Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"Sorry, your friend is busy right now."

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 13, 2011
This title is probably one of the most annoying messages you see in Wizard101. It must be really annoying to get kicked out of a dungeon near the end and not be able to re-enter. I understand you do not like "speed-leveling". But please do not make most dungeons "non-port". It slows down the process of the game and makes the experience worse for all of us.

Please find a solution to this!

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
If you end up dying in a dungeon or porting out for whatever reason, don't most dungeons have dungeon recall? I can't say I've ever been flat out kicked from a dungeon in the middle unless I switched realms. I thought as long as you stayed in the same realm and didn't walk out through the entrance, you could almost always port back in with dungeon recall.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
This doesn't generally happen unless you've been in a dungeon for a VERY long time. I actually tried staying in a dungeon once since I played in the morning before school but didn't have time to finish. I used a large marble to keep my keyboard moving so I would not get disconnected from the game. When I got home I noticed using the marble had worked! Before the last boss battle in the dungeon I noticed I was almost out of health and didn't have any potions. I thought the dungeon would still work if I teleported out and back in once I had full health. I was wrong. I ended up having to do the entire dungeon all over again. So really, you should be completely kicked from a dungeon unless you stay inside for too long.

I think the "Your friend is busy." is a good thing to keep as a function in the game. I just think that it should not be removed because it keeps people from speed leveling. I do think they should allow people to teleport to friends if you both are in the dungeon, so low level characters can't cheat and hop into a high level dungeon.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2014
Please don't change the non porting into certain dungeons. If possible, make all of them non-port if the player's character hasn't unlocked the world being port into.

The OP claim that this "makes the experience worse for all of us" is far from the truth. Leave it as is.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
It is better to have porting access into a dungeon. Just don't allow those who haven't unlocked the dungeon yet to port in. I am sick of redoing dungeons because my game crashes or disconnects and I can't port back to a friend.
Imagine being at Malistaire in Darkmoor. You get there and your game crashes. You log back in, and dungeon recall is gone. The game thinks you logged out. So you have to redo the dungeon all over again.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
"sorry, your friend is busy right now" is so annoying. Isn't one of a reason why there's a friend list; to help others in need? People solo non-port dungeons believing they can win but there's times when battles go wrong and help is needed How can you get help when no one is allowed to port to you. Who wants to face defeat and spend more game time to do that battle over when you have a friend's list. I feel this is a contradiction.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I don't mind being unable to port into a dungeon.
As a player in the dungeon I like this because if I'm on visible status, and I have port enabled for some reason, I tend to get random "oh hi!" surprise drop in porters. This is aggravating because it can add more enemies at the wrong time. Sometimes they are not of a level that they can compete in that battle. So now I have to deal with more.
To me it's peaceful knowing no one's gonna bother me while I am in there.

We're not all sociable with strangers and some of us like to have a plan ahead of time on soloing or questing and who with.

But the outgoing message might be different. "Your friend is busy right now" doesn't tell us much. Maybe that's the idea of it. But it would be nice if it said "Your friend is training a pet" or "Your friend is in a no port dungeon." That way people wouldn't feel like they got a busy signal without knowing why. The small bit of info would be more like a voice mail :)

It might be a compromise if KI allowed players to reach out for help at certain points in certain dungeons, but not allow people to port in without being invited first. That way -- peace and quiet, no drop in trolling allowed; and people can still get help and not die.
Of course with some planning, people can put together a team before going into the dungeon to begin with!

Oh and I wish the dungeons would tell us up front if they will allow porting or not. I can't remember all the details about all the battles and dungeons in the game, and I don't always want to look them up online before beginning.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
SAR28 on Sep 10, 2017 wrote:
It is better to have porting access into a dungeon. Just don't allow those who haven't unlocked the dungeon yet to port in. I am sick of redoing dungeons because my game crashes or disconnects and I can't port back to a friend.
Imagine being at Malistaire in Darkmoor. You get there and your game crashes. You log back in, and dungeon recall is gone. The game thinks you logged out. So you have to redo the dungeon all over again.
Maybe it could be changed so that if you have already been in the dungeon, you can return.

I'm wondering now if dungeons were made no port because some people were trolling them -- either porting in without asking first, and causing trouble or adding enemies; or some team members porting friends in who misbehaved, but the team members all denied being the one who ported them in.

There has to be some reason why it is this way.

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
In a situation like that, maybe a message can be sent to the person you're trying to port to, and it say something like "Your friend would like to teleport to you. Is this okay?" Maybe something like that, idk

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
chocoluver18 on Sep 22, 2017 wrote:
In a situation like that, maybe a message can be sent to the person you're trying to port to, and it say something like "Your friend would like to teleport to you. Is this okay?" Maybe something like that, idk
Yes, that will work

Delver
Jul 17, 2009
I would love it if friends can port to you in dungeons to help out. I have been in dungeons on my own and would have loved it when a friend comes on and can play.
Maybe they can do this- if they are in your group they can port to you in a dungeon. But only if they are in your group and the dungeon is not full. I feel this would make both sides happy. It would prevent random pop in hello's, while allowing your questing buddies a way in to help.