Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is polaris hard?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 14, 2012
So im almost done khrysalis and i just wanted to know if polaris is much harder, and if it is, what good death gear should i get to quest with, it would help a lot if someone replied to me! thanks :)
P.S.
i dont have very good death gear atm, if you could also tell me what is good for defeating morganthe! :D :) :(

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Compared to Khyrsalis, Polaris is very easy ... with two notable exceptions.

Baba Yaga is difficult to solo due to cheats and the fact that she summons three powerful minions.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?456307-Statue-of-a-Ghoul-A-Guide-to-Baba-Yaga

The other is Rasputin, the final boss. He has minions that punish you for healing, trapping, and using blades, plus a time limit that automatically kills you at round 30. Because of the cheats, there are very few wizards capable of doing this battle solo. With a coordinated team who follows the guide posted below, however, he is actually easy to defeat.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?455251-Hold-It!-A-Guide-to-the-Rasputin-Final-Battle

The good news is both of these bosses are still somewhat popular for farming, so you hopefully will find someone willing to go in with you.

Alia Misthaven

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Polaris is easier then Dragonspyre if you consider what you have to work with at each point! It is by far the easiest new world they have ever released!

Defender
Dec 26, 2016
Except for a few cheating bosses that requires you to change your entire battle strategy, Polaris is a surprisingly easy world. I only ever needed help for Baba Yaga and Rasputin, but everyone needs help with them.

For death gear, the Darkmoor gear is still great. You need to farm specifically for:

Death Lord's Veil of Woe

Death Lord's Cloak of Woe

Death Lord's Greaves of Woe

Lord of Death's Dragonstaff

These are all dropped by Malistare himself. In the same instance, Yevgeny Nightcreeper drops one of the best athames for wizards: Lord of Death's Razor.

Amulets, it's funny you should mention Morganthe because she also drops a good amulet for wizards as well, Shadow Queen's Grace. She also drops athames as well. The one for death wizards, Mercy of Shadow and Light, gives an extra damage point than Yevgeny's athame but it doesn't have incoming health boosts, only outgoing. I suggest this blade if you like being the healer.

Now for the ring, it's a bit of a toss up. You could either farm for Aphrodite II's ring in the Graveyard skeleton key room, Lord of Death's Coil or farm Gladiator Dimachares in the secret room in Mount Olympus for the Alpha and Omega Ring.The Alpha and Omega ring is slightly weaker in terms of damage but it has universal critical block rather than critical block in only life and myth.

Morganthe's boss battle isn't really something you can do by yourself, especially as a death wizard because the Death version of Morganthe removes prisms and places a DOT on herself, removing all traps. Get a full team of players (everyone farms her for the amulet, so it won't be hard to get one) and just do you...unless you is doing global spells. It triggers the Storm Morganthe's cheat.

Aaaaaaaaaand I think that's it. Good luck!