Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

getting no spell quest

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 28, 2011
i am lvl 73 and have yet to get frost giant and snow angel i have went to the teacher i have no quest i have done all the way up to azteca it is so hard doing it with just blizzard also have not gotten ice blade

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
The reason you're having so much trouble is because you skipped side quests. Obviously, that didn't turn out to be a good plan, but I do give you props for managing to survive all the way to Azteca with only the Blizzard!

So first things, first. If you don't have your Ice Blade yet, then we have to figure out why. Pasted below is a list of Ice Spells from Quests, starting with Ice Trap at level 7. If any of these quests are in your spellbook, finish them!

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Ice_School_Spells#axzz4oKtsfyQk

Figure out which quest you skipped, then finish it so you can get yourself back on track. Because you're so far behind, Greyrose will probably summon you immediately to begin the next quest as soon as you complete the one that held you up. After you catch up to the Ice Blade, then you should get the quest for Frost Giant, Horn of Winter. After Frost Giant, then you will get the quest for Snow Angel, called Winter Rose.

If you never did Grizzleheim/Wintertusk side worlds, start doing them as soon as you catch up with Snow Angel - there are about 5 spells you've missed if you skipped those areas, including all your school pets.

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
grahamretro on Jul 31, 2017 wrote:
i am lvl 73 and have yet to get frost giant and snow angel i have went to the teacher i have no quest i have done all the way up to azteca it is so hard doing it with just blizzard also have not gotten ice blade
There are spell and pet quests to be done in WinterTusk. If you have not done Grizz and WT through at least Sudrilund, you will not receive any spell or pet quests until you do those.

Frost Giant is a level 48 spell and is given through the quest "Horn of Winter".

If you have any quest in your log book that seems like it is a side quest possibly name "The Troll Bridge", you might want to get it done. That quest is a prequest leading to Frost Giant. There are also a few others that seem to be side quests as well dealing in the recovery of spells given by Eric Wyrdrune in Grizz that you may need to check into.

If none of this helps, contact support@wizard101.com they will be able to track what you have missed and need to get back on track with your spells. You can also use the "Help" icon at the top of this page to contact support.

Hero
May 02, 2009
If you haven't gotten Iceblade yet then most likely you haven't gotten Ice Guardian (the ice school minion) yet. If that's the case then check your quest book for the quests Gathering Information/The Chest Awaits/Chilling Information as those 3 are the chain for the minion, whereas for Iceblade the chain is The Fungus Among Us/Removing Toxins/Ice Creature Feature.

For more information about all the available trainable ice school spells check here: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Ice_School_Spells