Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New worlds, higher levels?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 16, 2012
Are either in the plans for the near future?
I'm nearly done with the game, maxed out at level 120.
All quests I do now and going forward are essentially wasted as the experience gained goes no where.

If new levels are created, will previously "lost" experience be credited to the new level(s)?

I understand that new worlds take time to create, but new levels are quite easy and should exist, IMHO...

Any information is greatly appreciated.
TIA

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
jrw1962 on Aug 9, 2017 wrote:
Are either in the plans for the near future?
I'm nearly done with the game, maxed out at level 120.
All quests I do now and going forward are essentially wasted as the experience gained goes no where.

If new levels are created, will previously "lost" experience be credited to the new level(s)?

I understand that new worlds take time to create, but new levels are quite easy and should exist, IMHO...

Any information is greatly appreciated.
TIA
Empyrea is coming and the level cap will get raised to 130. I wonder what that level's badge name will be?

When the Test Realm Update Notes are released, you'll probably see this exact wording at the section that talks about increased levels:

*Please remember, when you were at the previous level maximum of 120 no experience was rewarded for duels and quests completed once you reached level 120. When a player reaches the maximum level, their experience bar disappears, indicating they are not gaining experience from their duels or quests. No experience is rewarded to those who are at the maximum level, which means that everyone who was level 120 before we raised the level cap will be level 120 to start. Now that we have raised the level cap, you can once again start earning new experience points from your adventures.

However, there is a weird bug that always happens to me whenever the level cap gets raised. That paragraph says you're not supposed to start with any experience, but I always start off with a couple of bars for some reason. It varies between my characters, but the most I've ever started off with was 4 bars filled with experience. I have yet to meet anyone who started off with EXACTLY zero experience points when the level cap got raised.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
Empyrea is said to be the next world, and we should be seeing level 130. I would recommend just continuing through the game despite the lost experience, because most worlds offer more than enough experience to get you to max level before you finish them.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2012
Well I'm done with the game....

Tried to connect to the test realm, but it is offline...

Any idea when the test realm will be back online or when the new world will be up?

Thanks in advance.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
jrw1962 on Aug 14, 2017 wrote:

Any idea when the test realm will be back online or when the new world will be up?

Thanks in advance.
No one but KI knows for sure, they will announce it when it is ready. Meanwhile you may want to find some sides activities to keep you occupied, or make another wizard! There are so many badges in this game, you can never really be done with it!

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
jrw1962 on Aug 14, 2017 wrote:

Thanks in advance.
You can't get on the Test Realm because there's nothing to test right now lol

Test Realm will launch either October or November with the Empyrea update.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2012
Thanks!

Now I at least know when it might be up ans ready...