Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Older Wizards

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
My brother who is older then me got me hooked onto this game. My brother has been with this game from the start but he stopped playing recently cause of work. I started this game in 2010 so I guess I am a part of the 'Older Wizards Club' ?

This is a game which I left for a while and then came back. I had multiple accounts as well, but the this one I'm using now is one I went full on with buying crowns, bundles and memberships.

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
I have been playing since November of 2009. My grandchildren wanted me to play with them. Well 9 yrs later, I am still playing daily and have all seven schools maxed out. I am also proud to have had 4 pvp Warlords in age three.
I think my pets are amazing with the Max stats, triple/double in each school. I just turned 63 this year (is that old)and plan on playing until the game ends or I do, lol. Love this game.

Survivor
Apr 28, 2009
Well hey there, first post! I'm an 'older wizard' in the sense that I started playing as a kid, and am now in college. Started in 2009! Still using the same account, though I'm sad I'm unable to transition this account into an 'adult' account and unlock the fully unrestricted chat features. But I can't let go of such an old account. :P

Defender
Jun 08, 2015
Survivor
Sep 03, 2011
I don't know if I would be considered old, but I've been playing since third grade and now I'm a sophomore in high school. I haven't been here since the beginning, but I've been here for a while

Victoria Fairyheart

Survivor
Feb 01, 2012
Child of the 70s here myself. Was an adult ( in my 30s ) when I first started, way back in beta. Now my husband plays as well and has for the last 6 years. My kids never did play Wizard, I just loved the game, so stayed and have played daily since.

Survivor
Mar 12, 2010
I've been playing on and off for quite a while now, somereason this game just isn't gettting old for me!

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
I am in my 30s. I had originally tried it back when it started but didn't have the money for a membership so I forgot about it until my sister begged me to play a few years back.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
TheTrueRein on Sep 25, 2017 wrote:
I've been playing on and off for quite a while now, somereason this game just isn't gettting old for me!
Me either. I think it is a kinder gentler MMPORG and community than many.

The game itself isn't gory or ultra intense or ultra competitive. I like that very much also.

I didn't think a game like that existed. Most online games or MMPORGs seem to be built around bloodthirst. I don't have any that I know of. I just want to be entertained. This suits me.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Im 22, in college and still play this game. I started in 2008 when I was like 11 or 12 in middle school. I did quit for a few years when I started high school (because I found out that graduation requirements was not easy and wanted to study my butt off). I came back like a year after graduation and became hooked on this game again. Honestly, I don't regret coming back because I now got something to do during my breaks

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
I started playing the game in 2009. When Dragonspyre was the last world in 2009. I took a break from the game and came back once they added more.-. Left when Avalon was the last world.., then came back again.. Now here I am once again.. :)

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
I'm an older wizard as well... I've recently entered the grandpa group. I started playing back in 2009, but I have taken several breaks from the game. I have been back a little while now, and levelling again. This game is still very fun to play!

Survivor
Feb 11, 2015
older wizard here. I was manipulated into playing by family who move to Europe Been a gamer for years but was sure I'd hate w101, had no interest in a "kid's game"... but couldn't say no to kids saying "pleeeeeease just try it" lol. Needless to say, I changed my tune - it's been a great, really fun way to stay in touch and interact with loved ones on the other side of the globe through the past 3 yrs, & I hope it continues. Long live W101.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
juliashadowheart15 on Oct 23, 2017 wrote:
older wizard here. I was manipulated into playing by family who move to Europe Been a gamer for years but was sure I'd hate w101, had no interest in a "kid's game"... but couldn't say no to kids saying "pleeeeeease just try it" lol. Needless to say, I changed my tune - it's been a great, really fun way to stay in touch and interact with loved ones on the other side of the globe through the past 3 yrs, & I hope it continues. Long live W101.
I think this is amazing. You must be a great grandma, to give this a try, because your grandkids wanted you to.

You're making memories, even if they are virtual ones or long distance. You can still have fun times and laughs together this way. I think that's great.

