Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Schools in "real life" characters

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 06, 2017
What would you think each school would be in real life/rpg class? How would they fight

Fire- because of Dots and high damage, i think we talk about a passionate man. In rpg could be a barbarian
Ice-patient and solid person. Tank
Storm- chaotic person. Damage dealer/glass cannon, maybe some kind of archer

Balance-a person focused in equality. Dunno, some knight with debuffs, maybe

Death, probably a cunning person. Well thats necromancer in every game.
Life- helping person. He is closer to paladin, than priest, but healer anyway
Myth- well myth is the most normal class, he "summons" just animal fighters with big swords or something, or does direct hits. So warrior. He pretty much is the closest to normal person.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
as a tabletop rpg player, here are the ones i can think of atm:

storm: berserker
fire: archer/ranger
myth: summoner
death: necromancer
life: cleric
balance: monk
ice: paladin

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
Dr Von on Sep 16, 2017 wrote:

If Death would be called a necromancer, then I think it'd make more sense to call the fire class "Pyromancers" rather than an archer.

If we're trying to avoid calling them by their secondary names, how about calling the Death class "warlocks"

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
To me, Myth would be artisan class.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
"Real Life." I'm gonna go with the sciences for this, just having some fun.

Fire - Thermochemist. The study of heat energy and phase change. Burning, melting and boiling are all ways to release energy and transform matter.

Storm - Nuclear Physicist. The science of releasing energy by fusing atoms together. Really dangerous, but the power is tremendous.

Ice - Hydrologist. The science of water, pressure and energy flow. Remove enough energy and everything freezes; add enough energy and everything boils over.

Balance - Archaeologist. The study and understanding of past cultures through the artifacts they leave behind. As a 'science,' archaeology employs chemistry, physics, geology, biology, botany, entomology, anthropology, etc in interpreting evidence from past societies. It is a fusion of all the sciences, all equally 'balanced' in what they offer to the archaeologist.

Life - Physiologist. In order to heal, you have to know exactly how everything in the body works together. (Of course, you can also use that knowledge to kill a living creature....)

Death - Forensic Taphonomist. The study of death and decay, applied to modern legal cases. They look at all that remains in a grave and can tell you why it ended up that way: what happened and when, was it human activity, an animal, or a natural process...

Myth - Paleontologist. They study fossils, the remains of creatures that lived eons ago, and use that knowledge to tell the story of life on earth.

I tried to avoid basic 'biology, chemistry, etc' in favor of delving deeper into what the schools are known to do and how they might apply to our modern world in terms of science.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Sep 06, 2017
Dr Von on Sep 16, 2017 wrote:

on myth..technically they are all summoners

Explorer
Jan 24, 2010
I think it's hard to label each individual school into dungeons and dragons classes. I'll give it a go though

Support classes:

-cleric

-Bard? (because they have a lot of buffs)

Fighting classes:

-fighter/berserker

-I kind of think of it as a thief because they're squishy, fast hitting, and their ot attacks are kind of like poison

Other classes:

-Probably the most authentic to the mage class

-It's kind of like an evil wizard/cleric but also a theif because of their debuffs

-Paladin kind of, although they can do damage too