Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Loremaster and the 20 Spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 29, 2014
It's been quite the topic on my mind lately. Loremaster and her 20 spells.
Since the Empyrea update, Loremaster drops 20 spells in total. 20 spells that are very very rare to get.
Thing is, most people that come to farm Loremaster, unless they are collectors, are trying to get a specific spell or two. The chances of dropping spells are bad enough, but to have one single boss drop 20 spells is a little too much.
When I come to farm loremaster, I don't need nor want her 20 spells. Yet I end up getting most of them and not the spell I want. I think a lot of people can relate to this. I don't think its reasonable at all to have 20 of the rarest things to farm on this game all dropped by one boss.
I do have a suggestion though.
My BF has been talking for a while about dividing the loremaster spell drops to a few bosses, which their locations could be around loremaster, in the library, there is plenty of room there. The bosses could be different, and each would drop a few or one of the loremaster's spells, by their school, while the loremaster will remain as the one dropping all the spells.
The other suggestion he mentioned was, to be able to talk to loremaster before you enter her chamber and set the preferability to a certain spell you rather get, and then you have better chances of getting that specific spell.

I think these are good ideas that will help allot of players and save LOTS of time.
I hope you will consider this, KI.
Leave a comment if you have other ideas of improving Loremaster! or if you agree lol

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
efratc5880 on Nov 9, 2017 wrote:
Since the Empyrea update, Loremaster drops 20 spells in total. 20 spells that are very very rare to get.
Thing is, most people that come to farm Loremaster, unless they are collectors, are trying to get a specific spell or two. The chances of dropping spells are bad enough, but to have one single boss drop 20 spells is a little too much.
When I come to farm loremaster, I don't need nor want her 20 spells. Yet I end up getting most of them and not the spell I want. I think a lot of people can relate to this. I don't think its reasonable at all to have 20 of the rarest things to farm on this game all dropped by one boss.
My BF has been talking for a while about dividing the loremaster spell drops to a few bosses, which their locations could be around loremaster, in the library, there is plenty of room there. The bosses could be different, and each would drop a few or one of the loremaster's spells, by their school, while the loremaster will remain as the one dropping all the spells.
The other suggestion he mentioned was, to be able to talk to loremaster before you enter her chamber and set the preferability to a certain spell you rather get, and then you have better chances of getting that specific spell.

I think these are good ideas that will help allot of players and save LOTS of time.
Leave a comment if you have other ideas of improving Loremaster! or if you agree lol
dont want to farm? ya can craft, or buy the packs that drop em, if ya dont want the easy way, sit for 10 hours and farm Loremaster

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I farm Loremaster for the treasure cards that she drops ... so I can ultimately craft the spells I want.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
May 29, 2014
camahawk on Nov 10, 2017 wrote:
dont want to farm? ya can craft, or buy the packs that drop em, if ya dont want the easy way, sit for 10 hours and farm Loremaster
craft? give me crafting all day! but I can't craft it before I reach zafaria can I? and what good is it for me? I am trying to do low lvl pvp

Survivor
May 29, 2014
Freshta on Nov 10, 2017 wrote:
I farm Loremaster for the treasure cards that she drops ... so I can ultimately craft the spells I want.

Alia Misthaven
lol I farmed loremaster now for above 600 times since the new spells came out, and only gotten one pigsie tc. not to mention I can't even craft on my lvl 13 wizard so.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
efratc5880 on Nov 12, 2017 wrote:
lol I farmed loremaster now for above 600 times since the new spells came out, and only gotten one pigsie tc. not to mention I can't even craft on my lvl 13 wizard so.
Indeed. I've noticed the newest Wysteria spell treasure cards are NOT dropping. Very frustrating.

Alia Misthaven

Explorer
Apr 17, 2012
The spells aren't the only thing that are super rare. The TC cards needed to craft them is just as rare if not more so.

Since the addition of the new spells I've gotten (2) yes two new spells on my fire and not a single tc for any of the 20 spells she drops. Now wouldn't it be the other way around if the tc's dropped more frequently?

OH I do get tc's. More rebirths and sprites then I could ever use on my 12 wizards. But hey what else is new. We've been complaining about the drop rate from lore for well over 6 years now. You actually think anything is going to change now?

Survivor
May 29, 2014
bob3567441 on Nov 14, 2017 wrote:
The spells aren't the only thing that are super rare. The TC cards needed to craft them is just as rare if not more so.

Since the addition of the new spells I've gotten (2) yes two new spells on my fire and not a single tc for any of the 20 spells she drops. Now wouldn't it be the other way around if the tc's dropped more frequently?

