Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

12-Month Membership

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 07, 2011
I have a question directed to the game developers and designers of the game,

Why do we have to pay 12-month memberships on both accounts if we want to transfers wizards/pirates from one account to another? I really cannot afford that much money and I have poured so much more than the worth of 12-month memberships ever since 2011. Can we please reason this out and lower the money amount?

Thank you.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
LegendSaab on Oct 2, 2017 wrote:
I have a question directed to the game developers and designers of the game,

Why do we have to pay 12-month memberships on both accounts if we want to transfers wizards/pirates from one account to another? I really cannot afford that much money and I have poured so much more than the worth of 12-month memberships ever since 2011. Can we please reason this out and lower the money amount?

Thank you.
This is not an intended feature of the game and is also labor intensive. By having such high requirements it cuts down on these requests and allow developers to develop the game instead of processing these requests. If both accounts are also 12 month members, there is a high likelyhood that both accounts are active vs. just moving one character to a different account and then removing the membership for the non-active account. Again, Professor Greyrose says this feature is a courtesy not a right. https://www.wizard101.com/forum/headmasters-announcements/can-i-transfer-a-character-between-accounts-16444

If you don't like the policy or do not meet the requirements another option is to create a new wizard. (While it is the long slow way, it is possible.) Sorry, I know that probably isn't the answer that you're looking for, but often economics and the bottom line are often the answer.

Good luck in the Spiral.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Take advantage of the current sale that's going on.

But to add, it would be interesting to see a deal coming up for those who play both Pirates and Wiz to have membership on both accounts at the same time without having to pay too much.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I think it is to keep people from "selling" their wizards.