doing Daily Assignments to get all my Trophies, and I already got 2. By the way, the Participation Trophy will NOT show up in your chat box saying you got it. When you complete an Assignment and see what you get from the chest, check your backpack and see if you got a Trophy too. I think this is a bug and I hope Kingsisle fixes it soon.

Survivor
Oct 25, 2009
I have the same problem. I love crafting and got most my gear crafted, but I abhor pvp-because you have to fight actual people and pet dirby makes me dizzy. Not being able to progress as a crafter because of this just does not seem fair. I mean they've got to know they can't make people like ALL of aspects of the game and making reagent that expensive feels like some sort of punishment.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
The Revered Crafting level is supposed to be a huge challenge, but KI did adjust how we obtain the participation trophies because of the huge outcry. Many crafters don't want to do PVP.

Tournaments are another compromise option. Apparently, it's possible to enroll, enter the tournament, then immediately log off and remain offline for the next several hours. You will come in last place, but will still gain 250 tickets automatically. I don't personally condone ditching battles I've signed up for, but the option exists and some folks may be okay with getting tickets this way.

Shocked keys are dropping from silver chests in lower worlds. I have a Life wizard questing in Avalon and she has three already. My Storm picked up a couple in Polaris.

I'm not sure about fishing chests yet, haven't tried that because of pet training this weekend.

And thanks to Brahm for the tip on Daily Assignments giving out trophies that readily, but not notifying us. You have two already?! Wow!

Alia Misthaven

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Freshta on Nov 11, 2017 wrote:
The Revered Crafting level is supposed to be a huge challenge, but KI did adjust how we obtain the participation trophies because of the huge outcry. Many crafters don't want to do PVP.

Tournaments are another compromise option. Apparently, it's possible to enroll, enter the tournament, then immediately log off and remain offline for the next several hours. You will come in last place, but will still gain 250 tickets automatically. I don't personally condone ditching battles I've signed up for, but the option exists and some folks may be okay with getting tickets this way.

Shocked keys are dropping from silver chests in lower worlds. I have a Life wizard questing in Avalon and she has three already. My Storm picked up a couple in Polaris.

I'm not sure about fishing chests yet, haven't tried that because of pet training this weekend.

And thanks to Brahm for the tip on Daily Assignments giving out trophies that readily, but not notifying us. You have two already?! Wow!

Alia Misthaven
Shocked Keys have also been reported to be dropped by Key limes! :o

Survivor
Oct 25, 2009
Thanks for the tip on tournaments. I got whole load of arena tickets from just few matches, most of which I lost miserably and won one only , mainly because the other guy was after tickets too and didn't bother much about winning. But I still say its a pain to do them at all and to me a huge waste of time I could have spend on other things. Plus now you have people like me, who have no other way of obtaining reagent, other then doing tournaments, spoiling pvp for those who are actually interested in it. Wait till they find out.
I try to stick to 1v1 games, last match I did was 2v2 and my team mate showed up only for the first match died and fled, the rest I did on my own and in the end we came last(7th place) and I got no arena tickets at all. So yeah thanks ki for this experience.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
I agree 100 percent. It is like a punishment; saying you have to PVP or you have to pet derby or just give up
advancing in crafting.
Why not create a recipe like some other reagents, or make it an uncommon drop from some Bosses.
Or keeping in line with Emperia, they can only be found in normal treasure chests. Like the keys that can only be
found in the silver chests.
It angers me enough to maybe stop playing until they do come up with a better resolution.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Freshta on Nov 11, 2017 wrote:

Alia Misthaven
Yes someone in the Test Realm discussions about these trophies gave the idea about purposely losing in order to gain 250 arena tickets each time.

It sounds very awkward and drawn out but I guess is bettre than nothing.

My recent proposal but I'll post it here too where it will more likely be seen, was:
Let's all designate a realm to be the Shirker Realm. Then people can meet in that particular realm just outside the arena. People who want to shirk the arena battle, in order to get the 250 arena tickets...and people who'd love a sure win to boost their own PVP ranking.

Sound good to anyone else?
I don't really like the idea of ditching battles without the other player agreeing to that beforehand.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
If it makes anyone feel better: The old recipe called for many more arena tickets. The beta test realm forum complaints got that reduced, at least.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
SparkleTude on Nov 22, 2017 wrote:
Yes someone in the Test Realm discussions about these trophies gave the idea about purposely losing in order to gain 250 arena tickets each time.