How I wish my grandma were here, I can't imagine the blast it would be running around the Spiral together.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
juliashadowheart15 on Oct 23, 2017 wrote:
I currently play with my kids, the youngest is 18 and they have either left the nest or are seldom home. It's a nice way to keep us all together.

I cannot wait to introduce my grandkids to the game.

Steven Ghoststalker

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Gabrielle Dreamsto... on Oct 9, 2017 wrote:
Im 22, in college and still play this game. I started in 2008 when I was like 11 or 12 in middle school. I did quit for a few years when I started high school (because I found out that graduation requirements was not easy and wanted to study my butt off). I came back like a year after graduation and became hooked on this game again. Honestly, I don't regret coming back because I now got something to do during my breaks
Welcome Back Gab! :D

I can relate to your experience the most since I'm in that exact situation, which is a good thing o:

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
So much respect for all our older players..

Please don't leave!

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Star Edward on Oct 25, 2017 wrote:
So much respect for all our older players..

Please don't leave!

Nah. I'm addicted to this game so much I'll never leave it

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
I guess I'm an older player, in my 40's. I enjoy the game and it doesn't seem as toxic as a lot of MMOs today. Started playing about 6 months to 1 year after it started.

Survivor
Oct 28, 2016
I have been playing on and off for a year now and I am a child of the 70s I enjoy the game when I can get time to play

Andi

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
In another post similar to this one. We came up with an idea. If you are interested.
We have planned a meeting day.
So the realm will be GREYROSE.
With the different time zones, I would like to make it all day SATURDAYS. Just pop in when you are playing.
Black hat sounds great, how about the SOFT HOOD, 21 gold in the bazaar. You can customize the trim.
in the COMMONS AREA.
First meeting day November 25, 2017

everyone interested

Explorer
Dec 20, 2014
Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Cat Wildbreeze on Nov 19, 2017 wrote:
In another post similar to this one. We came up with an idea. If you are interested.
We have planned a meeting day.
So the realm will be GREYROSE.
With the different time zones, I would like to make it all day SATURDAYS. Just pop in when you are playing.
Black hat sounds great, how about the SOFT HOOD, 21 gold in the bazaar. You can customize the trim.
in the COMMONS AREA.
First meeting day November 25, 2017

everyone interested
As the OP I FULLY endorse and support this idea.

I've already got my Soft Hood and am looking forward to meeting everyone on Saturday.

Steven Ghoststalker

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
Nice to see all of you that made it on Saturday.
In the commons, in Greyrose realm.
I hope I did not miss anyone. But I tried to stay on as much as I could all day.
I will be popping into Greyrose realm, whenever I am on. Once we get a group together, we can
help each other with questing and dungeons.( I hate it when I am abandoned in a Dungeon)
I love to hear others ideas of things to do and how to do it.
So, if you missed or forgot to pop in on Saturday, I will be there every Saturday, if I can. If not me, I am sure you will
run into others.
Stephen came up with a wonderful idea. He suggested we call ourselves the GREYROSE GANG. I think that is a great idea. So now we have a name other than older players, lol.
So just yell out Greyrose Gang and if anyone of us is there, We will come see you.
My week so far has been great. I managed to get four of my wizards to Commander in pvp. Yay!
Hope everyone has a great week and a lot to talk about when we see you on Saturday.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2010
I guess you could say I'm technically a "young wizard" like the game states I am, but I started playing Wizard101 when I was about 10 (5th grade) on an account that didn't have text chat. So that was about 8 years ago. I deleted the account that didn't have text chat and made an account that had text chat, but no membership (the account I'm using now). I played on that one from 6-7th grade, took a break in 8th grade, came back in 9th grade and played through 10th grade with a membership. I canceled my membership in 11th grade and went on hiatus for two years before renewing my membership a few months ago at the beginning of the school year. I'm a freshman in college now and I'll be 19 in may. So I've been playing for about 8 years. I don't know if that makes me an "older wizard" or not, but I've been playing since a fairly young age.
Cheers from Avalon!
Grace, level 73.