Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

LIFE Wizard spells

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 08, 2015
Life wizards desperately need a rank 4 DAE spell so they can stand alone in a fight; the only thing they have requires 8 pips and that is too much for young wizards that don't have friends or want to solo.

How a blast that spews green leaves covering the entire enemy area to make it match the LIFE aura, Devotion . . . to make it fast and furious at a rank of 4 like the other wizards have.

Honestly, it IS long over due . . .

like to hear other LIFE wizards' take on it.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
cardorarla on Jul 18, 2017 wrote:
Life wizards desperately need a rank 4 DAE spell so they can stand alone in a fight; the only thing they have requires 8 pips and that is too much for young wizards that don't have friends or want to solo.

How a blast that spews green leaves covering the entire enemy area to make it match the LIFE aura, Devotion . . . to make it fast and furious at a rank of 4 like the other wizards have.

Someone started a similar thread on this subject earlier.

I am strongly against giving Life a 4 pip AOE attack. The 7 schools were created to be DIFFERENT from each other! I am maxed in every school, and at 120, they are pretty much all exactly the same. KI needs to diversify the schools again instead of making them all so similar, and giving Life a 4 pip AOE won't help.

My Life had absolutely zero problems soloing without a 4 pip AOE, and around level 40, I remember having over 50% power pip chance which allowed me to use Forest Lord treasure cards.

4 pip Life AOEs already exist but not as trainable spells.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
not to mention Pot Boiler. I am one of the people who sides with life SHOULD get a low rank AoE. I understand every school should be different, and that there are a LOT of similar spells etc, but it seems silly that life and death dont get a free AoE spell until late in the game.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
cardorarla on Jul 18, 2017 wrote:

I agree, It can be nerve racking for life to solo through Dragonspyre and some of celestia without a 4 pip DAE spell. I can do it but It takes so much time to do quests by killing one creature at a time. I know life wizards are healers not fighters but they have to survive to and not everyone who plays life has zero problems soloing without a lower pip DAE spell.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
BrahmShadow on Jul 19, 2017 wrote:

I am strongly against giving Life a 4 pip AOE attack. The 7 schools were created to be DIFFERENT from each other! I am maxed in every school, and at 120, they are pretty much all exactly the same. KI needs to diversify the schools again instead of making them all so similar, and giving Life a 4 pip AOE won't help.

My Life had absolutely zero problems soloing without a 4 pip AOE, and around level 40, I remember having over 50% power pip chance which allowed me to use Forest Lord treasure cards.

Yeah but it kinda stinks that other classes get that 4 pip AOE spell and Life is left in the dust until they get to a high enough level for Forest Lord.
Ice has Blizzard.
Fire has Meteor Strike
Myth has Humongofrog
Balance has Sandstorm
Storm gets the most devastating one of all Tempest ( can use any number of pips. )
Death hasn't got a 4 pip AOE, either, but that's not the issue here. We have Vampire.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011

I mean Life is only one of the most unique classes in the game, I don't really think a 4 pip AoE would destroy some of its uniqueness. I have a level 100 life, and having to save up 8 pips for an AoE with abysmal damage by todays standards, along with an awfully slow animation make Life less enticing. Not only that, but in order to get forest lord, you have to go through 58 levels, which is almost half of the game at this point. Life is a really time consuming school as it stands right now.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
anecorbie on Jul 19, 2017 wrote:
Yeah but it kinda stinks that other classes get that 4 pip AOE spell and Life is left in the dust until they get to a high enough level for Forest Lord.
Ice has Blizzard.
Fire has Meteor Strike
Myth has Humongofrog
Balance has Sandstorm
Storm gets the most devastating one of all Tempest ( can use any number of pips. )
Death hasn't got a 4 pip AOE, either, but that's not the issue here. We have Vampire.
Which was why I used Forest Lord treasure cards until I got the spell at 58. My power pip chance was already reliable enough by using decent gear in Dragonspyre, so it allowed me to get enough pips to use the treasure card. I'm giving people an easy solution to questing without a 4 pip AOE, but it seems that people would rather complain instead of use the tools they've been already given. Just use a couple blades and then the treasure card and the fight will be over in just a few rounds.