It sounds very awkward and drawn out but I guess is bettre than nothing.

My recent proposal but I'll post it here too where it will more likely be seen, was:
Let's all designate a realm to be the Shirker Realm. Then people can meet in that particular realm just outside the arena. People who want to shirk the arena battle, in order to get the 250 arena tickets...and people who'd love a sure win to boost their own PVP ranking.

Sound good to anyone else?
I don't really like the idea of ditching battles without the other player agreeing to that beforehand.
This would not quite work because of the way Tournaments are set up. Realm doesn't matter, we sign up to join and are matched based on rank and level.

But ... your idea to all meet at a certain place got me thinking. What might work for us "crafters who don't like PVP," is meeting at a specific realm and time to form our own teams and join a tournament together. Most of us are going to be noobs and lose spectacularly, but if we're all on the same team, at least we'd only be letting ourselves down.

Alia Misthaven

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Freshta on Nov 23, 2017 wrote:
This would not quite work because of the way Tournaments are set up. Realm doesn't matter, we sign up to join and are matched based on rank and level.

But ... your idea to all meet at a certain place got me thinking. What might work for us "crafters who don't like PVP," is meeting at a specific realm and time to form our own teams and join a tournament together. Most of us are going to be noobs and lose spectacularly, but if we're all on the same team, at least we'd only be letting ourselves down.

Alia Misthaven
LOL

That's basically what I was saying -- agree in advance to not take it too seriously, try too hard or to lose on purpose. No matter what, they'd be agreeing that the trophy is all that mattered.
What most people who don't PVP seem to fear is being trashed and trounced. If we can all kind of shake hands on it being a fun friendly match not caring who wins...that might remove some of that disdain and hesitation.

I still think there are a lot of people who wouldn't mind a sure win from those of us who don't care about it.

So even if players meet in a given realm, it tosses them randomly at other folks is what you are saying, unless they are in a group? But...you can compete with chosen PVP opponents, within a group?

Then let's all make a Shirkers group for PVP.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
SparkleTude on Nov 24, 2017 wrote:
LOL

That's basically what I was saying -- agree in advance to not take it too seriously, try too hard or to lose on purpose. No matter what, they'd be agreeing that the trophy is all that mattered.
What most people who don't PVP seem to fear is being trashed and trounced. If we can all kind of shake hands on it being a fun friendly match not caring who wins...that might remove some of that disdain and hesitation.

I still think there are a lot of people who wouldn't mind a sure win from those of us who don't care about it.

So even if players meet in a given realm, it tosses them randomly at other folks is what you are saying, unless they are in a group? But...you can compete with chosen PVP opponents, within a group?

Yes, I think signing up for tournaments will match us with folks from across all the realms, basing the matches on our PVP rank and general questing level. (I'm basing that guess on my limited knowledge of team PVP, which I've dabbled in with my level 40 Death.)

Anyway, if we're gonna try this, we maybe should start a thread on the PVP boards and get some accurate info about how it works before we dive in.

Alia Misthaven

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
SparkleTude on Nov 24, 2017 wrote:
LOL

PS: forgot to add: yes, if we grouped up ahead of time, then we would be assured that up to four of us could be on one team together. There are far fewer group matches set up each day, as I understand it, so two groups of 4 "crafters who don't like PVP" would have a very good chance of being matched together.

Alia Misthaven

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
Freshta on Nov 24, 2017 wrote:
PS: forgot to add: yes, if we grouped up ahead of time, then we would be assured that up to four of us could be on one team together. There are far fewer group matches set up each day, as I understand it, so two groups of 4 "crafters who don't like PVP" would have a very good chance of being matched together.

Alia Misthaven
"Crafters who don't like PVP",,, sounds good to me.
I HATE PVP and if I'm forced to do it so I can craft, I guarantee I'll lose.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
OK thanks for the feedback.

I just want to emphasize no one would have to participate in this group if they found it ridiculous. It's just an idea, since the vast majority who've posted about the Trophy ingredient feel defeated by it.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Freshta on Nov 24, 2017 wrote:
Yes, I think signing up for tournaments will match us with folks from across all the realms, basing the matches on our PVP rank and general questing level. (I'm basing that guess on my limited knowledge of team PVP, which I've dabbled in with my level 40 Death.)

