Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reporting a Player

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 02, 2012
Recently I reported a player because they kept on calling players losers because they got trolled on the sigil. He kept on calling several players losers then I had enough of that nonsense, so I reported him. He was being so negative. He called the reporter(me) a loser after and said reporting is for losers. Shortly after he said the reporter would lose chat privileges. Will I get muted? If so how long? I know it isn't in the KI terms of service but he was just being so negative and calling people names because others were being mean to them . Will I get muted?If so how long?

Explorer
Jun 06, 2011
spikeytwo on Aug 26, 2017 wrote:
Recently I reported a player because they kept on calling players losers because they got trolled on the sigil. He kept on calling several players losers then I had enough of that nonsense, so I reported him. He was being so negative. He called the reporter(me) a loser after and said reporting is for losers. Shortly after he said the reporter would lose chat privileges. Will I get muted? If so how long? I know it isn't in the KI terms of service but he was just being so negative and calling people names because others were being mean to them . Will I get muted?If so how long?
No, you wouldn't get muted. People try to scare you like that. If he was being negative and calling everybody a "loser", he may be negative because people were going in and he wanted to bump in. You will not be muted if that happens.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
False reporting (out of spite) can cause you some pain. However, if the player was acting as rudely as you're describing, I doubt you'd be considered a "false reporter."

After reporting him, you can put him on "ignore" and then just, well, ignore him. Once you've got someone on your 'ignore' page, nothing they say will get through to bother you.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure you're not going to suffer in any way for reporting a jerk. What KI does is take the chat logs surrounding a report and review everything that was said. If he crossed the lines, he'll be muted. As long as you didn't say anything objectionable, you'll be fine.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Dec 02, 2012
Just to clarify, he and a group of his buddies would get on the sigil then leave the last person on to go in by themselves. Then shortly afterward, he would call them a loser when they came out

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
Rude behavior is not a reportable offense. Read Prospector Zeke's third post here.

I wouldn't consider your report a false one for what you stated appears to be true; however, it is not something you can report somone for. I've come across players like the one you depicted in your post—perhaps all of us have—, but all we can do is mute them and teleport to another realm.

You might not get muted. I believe that penalty is only for those who swear around the filters and for those who share/ask for personal information, et cetera.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Ignore, change realms & join a team-up. Unfortunately being a jerk isn't a reportable offence, if he was swearing around the filter, using racial or sexual comments, then that is a reason to report.
You, OTH, could get in trouble for "false reporting" & lose report privileges.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Going around calling people losers is an abuse. Reporting him is not falsifying. What he did was bullying and that's against Wizards101 Terms Of Use. I doubt you'll be muted.

Survivor
Sep 02, 2014
Patrick Ravenbane on Aug 28, 2017 wrote:
Going around calling people losers is an abuse. Reporting him is not falsifying. What he did was bullying and that's against Wizards101 Terms Of Use. I doubt you'll be muted.
I agree with Patrick Ravenbane, if someone you report actually does something bad then you don't need to worry about it counting as a false report

Survivor
Aug 31, 2014

congrats on having the courage to report a bully,maybe more people should take the time to do it and help others that may be afraid

Survivor
Aug 19, 2011
No you won't. Most likely he will be the one that will.