Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Badge Rewards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 19, 2009
Good day everyone,

I'd like to make a suggestion, if I may. From what I know, aside Tabbi General badge, we don't really get any reward by completing a badge. I know there's monstrology, but not all badges are applicable to the listed monsters.

The rewards should very in order of complexity. Anyhow, just an idea... let me know what you guys think!

Have fun

Defender
Apr 18, 2014
I honestly never thought about this until I stumbled upon this post. While it would be interesting to get rewards from completing badges, if we were to get furniture/housing items, it would start to stack up. For the Tabbi General badge, getting a mount in return was a good exchange.

Survivor
Aug 19, 2009
Uh huh the choice of rewards is the tricky part. The goal would be to encourage higher level to come back to previous worlds, hence also helping lower levels to level up.

I don't know, but higher levels is good for business, hey?

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
Huh, I never thought about that before. It would be kinda nice to get an actual reward for completing some of the ridiculous tasks badges ask you to get, instead of just some lame title underneath your name.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
I may be in the minority, but I enjoy completing a badge just to have it in my collection. It's probably the anal-retentive OCD completest in me that just cannot stand seeing empty slots in my collected badges pages.

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Aug 19, 2009
Oh I totally get you, me too, and this is why I thought of this. I love completing my badges, but I started to lose my motivation when I saw I needed to kill 100 monsters to get a badge.

Easy to complete badges should have a small reward (reagents, gold, etc.), but badges that require a lot of time should have a good reward (20 crowns (not 10, we can watch ads for that or play mini games), rare reagent (e. i. amber), low cost shop items, etc.)

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Well maybe new badges going forward because those of us who already have every in game badge would not retroactively get the rewards, although I did not complete them for rewards, just to have them so not really sure it matters, but I could see people being upset about it.

Survivor
Aug 19, 2009
Hey maybe they could grant us some exp for completing badges? (along with other rewards, of course ;) )