Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is fishing any good?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 18, 2013
Survivor
Aug 05, 2010
From what i have heard, fishing can be very time consuming. But if you can get some of the good spells for it, it can be quite rewarding in worlds such as avalon and khrysalis. I personally have not invested my time in it because I focus more of my time on getting gear drops from certain bosses.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Reasons to go fishing:

1) You like collecting things.

2) You like chilling out along the water's edge, just casting that line and waiting...

3) You plan on crafting tapestries or mounts.

4) You like the idea of the Catch of the Day and finding surprise buried treasures in chests.

Reasons NOT to go fishing:

1) You plan to do a lot of gardening or pet training. (Fishing costs energy.)

2) You'd rather be questing, PVPing, farming dungeons or hanging with friends.

3) You are bored to tears at the thought of just standing around hoping for a particular fish to bite.

4) You can't afford to spend Crowns on fish tanks and don't want to craft them either.

Figure out which column you fall under and there's your answer.

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Freshta basically answered your question for you. She even made it more User Friendly to you :D

Personally, I've never tried it, nor will I ever will.

Other things are worth your energy, pun intended.

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
You forgot a couple of reasons. If you want to craft mega snacks for your pet, there are recipes for some mega snacks that require fish as reagents. If you are into house decorating, you might want fishtanks displaying your fish in your house. Sometimes, fishtanks can be caught while fishing, along with other surprise drops like pets and things to wear.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2011
I enjoy the fishing. It's a nice break from battling