Anyway, if we're gonna try this, we maybe should start a thread on the PVP boards and get some accurate info about how it works before we dive in.

Alia Misthaven
Count me in.

Steven Ghoststalker

Explorer
Mar 31, 2013
Survivor
Apr 19, 2012
I am glad they are addressing this even if it is in just a small way. I have less than zero interest in playing pvp or being around most of them that do. It's is just not an enjoyable section of the game to me.

I am glad they made the crafting quest a challenge but forcing the most unpleasant aspect in the game on people is not a way to get me interested in pvp or its players.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Jared Darkshield on Nov 27, 2017 wrote:
I am glad they are addressing this even if it is in just a small way. I have less than zero interest in playing pvp or being around most of them that do. It's is just not an enjoyable section of the game to me.

I am glad they made the crafting quest a challenge but forcing the most unpleasant aspect in the game on people is not a way to get me interested in pvp or its players.
They are not forcing anyone to participate in PvP. You can get Participation Trophies as drops from the Daily Assignment chests, and I've gotten 4 just from there. I imagine I'll get my 5th one soon, and I would have done absolutely no PvP in getting all my Trophies.

Kingsisle provided an alternative source to obtaining Participation Trophies, you just have to choose to use it.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
EmmalineWillowsong on Nov 26, 2017 wrote:
Shirkers Unite! Count me in!
Yay!

Someone in the "older players" thread had the idea of a weekly meeting in a given realm, wearing a certain hat, for people who wanted to quest with other "older players."

That's when it struck me the same thing could be done but for people who wanted a gentler PVP experience. And to help each other gather up the trophies needed for Revered Crafting.

I don't know what will happen but I a willing to "dive in." Does anyone have a preference for realms? We could say any day, since time zones and what not will vary, and the appeal for this might be very large.

What should be the signal of being a PVP Shirker? A color of hat or a type of hat maybe?
What does everyone think?

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
BrahmShadow on Nov 11, 2017 wrote:
As per the Update Notes about the Participation Trophy, "a reagent that is purchased with arena tickets in the Pet Pavilion or found as a reward for daily quests."

I've just been doing Daily Assignments to get all my Trophies, and I already got 2. By the way, the Participation Trophy will NOT show up in your chat box saying you got it. When you complete an Assignment and see what you get from the chest, check your backpack and see if you got a Trophy too. I think this is a bug and I hope Kingsisle fixes it soon.
So that's why my level 52 Myth wiz got a reagent "Participation Trophy"? It comes from the chest from Daily Assignments? I had no idea where it came from as I don't PVP on any of my wizards.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
anecorbie on Nov 28, 2017 wrote:
So that's why my level 52 Myth wiz got a reagent "Participation Trophy"? It comes from the chest from Daily Assignments? I had no idea where it came from as I don't PVP on any of my wizards.
Yes, the Daily Assignment chests drop Participation Trophies. However, it doesn't appear in the chat box, so you literally have to search your backpack to see if you got one lol.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
SparkleTude on Nov 27, 2017 wrote:
Yay!

Someone in the "older players" thread had the idea of a weekly meeting in a given realm, wearing a certain hat, for people who wanted to quest with other "older players."

That's when it struck me the same thing could be done but for people who wanted a gentler PVP experience. And to help each other gather up the trophies needed for Revered Crafting.

I don't know what will happen but I a willing to "dive in." Does anyone have a preference for realms? We could say any day, since time zones and what not will vary, and the appeal for this might be very large.

What should be the signal of being a PVP Shirker? A color of hat or a type of hat maybe?
Orange Hats?

Realm... Greyrose?

Steven Ghoststalker

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
anecorbie on Nov 28, 2017 wrote:
Yep, that's why you got a participation trophy even though you've never participated.

Alia Misthaven

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
SparkleTude on Nov 27, 2017 wrote:
Yay!

Any realm is fine with me, although I prefer the less crowded ones. (That's mostly due to the lag that comes from having so many active mounts and wizards whizzing by in a heavily populated area.)

To really make this idea work, we should start a new, dedicated thread maybe on the Dorms or Ravenwood board. Also, someone who is active at Central maybe should start another group up over there so we can get the word out more effectively.

It doesn't just have to be crafters, we could invite anyone who wants a sheltered exposure to PVP.

As for a realm, I'll go ahead and suggest Kraken, so we all can get together for a "Kraken" good time.

(Sorry. Can't help myself.)

Alia Misthaven