Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How Many Of Us?

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Comment Yay or Nay:

How many of us were here back when:

• Level Cap Was 50
  • Storm was the least popular school
  • Pet Pavilion was Non-Existent
  • Wizard Community was a little nicer
  • Mounts were Non-Existent
  • Towers in Dragonspyre used to be 10+ floors more
  • J Todd Coleman was still working with KI
  • Dying clothing cost at least 10,000 Gold

If so, why are you still here?

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
I was there at that time and had gotten my Wizard to Marleybone. With the passing of my first wife and subsequent move to an area without reliable internet, I dropped out.

I returned last year and now quest with my kids (who have grown and moved out on their own).

As to why I'm back (as opposed to still here). I missed the Wizarding world. I enjoy a game that lets me forget about the problems in reality. I enjoy having a time when my scattered family can "sit down together" and enjoy a common interest.

I've also found that I also enjoy the message boards, the community here isn't toxic unlike PvP

Steven Ghoststalker

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Star Edward on Nov 8, 2017 wrote:
Comment Yay or Nay:

• Level Cap Was 50

Haha, yes to all counts!

I'm still here because:

There are frequent updates and changes to improve the game.
New worlds and spells come along regularly.
House decorating is truly my most favorite aspect of this game.

The main reason I've stayed active so long is, questing is relaxing in lower worlds. So when my high level wizards are waiting for new content, I just happily move my lower wizards along at a leisurely pace.

Alia Misthaven
Miranda Willowglen (1st wizard, started in Aug 2009 on a friend's account & retired at Grandmaster)

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
Yay!
I remember those days well. I was such a brat then.
I still play now because it's always been an activity to spend time with my mom. We both still play to this day and get excited when new content comes out. Looking back makes me feel old (I'm 21 now, but realizing I've played this game for almost a decade still makes me feel this way.)

Hope we both can still enjoy the spiral for many years to come!

Michael Shadowblade 120

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
I got the tail end of that, I believe. I was around 6 at the time so I don't remember much but trying to buy the spellbinder hood and finish triton avenue . I remember Celestia came out a few months after I joined.

Christopher LifeHeart; Champion Theurgist

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
Still here. Short answer, it's the people who keep it interesting. There is a lot more one can do now solo, with all the side activities, but I wouldn't have made it through all the quests without the other wizards to talk to, and adding their different styles to fights. I love blending my strategy with other's spells. It brings life to the game. I can still remember, and equip, my first pet, a little aqua dragon named Oscar. At first he brought nothing but cuteness. Then the pet pavilion came, and he became Ice school, which matched my own, so lucky. His stripes also changed patterns. I didn't like that at first, but came to accept it as part of his growing up, like a fawn loosing it's spots, but in his case he got tiger stripes. That KI keeps adding to the game, and listening to it's players also helps a lot.

Survivor
Nov 28, 2015
I was there although it was an entirely different account. I’ve used a few different accounts throughout the years although I no longer remember the log in info for any of them except for this one I’m currently using, my most recent account. The reason I’m still here is that I just simply prefer simple MMO RPG’s like this.

Also gotta say that I love all the changes and add-on’s that they made since then. Still feel that there could be a ton more improvements that they can make but aside from that I’m definitely excited to see what the future may.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
Yeah, the infancy of Wiz is always fun to talk about. I remember when the dorms were preset and when you could go behind the gate of the sewer in Olde Town. I still play the game because i enjoy doing so. Thank you for posting this.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
Star Edward on Nov 8, 2017 wrote:
Comment Yay or Nay:

• Level Cap Was 50

Because, been playing since August 2009, and I've loved the game since! Why NOT play?

I remember the good old days of fearing the heck out of Sunken City. My mom and I always hated going in there because they'd pull you right off the sidewalk.

Also remember the Selena thing. Good times!

Gosh, what a nostalgic game. It's changed and evolved for the better for sure, though.

-- Loving player, Alexander Stormcloud , Level 121

Explorer
Sep 20, 2017
Response:

Yay!

I recently created this account as support for my older, existing one.
Must say, you brought back much nostalgia when those points..

Honestly, I do miss those days. Things seem way more easier back then. The trolls and negativity just seemed little to non-existent back then.

The game has a special place in my heart and is for that reason why I've returned and am still here.

Explorer
Sep 20, 2017
Survivor
Dec 09, 2011
I remember those days, back when i had my old account.

Reason I'm still playing today is, eh, i like a good story and this game delivers on that front.

Matthew Bluestrider

Explorer
Jun 29, 2009
Those days will never be forgotten! Started in 2009 since I saw a TV Ad when I was just in 4th grade, have never stopped playing since. This is the type of game (unlike Club Penguin, FusionFall, Toontown or League of Legends) that I actually have a connection with. I relate with the characters the people, the dialogue, the quests, everything!

Started strong and still going !

Defender
Nov 21, 2013
I remember most of those, but I won't pretend a lot of it is anything but vague at this point. I first started playing this game somewhere in early 2010, I believe.

Defender
Jan 01, 2009
I started playing in 2008. My grandson got me hooked on the game late that year and when I joined the swelling ranks of members, he discovered "GIRLS". And had no more time for silly wizards and their games. But I have been here since then. I have found some amazing friends in this spiral of worlds. A few flare intensely and sputter out, but some bond tightly and are still around today. I cherish each and every one. Even when we had differences on how things should be. Our common values bonded us together. To my little wizard sisters, "Namaste". I miss you and you all muchly. And when I do see one of them on the boards here, or in the game, it lights up my day.
There are still young wizards who need some help or a simple hand up. It appears I'm not nearly done with this fun and funny game.
Michael

Survivor
Jun 06, 2017
I joined back when 50 was the cap, but Celestia was on the horizon. I loved the game, and it lets me hang with friends without having to focus on all the stresses of the real world. I had my mom make me an account after I saw an ad on TV ages ago. This was back when you could still be told you couldn't log on because servers were too busy. I haven't heard of that from anyone happening recently.

I stayed because of the memories and the fun I have playing it to this day. This game will forever have a place in my

Survivor
May 11, 2015
I honestly miss the old days. I was talking to an in game friend about this and she remembers when mounts were allowed in Pet Pavilion which was a while ago. I accidentally deleted my Danger Hound that Wizard101 gave out in a code back in 2012. But it’s okay, life goes on!! :)

Madison FirePyre