Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

100% Gold pip chance

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 21, 2017
A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Perhaps you could elaborate...?

When you say 'silver' pips, do you mean regular (not power) pips?

What level are you, what gear are you wearing, did you change something recently, etc.

Alia Misthaven

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
I can try. Even though you might have 100% gold pips your gear might give you a free regular starting pip. Other than that I’m not sure as I can’t see your stats.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2017
I cant see a way to edit an update into the initial post so, anyway, day 2, yesterday, still getting random silver pips, starting to be a little frustrating.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
Your Power Pip chance depends on your gear, your level or your school.

Survivor
Jan 08, 2014
might be that such stats have a cap even though you can take them higher on the character sheet;

that is, after all, how critical works, isn't it?

Explorer
Jul 25, 2010
TheBadmagic on Oct 26, 2017 wrote:
I cant see a way to edit an update into the initial post so, anyway, day 2, yesterday, still getting random silver pips, starting to be a little frustrating.
long story short: If Power Pip chance < 100%, you can still get normal pips.

Only exceptions are wands and decks (high level only)
Low level wands may give you a normal pip at the start.
Some decks at the higher levels give you a normal pip at the start, added with a low level wand you'll be guaranteed 2 normal pips at the start.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2017
To clarify, for about 20 levels I had above 100% power/gold pip chance, about 112% through gear etc.

Around level 58/60 last week gear stopped giving the chance to power/gold pip and instead offered critical and block boosts.

Only recently with very careful changes to my gear between 70-74 I was able to balance it to attain a massive increase to critical and retain exactly 100% chance to power/gold pip.

As I say, my chance to get power/gold pips was exactly 100% from my level/gear etc and I was getting mostly standard/silver. Very specifically in some of the Zafaria areas.

Since then I upgraded my gear slightly to triple my existing critical and extend power/gold pips to 101% chance and being now in Avalon the problem has disappeared.

But I still see it as a strange issue and want the developers to know in case it happens to others, whether it was one of the items of gear mislabelled or an issue with Zafaria specifically I cant say but I'm leaning towards it being area specific issue because I was fine before Zafaria at 100%.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
TheBadmagic on Oct 28, 2017 wrote:
To clarify, for about 20 levels I had above 100% power/gold pip chance, about 112% through gear etc.

Around level 58/60 last week gear stopped giving the chance to power/gold pip and instead offered critical and block boosts.

Only recently with very careful changes to my gear between 70-74 I was able to balance it to attain a massive increase to critical and retain exactly 100% chance to power/gold pip.

As I say, my chance to get power/gold pips was exactly 100% from my level/gear etc and I was getting mostly standard/silver. Very specifically in some of the Zafaria areas.

Since then I upgraded my gear slightly to triple my existing critical and extend power/gold pips to 101% chance and being now in Avalon the problem has disappeared.

But I still see it as a strange issue and want the developers to know in case it happens to others, whether it was one of the items of gear mislabelled or an issue with Zafaria specifically I cant say but I'm leaning towards it being area specific issue because I was fine before Zafaria at 100%.
Thanks for explaining.

I'm not sure what the reason was for your pip chance to go down in Zafaria only, but maybe KI will take a look.

Alia Misthaven

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
for the longest time, i've had 100% or higher power pips and never once got a white pip. even now, the only white pip i get is the one my deck gives (so i start each battle with 5 pips, not 4).

not sure what level you are currently, but did you change your gear/pet/jewels recently?

also, since no one has mentioned it yet, i wonder if op is wearing gear with pip conversion stats. if that's the case, you'll get a random white pip every time a pip is 'conserved'.

other possibilities: empowerment aura grants you one white pip if you are hit with a spell rank 4 or above; if you're playing with other people, both empower and donate power give only white pips.

otherwise, good luck figuring this out.

-von