Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is next?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 08, 2009

After going thought Mirage I have come to the concussion that Grandfather Spider is basically a deity of sorts. So far going through the entire wizard 101 storyline we have faced two main antagonists Malistaire and Morganthe. Malistaire a powerful necromancer driven mad with grief. Then we battled Morganthe who is the polar opposite of our character. She was a young prodigy much like our characters however she ended up walking down the path of shadows. Now we go from fighting her to battling the wizard 101 equivalent of Cthulhu from the world of H.P.Lovecraft. That is a very large step up which leads to my question. What is next? After KingsIsle compleats this story arc, what could we possibly face that could be more powerful than a deity or titan? Now I love the characters and the storyline is very well written but that leaves me with one question if we ever defeat Grandfather Spider, what next?

I do have a few ideas but all of them end the storyline there.

My first one is our character proforms the hero sacrifice in order to stop Grandfather Spider or Grandmother raven. Then spiral lives on and it's a happy ending of a true hero and in one final climatic we see a memorial to our character who gave his/her life so others may live on.

The one next is that we defeat Grandfather Spider but our character has already faced so much evil along with the fact that he is tainted by shadow magic so we become the next antagonist. They say that if you go too far into the ever corrupting, evil abyss, no matter how pure of heart one may be, they will never come out unscathed.

As this point, I don't believe our wizard having to go through his/her adventure, facing all of this evil can have a truly happy ending. At least not one where they live on as if nothing had ever happen. .

I also have an idea for the shadow school as an unlockable class so I will post that in just a little while.

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
Aganos32 on Sep 20, 2017 wrote:

After going thought Mirage I have come to the concussion that Grandfather Spider is basically a deity of sorts. So far going through the entire wizard 101 storyline we have faced two main antagonists Malistaire and Morganthe. Malistaire a powerful necromancer driven mad with grief. Then we battled Morganthe who is the polar opposite of our character. She was a young prodigy much like our characters however she ended up walking down the path of shadows. Now we go from fighting her to battling the wizard 101 equivalent of Cthulhu from the world of H.P.Lovecraft. That is a very large step up which leads to my question. What is next? After KingsIsle compleats this story arc, what could we possibly face that could be more powerful than a deity or titan? Now I love the characters and the storyline is very well written but that leaves me with one question if we ever defeat Grandfather Spider, what next?

I do have a few ideas but all of them end the storyline there.

My first one is our character proforms the hero sacrifice in order to stop Grandfather Spider or Grandmother raven. Then spiral lives on and it's a happy ending of a true hero and in one final climatic we see a memorial to our character who gave his/her life so others may live on.

The one next is that we defeat Grandfather Spider but our character has already faced so much evil along with the fact that he is tainted by shadow magic so we become the next antagonist. They say that if you go too far into the ever corrupting, evil abyss, no matter how pure of heart one may be, they will never come out unscathed.

As this point, I don't believe our wizard having to go through his/her adventure, facing all of this evil can have a truly happy ending. At least not one where they live on as if nothing had ever happen. .

I also have an idea for the shadow school as an unlockable class so I will post that in just a little while.
Lol I don't have the link, but back when Celestia came out, Kingsisle released a press statement that said that what happens at the end of the second arc will affect what we do in the arcs after that...

I don't think we'll ever defeat Grandfather Spider, as the fight in Mirage was obviously a mock battle just so he could kidnap Mellori. I think he's too powerful, and if he ever reclaims his Chaos Heart, I don't think we'll stand a chance. Fitzhume also said he couldn't imagine us fighting Cob either...

I think that the 4th arc may revolve around the Cabal or the mysterious Creator that we know almost nothing about.