Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Favorite and Least Favorite World?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jul 05, 2014
Hi guys! Which world(s) do you guys like the best, and which world(s) do you guys not like at all? Also, if you could put your reason, that'd be nice! My favorite world would probably be Dragonspyre, Celestia, or Avalon. I think that Dragonspyre is actually really fun, and I love the end battle dungeon with Malistaire. I also love the theme of Celestia, and think it's really cool how there's a whole new arc. I love Avalon cause of the theme, and I love the end dungeon where you turn into Gamma and actually travel back in time! My least favorite is Azteca by far. I'm actually currently in Azteca, but I don't like it because there are so many boss fights! I thought I'd make this to see everyone's different opinion. Thanks for reading this!

Katie Watergem (level 85)

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
FunWizzygirl100 on Sep 13, 2017 wrote:
Hi guys! Which world(s) do you guys like the best, and which world(s) do you guys not like at all? Also, if you could put your reason, that'd be nice! My favorite world would probably be Dragonspyre, Celestia, or Avalon. I think that Dragonspyre is actually really fun, and I love the end battle dungeon with Malistaire. I also love the theme of Celestia, and think it's really cool how there's a whole new arc. I love Avalon cause of the theme, and I love the end dungeon where you turn into Gamma and actually travel back in time! My least favorite is Azteca by far. I'm actually currently in Azteca, but I don't like it because there are so many boss fights! I thought I'd make this to see everyone's different opinion. Thanks for reading this!

Favorite is Khrysalis. The build up in Azteca was so good, so finally getting to Khrysalis was so exciting. The story was fast paced and thrilling, and it had a sense of movement- that is, you constantly move closer and closer to Morganthe as you fight her warlords and weaken her grasp on the world.

Least favorite is Polaris. That world had such a bad storyline and length compared to Khrysalis, and going through it just made me want to quit the game because I hate that world so much. Mirage was much better, but it isn't fun anymore because of the January nerf.

Defender
Dec 26, 2016
My ranking of all the worlds:

1. Polaris (beautiful surroundings, amazing music, good story line, and has Ivan the Great)
2. Mirage (same as above; Ozzy is probably the best NPC in the whole game)
3. Avalon (thought it was a nice look back on Ambrose's and Morganthe's pasts, and some lines were hilarious)
4. Khyrsalis (good soundtrack, the climax dragged out for a bit too long I mean what was the time gap between Xibalba and beginning of Khyrsalis, why wasn't the Spiral gone yet was Morganthe just waiting or something)
5. Celestia (great music but I eventually forgot the story line after The Grotto)
6. Mooshu (I love Asian culture but death shield spamming life enemies ruined the experience for me)
7. Marleybone (Love the aesthetics, but waaaaaay too short)
8. Grizzleheim (Good story, music is kinda blah)
9. Zafaria (The music is okay but I felt like the world was kinda blah)
10. Azteca (The place is great until Xibalba, now I just feel bad every time I go back there for whatever reason. Also it feels like the enemies are harder than Polaris and Khrysalis?)
11. Krokotopia (Meh)
12. Wintertusk (Tower shield spamming bosses pls stop)
13. Wizard City (Gets boring the 50th time around)
14. Wysteria (Boring, everyone is a snob)
15. Dragonspyre (Too long and it's too dark and gritty for my liking)

So in conclusion, Polaris is my favorite world and Dragonspyre is my least favorite

Amber Dreamflower 120
Amber Frostflower 55
Mindy Rainflower 5

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009

A lot of my opinions are based on my perceptions when I first went thru each world. In most cases, I went through all the worlds before they were nerfed so what I remember about them doesn't necessarily reflect how they are now. That said...

Least favorites:
1) Marleybone - Dark, depressing, all that running back and forth across rooftops while dodging super SPEEDY mobs that loved to drag me into battles. In 2009, we didn't have mounts, you see. And the clockworks sprinted. Freakishly fast. Big Ben had way more levels than it does now.

2) Dragonspyre - Dark and depressing, with looong gauntlets that took forever to get through and with no dungeon recall. Also, no mounts back then. All the running back and forth on foot.

