Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP match ups! Fix them!

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
I was starting PVP on my Ice right. First ranked match, up against a Warlord.

You don't want a Private who is still growing, doesn't have the top gear against a Warlord who has the top gear and experience.

When you sign up for a match, your opponent should be 10 levels within your level and 2 ranks within your rank. PVP will be fair then.

I've had this problem for a while, I scrape by sometimes. But you should look at the people who don't know what gear to get, what strategies to use etc. How hopeless would they be?

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
When you join 1v1, don't click the box that says "try all skill levels."

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Even if you do not check the box, if there is no one to match you with at your level you will eventually get an opponent higher or lower than yourself. I was trying to PvP last night and there was a grand total of 11 matches going, so the system just does not have anyone to choose from

It is a sad state of affairs :(

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Liam Swiftwalker on Oct 6, 2017 wrote:
I haven't. That's the problem lol. Getting very skilled opponents without wanting to try all skill levels.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Jasmine3429 on Oct 6, 2017 wrote:
Even if you do not check the box, if there is no one to match you with at your level you will eventually get an opponent higher or lower than yourself. I was trying to PvP last night and there was a grand total of 11 matches going, so the system just does not have anyone to choose from

It is a sad state of affairs :(
I tried to enter a quick match tournament the other day, and the system could not find any opponents. Something pretty wonky is going on with PvP, and I really wish KI would just shut it down, revamp it, then bring it back with a better, more balanced matching system. I vaguely recall being a level 10-15 balance private and being matched against a level 30-ish captain. You can imagine how well that went.

Explorer
Feb 23, 2012
its very frustrating, even having to waste your time trying to defeat them KNOWING YOU CAN'T!

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
They did the same thing to me. I was a private, who has no pvp'd in say 5 years. They through me in cold against a warlord and I went 2nd.. Really KI?? I'm a 1st age warlord. I'm not used to this stuff. They used to let us rank up with people our rank.. Not a warlord vs a private.. Come on now.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2017
Explorer
May 20, 2012
I think we should go back to the first age of pvp. So much better and fair.