Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tips for new myths?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 22, 2014
So I'm not exactly a new myth (my myth is at level 36) but I'm questing with a friend of mine who is a storm and he is always the one that hits and I never hit I'm just his support. When it comes to doing spell quests I struggle so much because being a support has never taught me how to fight. Does anyone have any helpful tips on learning to fight as a myth?

~Natalie lvl 84
~Natalie lvl 36

Explorer
Apr 17, 2012
Sorry to hear your friend is being selfish but then again he is a storm and really on his would be struggling himself until he got into a higher level.

I myself have all of the schools and pretty much learned there advantages and disadvantages alike. For myth I would suggest since your playing support to increase your health and become a tank as fast as you can. This will also greatly help you when your soloing.

Myths best spells are there ability to use minions which you want to do as soon as you can cast the spell. This will draw the heat away from you and to him giving you a chance to blade and trap up for a better hit.

Don't under estimate frog. Once powered up it will be your bread and butter hit card. When not soloing earth quake rules. Since it can chew up towers with ease giving your other players an open field to hit.

Hope this helps you some.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2013
As an old Myth (On an old account) it brings me joy to try and help an upcoming conjurer !

Now when it comes to things such as Spell quests they can be difficult but don't forget that Myth is a great school for Battle control for spells such as Earthquake can be low in damage if they aren't set up with the right amount of blades and traps but at the same time if you can get off a well timed and set up Earthquake you will get rid of all blades on the other side which for something like Storm although their base damage is higher than every other school they do typically rely on blades to do the most damage.

Also like I mentioned earlier do not forget the importance of blades and traps, as a Conjurer they are your best friend when paired with things like Frog and Earthquake when facing multiple foes, but when you have defeated the minion and all that stands in your way is that pesky boss they wreak havoc when paired with Minotaur which yes it uses up traps on the first attack but the blades carry on through both attacks leaving them hit with 2 rounds worth of spells (A wand + an attack spell worth of damage) in just one attack!

If it is a Myth boss you are facing than never forget your prisms as due to the low damage nature (Not the worst but still low compared to Schools such as Fire and Storm) but don't forget that if you do use a spell like Minotaur than don't forget to Prism for both the attacks otherwise the only one that will be converted into Storm damage is the wand damage attack and trust me I have been in that situation where I have forgotten that either the Minotaur attacks twice or that I haven't prismed twice!

I hope this has helped you a bit! See you around the spiral. (Also try getting Tower shield or life healing spells to keep you in battle whilst you set up for that big hit)

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
You're coming up at that point where bosses are going to start gaining a ton of health, and as Myth your best Feint-friendly hits will be old Cyclops and Frog cards. I recommend you farm Koto/Loremaster for Ninja Pigs or check out the Bazaar for Oni no Jade or Otomo Fury cards since they do excellent damage while being Feint-friendly. Then, by your 50s your Medusa spell should take over in that regard (plus you can enchant it with those damage-enchanting spells!).