3) Celestia - I really do like the Floating Lands but otherwise, the story and the crabs just drive me crazy. By the time I reach the Crustacean Empire I'm ready to pull the plug and drown them all ... except they're already under water.

4) Azteca - Scenery was great but too many bosses with extremely high health meant battles routinely dragging out 30 minutes or longer. It took forever to get through that world.

5) Khrysalis - same as Azteca in that the scenery and story are fantastic, but there are too many huge health boss fights and too much running back and forth.

Most favorites:
1) Mooshu - a breath of beauty and fresh air in between the few I hate most.

2) Avalon - same as Mooshu. It's lovely, the crafting was great, good story.

3) Grizzleheim/Wintertusk. Love Grizz scenery, loved Wintertusk story & gear.

4) Polaris - the scenery is amazing, world is short and cool. Literally!

5) Mirage - beautiful music and the NPCs are just soooo lively! Funny! Delightful.

Alia Misthaven

Defender
Nov 24, 2012

Favorite worlds:

MooShu - MooShu holds a special place in my heart. I know that probably sounds weird but it's true. This is do to the events that were taking place in my personal life during MooShu. Everytime I visit MooShu, I get a sense of nostalgia.

Grizzleheim & Wintertusk - This place also hold a special place in my heart. I like the graphics in this world and the battles. This place reminds me of farming—farming for gold, fish, and reagents. This place also reminds me of house decorating and crafting, which I like.

Mirage - I love this world. This is the one world that got me interested in the storyline. I skipped most of the dialogue in all the worlds as I did not find the storyline interesting. Mirage completely changed that, however. I laughed plenty of times throughout this world, and I enjoyed the challenge Mirage provided.

Azteca - I like the literal nature of Azteca. There is a lot of green in this world, and all the battles were enjoyable.

Polaris - Polaris has stunning graphics—though its storyline wasn't very intriguing. Some parts were interesting and others weren't. The battles here were also enjoyable.

Least favorite worlds:

Marleybone - Oh boy. The infamous Marleybone. I agree with Freshta; this world is indeed depressing. I will say, however, that I like the city of Marleybone. I would consider living here if it existed in real life—not because it's depressing, but rather because it actually seems like a nice, quiet city to live in. I also hate the fact that I got pulled into many mob fights in this world. This often caused me to flee, for I did not wish to fight such mobs. That then lead me to walk (as I did not have a mount) all the way to the place I was going to. I also hated all the mini towers in this game, including Big Ben. I finished Big Ben with only one friend with the same level as I. And let me tell you it was not fun. P.S. I cried a little when I let that mime out off his jail cell. Anyone else?

Zafaria

Wysteria

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Hmmm

Having only made it as far as Marleybone back in 2010 before I stopped playing and am currently about 2/3 done with Zafaria, I feel I cannot comment adequately on most favorite/least favorite.

That said, least favorite: Wysteria, the whole storyline felt like a BIG waste of time. I REALLY hated Marleybone back in 2010 as there was NO "sidewalk". You had to time your run through the mob and hope and pray you were timing it right or you'd get sucked into a mob battle. I was averaging about 2-3 mob battles on my way to the next quest station.

Most favorite: (Can I cheat just a bit?) Cool Ranch in P101. I absolutely LOVE the send-ups of the American West (historical and cinematic). When oh when will my Wizard get to visit this world of the spiral?

Steven Ghoststalker

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
"Can't pick just one" -- I would rather give my very generalized thoughts on each world.

Wizard City -- fun but scary. Why scary? I was new and always being piled with more than I could handle. Either I was being pulled into battles because the streets were so narrow and curvy, or people mobbed my battles when I was barely hanging on, and got me killed. It was a source of constant stress. If I wasn't looking for an outlet for fun and if I didn't think it would improve, I would have quit then. Also, Sunken City is WAY too hard at those levels.

Krokotopia -- A nice change of pace and happy to be out of Wizard City. But like Sunken City the scenes were often too dark, literally. I was not always able to see. Everything seemed to be fire or ice. It also seemed to go on forever. I was eager to see more of the spiral, so it would be nice if the 2nd world were a lot shorter, to give a feeling of momentum.

