Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sun Cards from Celestia

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 19, 2016
I added a Giant to my Scarecrow and only got +83 damage when on the card it states +125 damage. I believe all the sun cards are like that. I don't understand the mathematics behind this. Could someone please explain? Thanks.

Defender
Dec 26, 2016
Scarecrow is a drain spell, which gives half of its damage to the caster as a heal. Because of this, 2/3 of the enchant goes to the damage and the other 1/3 goes to the heal.

It's like this for all drain spells, and DOE spells as well I think (except I think it's divided a bit differently), but normal spells like Skeletal Pirate or Winged Sorrow enchant normally.

Amber Dreamflower 120
Amber Frostflower 52
Mindy Rainflower 5

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
For some reason all of Death's drain spells don't take the full damage enchantment promised on the sun cards. I'm not sure what the reason could possibly be, but Death is definitely the only school that suffers this handicap.

Alia Misthaven, 120
Fallon Raven, 77

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Because Scarecrow is a drain spell, part of the enchant goes to the damage and part to the heal

Defender
Jun 08, 2011
That is because Scarecrow is a drain attack, not a regular one. Because drains return health to the caster based on the damage they inflict, the enchantment cards which enhance damage provide less of a boost to them. I think it was 2/3rds, not absolutely sure. There was a great deal of discussion about it when Celestia first opened.

Explorer
Sep 19, 2016
Thanks everyone. I understand. Although I would rather see the attack @ +125 instead of being split. Thanks again people.