Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Trolls (rude people) in the game

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 09, 2009
I was gaming with my family tonight doing the daily quests like we always do when some kid (I assume he was a kid because of the way he was talking to me) who's way lower level than me, he's level 34 ice and I'm level 64 ice started harassing me about my DPS and basically making fun of me because I don't have great DPS which I honestly don't care about since I only game for fun. Well I told him "I honestly don't care I'm just playing because I enjoy the game" and he kept pestering me and even tried to include my family in with the harassment. Well, it kept going so I finally reported him but I doubt anything will be done since he wasn't swearing at me. He kept saying things like "Hey everyone Alyssa Iceflower is gonna be on Youtube" and laughing about my DPS saying rude things about my character in the game. Tried to get others to say things including my family but my family simply told him "you do know she can report you right?" and he laughed about it. I was so annoyed, I was enjoying the game with my family then had to deal with this punk who thinks he's better than anyone else. Where do these kids learn their manners? I told him to mind his own business and just let me enjoy the game and leave me alone but he kept following me around so I had to switch realms. I still remember that kid's name in the game. Have any of you dealt with trolls in the game too? What happened to you and how did you handle it?

Alyssa IceFlower Ice Level 64
Sabrina BlueEyes Balance Level 32

Sierra DreamHeart Fire Level 26
Autumn Flower Life Level 26
Moira NightShade Death Level 22
Calamity StormCloud Storm Level 21

Explorer
Sep 19, 2016
SnoogyAlyssa on Sep 7, 2017 wrote:
I was gaming with my family tonight doing the daily quests like we always do when some kid (I assume he was a kid because of the way he was talking to me) who's way lower level than me, he's level 34 ice and I'm level 64 ice started harassing me about my DPS and basically making fun of me because I don't have great DPS which I honestly don't care about since I only game for fun. Well I told him "I honestly don't care I'm just playing because I enjoy the game" and he kept pestering me and even tried to include my family in with the harassment. Well, it kept going so I finally reported him but I doubt anything will be done since he wasn't swearing at me. He kept saying things like "Hey everyone Alyssa Iceflower is gonna be on Youtube" and laughing about my DPS saying rude things about my character in the game. Tried to get others to say things including my family but my family simply told him "you do know she can report you right?" and he laughed about it. I was so annoyed, I was enjoying the game with my family then had to deal with this punk who thinks he's better than anyone else. Where do these kids learn their manners? I told him to mind his own business and just let me enjoy the game and leave me alone but he kept following me around so I had to switch realms. I still remember that kid's name in the game. Have any of you dealt with trolls in the game too? What happened to you and how did you handle it?

I try not to feed into it. Your response to their ignorance is all they need to keep going. Whatever that response is. I personally think they do this to get the person that they harass to PvP. Just my opinion, I could be wrong. Hang in there and keep enjoying this wonderful game with your family.

Survivor
Oct 23, 2015
Unfortunately a lot of people are like that. The best thing to do is ignore them or out-troll them if you can.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012

Being a rude jerk isn't a report-able offense, that's the same in real life as here in Wizard101. There is a solution, though, SnoggyAlyssa! It's called the "Ignore button". When you click on someone determined to annoy you half to death, you'll see a selection under their portrait, "Ignore" is one of those selections. Just click "Ignore" and your problem is solved - you go "deaf" to anything he says.
I must say that trying to reason, asking to be left alone, or any attempt to stop trollish behavior is just playing into their hands; they got what they wanted from you & your family - an audience.
On a side note, just what is a DPS?

Delver
Jun 14, 2010

I'm sorry these people exist. If it's any consolation when you report someone everything that is said before and after you report a person is recorded and is then analyzed. Prospector Zeke goes over this under the "I got Reported!?" discussion under the Headmaster's Announcements.

I had one a max level wizard who was helping me and my friends with a dungeon. We finished the dungeon then went back for a skeleton key boss, and instead of helping us he just stood outside the duel circle and laughed or ran in and out of the circle as we tried to summon minions and henchmen to help (because he obviously wasn't going to). He berated us, our gear, our strategy, everything until we fled. We all ignored and reported him, and hoped he was punished for it.

Unfortunately, trolls exist, and they hurt people because they think they can get away with it or because someone has allowed them to think that trolling is okay. Sadly there's not much anyone can do about trolls except click the ignore button and/or report them, then hope they get what's coming to them.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah this is a huge problem in the game. I would normally report them and ignore them or if I am in the right position and they are being extremely rude, I turn the tables and mess with him and then they leave.

Explorer
Apr 17, 2012
The easiest answer is just click ignore and its done. Nothing he says will show up on your text from that point on until you choose to unignore him. It's that simple.

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
I'm sorry for your bad experience. Unfortunately, there will always be trolls. You're not alone though! I've encountered quite a few not-so-nice people as well. This happened a while ago, but I remember being in this very difficult dungeon with a team. Since I wasn't as high of a level as them, and didn't have very good gear, my damage wasn't the highest. Instead of giving me tips, they decided to make fun of me and say mean things. They even fleed and left me by myself to try to finish the battle. Luckily, I haven't encountered a troll recently, but I assure you're not alone. All we must do is ignore them and continue saving the Spiral

Survivor
May 09, 2009
anecorbie on Sep 7, 2017 wrote:
Being a rude jerk isn't a report-able offense, that's the same in real life as here in Wizard101. There is a solution, though, SnoggyAlyssa! It's called the "Ignore button". When you click on someone determined to annoy you half to death, you'll see a selection under their portrait, "Ignore" is one of those selections. Just click "Ignore" and your problem is solved - you go "deaf" to anything he says.
I must say that trying to reason, asking to be left alone, or any attempt to stop trollish behavior is just playing into their hands; they got what they wanted from you & your family - an audience.
On a side note, just what is a DPS?
DPS is Damage Per Second. I'm not playing to see how much damage I could do, I'm playing because it's fun but people like that kid sure love to ruin it for everyone. I guess this kid was checking out my gear or something that's why he started his crap with me. I kept thinking how I'm an Ice Wizard which doesn't have great DPS anyways but I play Ice because it's my favorite. This kid was lower level than me and when I looked at his gear after he started harassing me about my gear I noticed that he doesn't have very good DPS too and couldn't understand why he chose me to harass. I just try to play the game peacefully without being harassed by others.

Seirra DreamHeart Fire Level 26

Survivor
Sep 03, 2017
After being on the internet for so long, these trolls do not bother me as they used to. I usually bait them into say something regretful so i can just give them an easy report.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
I too have gotten a few impatient players....in one battle I used a sandstorm and he remarked that I used a low card and where was my Ra because he really wanted to "get and go" with this battle...I just mentioned that "oh, Ra is somewhere in the deck"....he didnt say anything else...Im for standing you ground....with humor....another time one wizard was kinda razzing me and I just said "oh, I thought YOU were going to save the day on this battle". Do a comeback that has a little bite but nothing that KI would consider bad....maybe they will get the hint that their bad as_ attitude is not working...!

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Report, Mute, and Ignore.

Some people feel the rules are for others. (They know the rules apply to all, but will say they did nothing if they get punished.)

This is a game in which kids and families play. If they want to let off aggression, there are tons of other games that are hyper-competitive. Those games might be a better fit for their personality.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
GibberingTwelve on Sep 7, 2017 wrote:
Unfortunately a lot of people are like that. The best thing to do is ignore them or out-troll them if you can.
I wouldn't recommend playing the out troll them game. They could then report and get the other person in trouble. That might be what they are even trying to do to begin with.