Marleybone -- I liked it because I like Victorian things and I like dogs. It was a little different in that it wasn't just about enemies. There was a sense of a world and characters. I didn't mind the streets, I felt it was fairly easy not to be pulled.

Mooshoo -- Gorgeous, and I loved the music. Very soothing. The story was imaginative. This world made sense to me.

Dragonspyre -- really hated it, enough said. Hated in every way. Sorry.

Celestia -- also disliked a lot. Nothing pretty to look at until under water, and then, the enemies were frustrating and it was too easy to get pulled.

Zafaria -- a bit boring, but OK. Got through it as fast as possible. Too many repetitive enemies and collection quests.

Wysteria and Grizzleheim -- Wysteria had too many collection quests, repeat street battles, ugh. Characters were funny though. I liked zooming around its streets. Grizzle -- why was there a 2nd part in winter? Lol Thought I was done. I liked Grandma Raven.

Avalon -- fun, but again some repetition.

Azteca and Khrysalis -- engaging & beautiful.

Dislike collection quests.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
My top 3 favorite:
1. Mirage ( everything is perfect in this world, the music, great storyline, well-written dialogue, beautiful scenery & amazing NPCs; except for Ozzy. For me Ozzy was a waste and a pain, sorry if this offends you, but this the way I saw him. )
2. Zafaria ( Not so great on storyline "why am I here? Oh yeah, Morganth.", again, as in Mirage, wonderful music, and I loved the look of the creatures. Seriously, I want this world in Pirate101. )
3. Avalon ( Middle Ages, fantasy world, good music, & horrible bosses * cough * Jabberwock. )
Least favorites:
1. Khrysalis;( the first part, once I got to the beach things got much better. )
2. Dragonspyre ( horrible music, too much red [ hurt my eyes ], Crystal Grove was so difficult to navigate. )

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
I'm probably in the really small minority, but I REALLY enjoyed Dragonspyre, I LOVED playing through it, and the final dungeon with Malistare was just amazing. I'm almost done with Azteca and I have to say, it had some amazing scenery and some interesting locations and NPC's. My only complaints are that some areas are dragged on for SO long and all of the bosses have insanely high health, making boss fights take a long time. I also liked Zafaria, a nice looking and pretty short world, which I liked. Krokotopia is also pretty cool.

Now for the least favorites: CELESTIA. You have no idea how much I hated being in Celestia, I have never been more bored playing a game in my life. The scenery was very uninteresting and the story wasn't very interesting either. Fighting just felt like a chore. I guess Marleybone wasn't that fun either, but I was no where near as bored with Marleybone as I was with Celestia.

Defender
Apr 18, 2014
Since I'm a lover of Mythology across different cultures, I liked Aquila and Grizzleheim-Wintertusk. Aquila's graphics were very intriguing, and I also enjoyed the scenery in GH and WT. Also, I enjoy the music that plays in these three worlds, especially Wintertusk. I'd be down to download a soundtrack for Wintertusk.

My least favorite world is probably Khrysalis, but only because of the long length. Another thing I really hate about Khrysalis is the beginning. In my opinion this part of Khrysalis needs to be nerfed.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
favourite: dragonspyre
2) avalon
3) azteca

least favourite: mooshu
2) khrysalis
3) celestia

i wanted to love celestia; steampunk is awesome. but the world itself just fell so short, on every possible level.

another world i wanted to love was darkmoor: its story, art, music, etc. is so beautiful... but oh god, the cheats; the team-up fails; the stress and soul-sucking disappointment...

apologies to my undead husband *giggle*, but even he couldn't redeem this one for me.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Loved the dinosaurs in Azteca. I was running out of space so I couldn't give much room to the later worlds in my last post. Lol

Who doesn't love dinosaurs. I've been fascinated by them since I was a small child. So seeing them walk around and being able to interact with them made me all kinds of happy.

