Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Whats better?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 05, 2017
The level 56 crafted gear from Wintertusk, or Waterworks gear. I want to know before I go for either please!

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
Hmm, that's a bit of a close call. Waterworks is slightly better than Wintertusk in terms of stats, but Wintertusk Crafted Gear offers cards like blades and traps with their gear. It doesn't really matter all that much to be honest because they're both practically the same. If you want to craft over farming, then go for Wintertusk. If you want to farm instead, go for Waterworks. Again, they're basically the same so it doesn't matter. You can even combine the two. I consider Wintertusk hat, and Waterworks robe and boots to be the best combination.

Defender
Dec 26, 2016
Wintertusk gear has slightly lower stats than the Waterworks gear, but it's not that noticeable.

What some people do is craft the Wintertusk gear first and then upgrade to Waterworks gear when it is dropped. Others, like myself, crafted the pieces of gear they were missing after 50 runs.

Some people use the Wintertusk hat for its item card (blades), but that's optional.

Gook luck, reagent and Waterworks farming takes a while!

Amber Dreamflower 120
Amber Frostflower 37+

(P.S. The Wintertusk gear has to be crafted in the Grizzleheim forge in Northguard, not the crafting stations at home.)

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
lemonofbeard on Aug 9, 2017 wrote:
The level 56 crafted gear from Wintertusk, or Waterworks gear. I want to know before I go for either please!
Both are really good. In my opinion the Sudrilund crafted hat is better than the Waterworks counterpart, simply because it offers a blade. As for the robe, I did Waterworks over 30 times on my Death, but I NEVER got the robe! I got frustrated, so I just crafted the Sudrilund one and moved on with questing. As for shoes, the Waterworks one is better since it has more resist.

Overall, I guess this is really up to you. Do you want to waste hours of your life farming for gear that you may not get, or do you want to craft the gear right away and move on with questing?

By the way, the level 66 Zafaria crafted shoes are better than both in my opinion. The block it offers is helpful in raising your percent, so you may not have to fear criticals as much. (You will have to become a Legendary Artisan to craft these shoes, and the quest will be tough if it is your first time attempting it).

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I think it really depends on your school, for most things I mix and match available gear though!