I'm not really seeing how a single hit Death attack is relevant.... Could I just say the same about Life having Seraph?

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
Storm, Death, and Life have no 4pip taught aoe...... no Tempest is not their Aoe... it's their X card.... and even then Ice has a 3 pip aoe, Snowball Pet: Snowball Strike, 185, leaves a 20% ice trap aoe.... you have TC, you have gear.... everyone either complains about schools not being different, and when they are, we complain how one school has something the other doesnt.... if it's that much an issue, train Ice, Blizzard is right after Tower Shield, if it being 4 pips an issue, which being under lvl 58, you're getting 4 pips for a 4 pip spell anyway, get a mastery amulet

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
BrahmShadow on Jul 20, 2017 wrote:
Which was why I used Forest Lord treasure cards until I got the spell at 58. My power pip chance was already reliable enough by using decent gear in Dragonspyre, so it allowed me to get enough pips to use the treasure card. I'm giving people an easy solution to questing without a 4 pip AOE, but it seems that people would rather complain instead of use the tools they've been already given. Just use a couple blades and then the treasure card and the fight will be over in just a few rounds.

I'm not really seeing how a single hit Death attack is relevant.... Could I just say the same about Life having Seraph?
I wish to point out that:
1. Not everyone has the best gear or the same pip chance to cast Forest Lord at lower levels
2. You're basically saying "go buy TC in the bazaar if you want to hit harder".
As you can see from my list there are other classes with that 4 pip AOE attack - why does Life not get one? To make them "unique"? Oh yeah, make them unique by denying them what the majority of classes have.
I was just referring that Vampire not only hits but heals, in any case we're not discussing why Death doesn't get a 4 pip AOE but why Life should get one.
And those spells you mentioned? They're not trainable and possibly not craftable either, right? So why does Life have to farm or buy from packs a 4 pip spell when other classes don't?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I've run a Life up to level 72 (she's taking a break from questing to work on hatching a better pet).

I soloed her through Wintertusk and Celestia. Without any AoE at all.

The trick is, I blade up and send a Centaur to take out one enemy - usually I take out the weakest one first. Check and see, do I need to top off my health? No? Okay, blade and trap the next mob, and repeat. Keep going until the battle is done. With Life, battles take longer, but having heals means I can take my time to keep my health buffed up in between take-downs.

Yes, Storm and Fire have an easier time hitting everyone all at once with a single, high damage spell and ending battles quickly. The reason for that is they have low health, low accuracy and no heals before level 55. (Fire's Link spell only gives back 120 health; Storm doesn't get a heal until they reach Avalon!) It's hit fast or die for them.

Life, on the other hand, gets high health, high accuracy, and several heals in exchange for fewer damage options. Just like Ice, Life practices patience; but unlike Ice, Life has heals. That's what makes them special.

Alia Misthaven
Sophia Soulmender

Defender
Jun 08, 2015

OK, make it a rank 6 spell then

I have a MAX LIFE also and she can stand alone now barely because she has the umph to cast FL a lot; but until shadow, she couldn't stand alone against any bosses.

Defender
Jun 08, 2015

and . . . the two spells you mention only allow one or two uses per battle . . . I love the leaf storm but it depends on having the pet . . . LIFE needs a trainable spell, not tc, pets or jewels . . . bit being argumentative, but I had to run my life with a partner who never showed up half the time.

Defender
Jun 08, 2015
LIFE is a very unique school, it gets to save the other wizards . . . my personal opinion is that LIFE doesn't even have a decent shadow AOE/DAE spell . . .you can't even tell how much damage you did when you cast it because it;s split between damage and healing with so much animation. I like to know the value of the hit.

ForestLord is the ONLY AOE/DAE spell LIFE has and like said, not until level 58 . . .