I notice I tend to prefer the outdoor worlds. I'm already stuck indoors playing the game, so, I like seeing some scenery :)

Avalon, I mainly liked for its humor and/or rock and roll music references (Page Jimmy? Abbey Road? Lol) I do love costume dramas and history so of course I also appreciated the ancient milieu. I just wish there weren't as many street battles, or collection quests.

There was one world in which I kept being pulled every time I had to go through this rocky area with tons of storm enemies. It was so aggravating.

While I'm on the word aggravating: I'd help people with Sunken City every day (I know how hard it was to get helpers), except that so many ignore my warning not to race ahead, or to let only one person be the 'runner' and everyone else port to them, and then one to all three get pulled into street battles accidentally and PM me "help! I'm dying!" sigh. With some teamwork it's not as bad but, getting a brand new stranger/quest mate to do teamwork? Does not always happen.

Please fix Sunken City, put some lamps in those tricky sidewalk corners, widen the sidewalks, something. Getting pulled there even annoys the max -- I had more than one max get pulled trying to help me, even, and then leave the dungeon :( It was horrible trying to finish that thing.

Celestia -- maybe make it shorter, because as someone else said, the storyline and the visuals were not very exciting.

Upvoting everyone bc opinions = all valid.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
1. Zafaria

2. Khrysalis
3. Avalon
4. Celestia
5. Polaris
6. Azteca
7. Dragonspyre
8. Wizard City but honestly don't really know
9. Krokotopia
10. Mirage
11. Marleybone
12. Mooshu

13. Wysteria
14. Grizzleheim

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Favorite:

Khrysalis- It was pretty long but everything was worth it, mainly because I was questing with my Best Friend. Doesn't seem like much but questing with him means a lot. I liked the story of Khrysalis as well, plus you get Shadow Magic.

Zafaria- I met my Best friend here, so that's one reason why. It was also really unique and I liked the music a lot.

Least Favorite:

Marleybone- Where are them sidewalks?

Azteca- So many boss fights. T.T Also, Saltmeadow Swamp. No one knows the pain I went through trying to not get pulled by the Monkeys.

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
My favorite by far is polaris because you level up fast, and I also like the theme and the world itself. The penguins and their accents are so darn cute.

Least favorite is AVALON and MARLYBONE!
They took so long and I hate the look of marlybone as well. No way am I wanting to do that again.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
I can't really tell my opinion for a lot of the worlds except for the first ones. I took a break from playing when I was younger and only got to Marleybone but now I've started playing again. I just got to Marleybone with my new character, but with the worlds I've completed so far I would rank them like this:

1) Grizzleheim: I loved the area, it was so pretty and relaxing. I also loved the bears, they were so amazing looking. The fights were good and there weren't too many bosses.

2) Krokotopia: The area was not as amazing as Grizzleheim but was definitely nice. I got tired of the same boring colors being used and the amount of times monsters used weakness on me was a bit annoying as well.

3) Wizard City: Not a bad place to start off but I was annoyed with all of the tutorials popping up CONSTANTLY. It was also a pain that not everything "town-like" was in the same area. The shopping district was separate from the main area. It was also annoying having to go all the way to Old Town just to go to the street you needed to go to. The area did get boring kind of quickly but the underwater area was definitely a breath of fresh air... Or should I say water?

4) Wysteria: Honestly I really hated this place, but liked it at the same time. It was pretty and colorful but I really thought the whole place was pretty pointless. I guess it makes sense to want to win the Spiral Cup but with everything that's going on why would we stop just to try to win?

5) Marleybone: Oh the infamous Marleybone... I hated it for it's depressing gloomy feeling and the fact that it was so easy to get pulled into a fight. I do like the way the shops are set up and how the main city area was small so you could easily go into a store before moving on to where you needed to go.

And that's as far as I've gotten.. I can't wait to go see the other worlds though, they seem like so much fun.

Signed,

Iridian Ghoststalker lvl 34

Survivor
May 07, 2009
Now, I haven't finished the game yet completely, so this will probably change soon, but for now, these are my favorites and least favorites.

Favorites, from most favorite to least favorite:
Dragonspye - Maybe it's just because this world came after Mooshu, but I adored it. This seems to be a less popular world, but I love the darker tone of it; plus, I remember feeling powerful and excited to finally fight Malistaire and finish the First Arc. It was a fitting end.