OH I do get tc's. More rebirths and sprites then I could ever use on my 12 wizards. But hey what else is new. We've been complaining about the drop rate from lore for well over 6 years now. You actually think anything is going to change now?
Maybe if more people complain, and since now Loremaster drops 20 spells I think its just not reasonable at all.
I farmed loremaster over a thousand times ( ), and about 900 times since the new Wysteria spells became farmable and craftable and I managed to get 2 pigsie tc, 2 ninja piglets tc and 2 angry snowpig tc. Just to explain, I was lvl 11 when I started to farm. now i'm almost lvl 14. And the only XP I have gotten was from farming loremaster, in an average of 6 XP per battle. Even opened the chest a few times. Idk what else to say, I think that explains it. And these are considered new spells you'd expect a better drop rate maybe. Although I am going for deer knight and couldn't get that yet.
And about all the other tc dropped there such as Rebirth and Sprite and Plague and more, I have gotten hundreds of those, had to empty my tc a few times. Its obvious that they have a much better drop rate, and the other tc have a very low drop rate. And the chest doesn't have a better chance either so I quit trying to open it.

Survivor
Nov 24, 2010

As much as I want the spells the loremaster drops its for the better that they are all in one boss. This game is not supposed to be a quick game its more of a grind to lvl up get new spells gear and pets. Yesterday I farmed the lore master about 40 times and I got the spell Keeper of the flame (This is one of the myth spells if you are unsure) and a tc of the spell Samooria. Only doing the lore master 40 times for 1 spell and 1 tc is pretty lucky. I have also gotten deer knight on my level 115 storm wizard when I was farming for catalan)I am sadly not looking for either of these cards and looking for deer knight. I want this spell becuase it is very helpful for low level death wizards(32) because they do not have an attack that hits all enemies. It is a bad idea to split up the spells because that will disrupt low lvl pvp if everyone is getting lore master cards. They are very helpful at low lvl but changing the drops into separate bosses would make starting the game(IF you had crowns or are a member) way too easy to get these spells, and they should be hard to get becuase you can get them at ANY level. I would just be happy because you can get free spells that are overpowered FOR YOUR LEVEL. Not only can the boss be killed quickly there is many max wizards or high level wizards doing this dungeon so it is easy to just hop onto a team of people and they can kill the boss for you most of the time it is killed in ONE turn which is how it should be with a player that high of a level. I can see why people still complain about this though just because they want a spell but one thing I really enjoy about this game is how time consuming it is, and I am looking forward to doing more lore master runs today to try and get deerknight. And even if you are a higher level and don't have the spell you can always craft them.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
I had a slight solution.... Put Loremaster in Polaris+ make her shadow, higher health, damage, auras, ECT. Give her a better drop rate, but more difficult

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013

Yes please to bosses being sort out by school and being to set what spell you would like to get. I have been cursed with this certain thing, it has no particular name yet but I call it getting other schools' spells. A friend wanted help, guess what. Got Wintermoon :D :D

But I'm Death...

I know it can be hard to craft at low levels but it's not impossible. I might be wrong, but I think you can still get higher worlds' crafting quests once you've finished the one you're currently in. Just need someone to port you into the areas where the crafters are and require a lot of reagents.

Crafting quests are annoying and it gets worse when you need to gather reagents for the spell but I certainly think its less mentally exhausting then farming Loremaster.

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
We need a pigsie treasure card crafting recipe, and I imagine all the other cards need crafting recipes because finding 10 of those cards to craft the spell is super hard. They only drop from the pack or from lore master. Lore master's drop table is huge and I have been hearing the pigsie tc drop rate is really low.

Delver
May 29, 2009
I farmed the individual bosses to get those spells that I could first. That way it would increase my chances of getting the one(s) I wanted from Loremaster since you can't get the same spell twice.

Farm the Mooshu bosses for Ninja Pig, Samoorai, & Goat Monk. Their drop rate doesn't seem so low since I've gotten Samoorai on 5 out of 6 Balance wizards, Ninja Pig on on 4 Myth wizards, Goat Monk on 4 Life wizards (and a balance). Plus the battles are so much quicker.

I also have farmed the Lambent of Fire for the Burning Rampage spell (3 fire wizards) and Takanobu the Masterless for Catch of the Day (4 storm wizards).

I found it much easier to go ahead and craft the Deer Knight since I really wanted that for my 2 Legendary Artisan Death Wizards and didn't want to waste the time farming for it. I know it's really an inconvenience that you can have a level 12 Grandmaster Artisan but you can't pick up any further crafting quests even if you DO port into Zafaria.

In the meantime, just keep farming and hopefully you'll get the spell you want on the correct wizard!

Good luck
SorceressMiklai