Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is the Zafaria Crafting Quest worth it?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 27, 2010
I would like to get the Forest Hearth Boots in Avalon, but before I can get those, I need to finish the Zafaria Crafting Quest. Looking at the requirements for it though, I see that it's going to be very annoying and very time consuming to get everything I need. So I ask, are finishing the quest and going for the boots really worth it, or can I get by with my Waterworks set or an alternative? Thanks.

Thomas Wildstaff, 73

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Currently, the Professor's boots are better than the Avalon crafted boots. (That is not the case with the Avalon robe, just with the boots.) If you have crowns, then you might prefer to buy the Professor boots instead of crafting.

There are a few alternatives, depending on what resources you have and what you want in your gear.

Crafted Wintertusk (56)
Waterworks (60)
House of Scales - Sistrum set (60)
Poseidon (70)
Crown shop Professor's Hoard (60/70/80, etc)
Crown shop Ghulture's Hoard (60/70/80, etc)
Crafted Avalon
Crafted Azteca
Crafted Khrysalis
Hades (90)
Crown shop school gear set (95)
Darkmoor (100)
___
KingsIsle is promising crafting for Polaris & Mirage that may give you good alternatives to farming Tartarus/Hades and Darkmoor. Even if you don't finish the Zafaria quest now, working on it on the side may see you prepared to finish it quickly should future gear options appeal to you.
___
If you're hesitant about crafting because of Sunstones & Aether, start gardening!

Evil Magma Peas (Crowns) give sunstone, pearls of all types, black lotus, scrap iron & aether
Fickle Pickle (gold, Golem court) give sunstone, fossil, diamonds, grendelweed, and much more.
Pink Dandelions (drops in krokotopia; Crowns) give ancient scrolls, springs, blood moss and more.
Maelstrom Snap Dragons (gold, Celestia; drops in Mooshu & beyond) give gem reagents of all types, plus aether, fossil, diamonds, nightshade and more.

You can plant Dandelions right away, but start out with no more than 3 plants until you level up in gardening rank to rank 4, and you can afford to train larger area gardening spells.

Alia Misthaven

Defender
Dec 26, 2016
Not only will the badge allow you to craft the boots, it will also allow you to craft Deer Knight. So yeah, it's worth it in the end.

Amber Dreamflower 120
Amber Frostflower 29

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
chocoluver18 on Aug 4, 2017 wrote:
I would like to get the Forest Hearth Boots in Avalon, but before I can get those, I need to finish the Zafaria Crafting Quest. Looking at the requirements for it though, I see that it's going to be very annoying and very time consuming to get everything I need. So I ask, are finishing the quest and going for the boots really worth it, or can I get by with my Waterworks set or an alternative? Thanks.

Thomas Wildstaff, 73
Yes, crafting is very much worth it. Especially since there will be Polaris and Mirage crafted gear coming in the Fall Update, so you could maybe even avoid doing Darkmoor.

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
It is most definitely worth it. The Zafaria crafting quest is one of the most crucial crafting quests because it's the rank you need to craft spells. I don't know if you want to craft any spells but deer knight could be helpful if you don't already have it. (I assumed you were death because of your signature) Also you will not be able to do the Promethean crafting quests without having done the Zafaria one and Khrysalis crafted gear is very good especially to make Darkmoor a little easier. (Now I think that you could probably get by with your boots from waterworks if you wanted. I know that my storm crafted the Avalon hat to replace her one but I don't think isn't strictly speaking necessary).

Basically, yes it is worth it.

Moira Stormheart

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Yes, oh yes is the crafting in Zafaria worth it.

If you're concerned about Sunstone and Aether. Get the transmute recipe for both.

Hit the Bazzar every time your online before your quest and after. It took me about ten days of playtime to finish the Zafaria quest

Just so you know, I usually play about an hour two in the mornings just to get my brain awake.

Steven Ghoststalker

Explorer
Jun 02, 2012
An extra tip I would give is if your gonna do Darkmoor SKIP HADES!! There is no point in farming for gear you probably are going to get rid of in 5-10 Days!! I skipped Hades' and going to do DM when Lv 100

Valdus SpellCaster Level 97