Marleybone - Another world that not too many people seem to like but I personally like the gloomy aesthetic of it; yeah, getting pulled was annoying but after revisting it it doesn't seem to be too common. Unless they recently changed it and I haven't noticed. I really loved the dungeons here and younger me really loved how it was a bit darker then Krockotopia. Plus, the music's great.

Wizard City - Ah yes, the very first world. The pure reason it's my third favorite is because I remember how magical it felt when I was younger; I was a wizard, I was gonna save the Spiral and be a hero. Looking back on it now, the stories a tad weak and it drags on in some parts, but I will never forget how it felt first stepping into The Commons all those years ago.

Least Favorites, from least awful to most awful:
Mooshu - Before I hit the second arc, this was my least favorite world. It's just completely forgettable; it dragged on and I remember being completely bored through out the entire world. When I thought I was done, what do you know? I'm only half way through. There's a good reason this was where I took a hiatus.

Celestia - Just like Mooshu, this place is boring and forgettable; not to mention, it felt like filler. Truth be told, by the time I was done I had completely forgotten why I was there in the first place. At least the music's nice.

Zafaria - I hate Zafaria. I hate it so much. It's like Celestia but all the problems are doubled. Nothing else to say; also the sky is way too bright.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
A main theme *seems to be* that some of the worlds are just too long.

Maybe they could be split up and we could come back to them as part 2 later instead. Or future worlds could be that way? It gives more of a feeling of forward momentum maybe.

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
SparkleTude on Sep 21, 2017 wrote:
A main theme *seems to be* that some of the worlds are just too long.

Maybe they could be split up and we could come back to them as part 2 later instead. Or future worlds could be that way? It gives more of a feeling of forward momentum maybe.
If a world is too long, then it's too short. I personally prefer longer worlds. What do people even do when they finish a world? Stand around in The Commons?

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Angel of Solitude on Sep 21, 2017 wrote:
If a world is too long, then it's too short. I personally prefer longer worlds. What do people even do when they finish a world? Stand around in The Commons?
Not sure if your questions were facetious but: There are many other things to do after finishing a world.

Such as:

Go back to real life for a while.

Sleep.

Eat.

Rinse, repeat the above.

Go on to the next world in the game.
Fish.

Shop.

Decorate houses.

Sort your banks and backpack(s).

Sell and buy in the Bazaar.
Craft.
Fish.
PVP.
PVE.

Etc., etc.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
My favorites are Avalon, Polaris, and Wysteria. I don't really have any reason for this, I just like the feel and style of those worlds. My least favorites are Mooshu and Dragonspyre. I dislike them for the same reasons I like my favorites; just the feel of the worlds to me.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
Least favorite so far:

Dragonspyre- although some really cool graphics.

Most favorite world so far:

Polaris (graphics only) (storyline too short)
Mirage.

Game just keeps getting better and better as they get older.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
SparkleTude on Sep 22, 2017 wrote:
Not sure if your questions were facetious but: There are many other things to do after finishing a world.

Such as:

Go back to real life for a while.

Sleep.

Eat.

Rinse, repeat the above.

Go on to the next world in the game.
Fish.

Shop.

Decorate houses.

Sort your banks and backpack(s).

Sell and buy in the Bazaar.
Craft.
Fish.
PVP.
PVE.

Etc., etc.
"Go back to the "real" world"

Why?

Steven Ghoststalker

Explorer
Dec 31, 2015
List of my favorite worlds: (top most favorite bottom least) Darkmoor ,Dragonspyre , Krokatopia , Aquila , Khryalis , mooshu , grizzleheim. (to hard of a world)

Survivor
Oct 20, 2012
Keep in mind that I am a level 87 Wizard, so Azteca and above won't be judged.

I'll be honest: My favorite world is Zafaria. This world gets so much hate and I don't know why. I really love the Africa theme and all of the animals. It's just such a nice world.

My least favorite world, I'd have to say is Mooshu. I love peace and nature, but for some reason this world just doesn't excite me.