Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 29, 2015
I'm probably not the only one that thinks that Storm Wizards, in many situations, are at a disadvantage when it comes to utility. Whether it involves PvP or high level questing with cheating bosses it goes without saying that the need to team up is now more prominent. Pros: High damage, High critical, Large amounts of pierce. Cons: Low health, Low spell accuracy, Low resist, low critical block, few utility spells outside of blades or AoE damage spells. Granted some of these things can be fixed with the right gear and some trade off's in other places, but the lack of spells available to Storm Wizards in battles such as the one with Omen, or the majority of Mirage, or standard PvP is disheartening. Damage and critical no longer seem like a good trade off for health, accuracy, resist, and the ability to outlast and out play your opponent. The playing field in PvP, in particular, does not seem balanced prior any of the previous updates.

Rant over.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
BSilverHammer on Jul 21, 2017 wrote:
I'm probably not the only one that thinks that Storm Wizards, in many situations, are at a disadvantage when it comes to utility. Whether it involves PvP or high level questing with cheating bosses it goes without saying that the need to team up is now more prominent. Pros: High damage, High critical, Large amounts of pierce. Cons: Low health, Low spell accuracy, Low resist, low critical block, few utility spells outside of blades or AoE damage spells. Granted some of these things can be fixed with the right gear and some trade off's in other places, but the lack of spells available to Storm Wizards in battles such as the one with Omen, or the majority of Mirage, or standard PvP is disheartening. Damage and critical no longer seem like a good trade off for health, accuracy, resist, and the ability to outlast and out play your opponent. The playing field in PvP, in particular, does not seem balanced prior any of the previous updates.

Rant over.
I think there are a great many Wizards who think that Cleanse is no small Utility spell. As is Insane Damage not that bad of a trade off either.... There are Astral Spells and Shadow Spells that greatly help a Storm too. Shrike and other Pierce spells. I think that I'm a bit perplexed when people are overtly discouraged when they use Team Up or fight with other players. It is a MMO after all, and often times, the people that are in there with you are appreciative that a Storm Wizard arrived, so really you are doing a good deed.

P.S. Everyone hates/complains or "complaites" about PVP.... stop complaint'n.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2015
Perspective wise the spells like cleanse, shrike and astral spells greatly help with the progression of storm wizards. The problem with that is that many of the spells that would be used are easily countered. Cleanse can get rid of weaknesses, which is helpful, especially if there is only one to focus on. Shrike can easily handle the problem with pierce being added to the status of the player and counters shields hands down. I am claiming that the spells we do have only contribute to doing more damage and building it up or preventing it from decreasing. Storm wizards have little adversity to the types of things it can use within standard game play whether it be for progression or of PVP. Before you point out things like disarm and enfeeble I'll address them. Enfeeble's cost is important because three pips can easily mean the difference between having to flee because of death or hitting and not surviving the next turn. Disarm is rather useful as well even though it focuses on a single charm at a time. That, however, is the drawback to the spell. Repeatedly using disarm would take time and open for more opportunity to be attacked. All in all these spells would most likely not be used in more practical battles where glowbugs can easily do much more. Also, glowbugs is a problem because not only does it have an odd number of regular pip cost but it also requires a shadow pip which may not show up in the entire battle at all.

P.S, You may feel as though I am complaining about only the PVP use of these spells but that doesn't change thatI'm talking about the other implications of the spells at hand. PVP is just addressing one of the two ways that wizards are able to use combative spells. Also since talking about it is Annoying as you say, then why comment when someone shares their opinion on the matter. That to me seems bias that you would argue only the implications of the game without addressing all parts that would be involved.