LIFE needs a DAE/AOE rank 4 spell to get it to level 58 . . . and people really don't want to help a LIFE get to ForestLord . . .

yes; it can be solo'd but it takes FOREVER to get through a dungeon alive.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014

Forest Lord tc does help but when people login, they want to play not spend hours in the Bazaar buying 10,s even a few hundred tc. A 4 pip DAE spell would be useful

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014

I forgot to add; Forest Lord tc costs between 1000-over 2000 gold a piece. Say if you buy 50, that's a lot of gold many players don't have

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011

Relying on treasure cards is unsustainable. Imagine if every life wizard was using forest lord treasure cards? Good luck finding them at the bazaar. Also, people are complaining because life, as a school, takes too long to do anything.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
anecorbie on Jul 20, 2017 wrote:
I wish to point out that:
1. Not everyone has the best gear or the same pip chance to cast Forest Lord at lower levels
2. You're basically saying "go buy TC in the bazaar if you want to hit harder".
As you can see from my list there are other classes with that 4 pip AOE attack - why does Life not get one? To make them "unique"? Oh yeah, make them unique by denying them what the majority of classes have.
I was just referring that Vampire not only hits but heals, in any case we're not discussing why Death doesn't get a 4 pip AOE but why Life should get one.
And those spells you mentioned? They're not trainable and possibly not craftable either, right? So why does Life have to farm or buy from packs a 4 pip spell when other classes don't?
I did a couple of runs of Mount Olympus which gave me Senator gear, then I bought whatever gear I could from the Bazaar that gave the most amount of power pip chance.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I will continue to defend against Life getting a 4 pip AOE. The Life school wasn't made to be a hard/fast hitter like Storm and Fire were, but it instead was made to be a healer and slower fighter. The school was made from design to be this way, and I just can't stand by watching people try to change the school into something else, just a replica of the others.

Thanks for the Vampire clarification.

No, those spells aren't trainable nor do I want them to be.

Each of the schools are supposed to have their own characteristics and traits and the players are supposed to pick the school that most resembles how they want to play the game. If people want to hit and kill quickly, then perhaps they picked the wrong school, because that's not how Life is supposed to be.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
cardorarla on Jul 20, 2017 wrote:
OK, make it a rank 6 spell then

I have a MAX LIFE also and she can stand alone now barely because she has the umph to cast FL a lot; but until shadow, she couldn't stand alone against any bosses.
I'm fine with 6 pips just not 4. I probably won't use the spell because I always blade twice in mob fights before I hit, and by then, I'll already have 8 pips.

I hope this doesn't come off as rude, but I think you need to rethink your strategy if you think a 4 pip Life AOE will help you survive in high level fights when you are already barely able to now.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Patrick Ravenbane on Jul 20, 2017 wrote:
I forgot to add; Forest Lord tc costs between 1000-over 2000 gold a piece. Say if you buy 50, that's a lot of gold many players don't have
I forgot about that. My Life was my 5th character questing to max, and by then, my Couch Potatoes were giving me more gold than I would ever use, so I was just funding my character up whenever he needed gold.

KI can solve this problem by lowering the cost of Forest Lord treasure cards.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
The Spiral Twister on Jul 20, 2017 wrote:
Relying on treasure cards is unsustainable. Imagine if every life wizard was using forest lord treasure cards? Good luck finding them at the bazaar. Also, people are complaining because life, as a school, takes too long to do anything.
I forgot to say this in my post to Patrick Ravenbane, but another way KI can solve the sustainability problem is by having Harold Argleston sell Forest Lord treasure cards for just 300-500 gold per card.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
camahawk on Jul 20, 2017 wrote:
Storm, Death, and Life have no 4pip taught aoe...... no Tempest is not their Aoe... it's their X card.... and even then Ice has a 3 pip aoe, Snowball Pet: Snowball Strike, 185, leaves a 20% ice trap aoe.... you have TC, you have gear.... everyone either complains about schools not being different, and when they are, we complain how one school has something the other doesnt.... if it's that much an issue, train Ice, Blizzard is right after Tower Shield, if it being 4 pips an issue, which being under lvl 58, you're getting 4 pips for a 4 pip spell anyway, get a mastery amulet
First of all, Who's complaining? Cardorarla started this thread with a 4 pip DAE life spell Idea and asked all the Life wizards to share their opinion on it. We are doing just that and here you are finger pointing us with a harsh and rude post saying we are complaining? The ones who are sharing their thoughts on here are trying to make life wizards a more enjoyable Character to play. If any one is complaining, You're complaining about our ideal thoughts.
2. mastery amulets costs 10,000 crowns 5,000 on sale. Many of us don't have the money to buy crowns or time to earn that much. Plus why should Life wizards pack gear and blades for another school just for a Amulet.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I'm not one who thinks that Life 'needs' a 4-pip AOE, but that said, I'd LOVE to be able to craft the Life whirlwind spell that looks like a Life version of Sandstorm. It's so pretty!

To answer Cardorarla,
You can calculate the total damage of a DoT spell by taking note of the first "tick." Multiply the "tick" by three (because it does that same amount of damage over three rounds). The total is how much damage you've done.

Wings of Fate deals 525 base damage (delivered over 3 rounds), but if you add an "Epic" enchantment it goes to 825 base damage (again, done over 3 rounds). By the time you add in your own, innate damage boost from your gear and a couple of blades, the total may go quite a bit higher than that.

It basically works the same way as Fire's Scald. Though I haven't used Wings of Fate yet, my max Fire can very easily deliver 3000 damage to all using just Scald, an Epic enchantment, and a blade or two. Add in a well-timed critical, Rowan Scalds the mobs out within a couple of turns. And Scald has only 495 base damage....

Alia Misthaven, 120
Rowan Ashcloud,120
Sophia Soulmender, 72

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
Patrick Ravenbane on Jul 21, 2017 wrote:
First of all, Who's complaining? Cardorarla started this thread with a 4 pip DAE life spell Idea and asked all the Life wizards to share their opinion on it. We are doing just that and here you are finger pointing us with a harsh and rude post saying we are complaining? The ones who are sharing their thoughts on here are trying to make life wizards a more enjoyable Character to play. If any one is complaining, You're complaining about our ideal thoughts.
2. mastery amulets costs 10,000 crowns 5,000 on sale. Many of us don't have the money to buy crowns or time to earn that much. Plus why should Life wizards pack gear and blades for another school just for a Amulet.
ok, i am in the same boat as BrahmShadow... Life doesnt need a 4 pip... Like he said if speed and power is your prefer method of playing, dont play as a school designed solely on healing..... day by day every school gets scrunched up as being identical.... Storm the Glass Cannon, Wild Lighting...... by lvl 120, can run with 50-60 resist, and never fizzles.... Ice the Brick Wall.... can do 3000 with evil snowman, only having epic and critical.... i know i main ice..... where's the school originality.... Balance, has a balance shield now.... every school is supposed to be different... something that makes them stand out and make you want to be them... my ice wizard, has gear sets for 80% critical...100% damage... 83% resist... 143% outgoing...... i shouldnt be able to do this if my school is supposed to be no attack all defense..... we want schools to be different yet beg for something we see the other has that we dont.......and being lvl 20... when you would be getting a life 4 pip aoe.... like the others... you'll still be waiting for 4 pips.... so it makes no difference... and ya can farm Mastery Amulets from the Squid in Waterworks, Probably Mirror Lake too...... and why should life pack a mastery amulet for blizzard? why should every other school pack one for Satyr? HEAR THAT, WE'RE ALL GETTING A 4 PIP HEAL! every school gets one! Oprah Winfrey up in here.... i'm not being rude, i'm point out why life doesnt need one

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
There is a Treasure card available in the Bazaar (although a little hard to get), which is a 4 pip Life Attack on Everyone spell. It is called Potboiler. Damage is a little low, but it is a quite useful spell. In addition to attacking everyone, it puts death shield on the caster.

Perhaps Kingsisle can make this a trainable spell, or make it a Treasure card that can be bought in large quantities from Harold in the Library. I don't remember the gold cost, but it was pretty low.

Likewise, there is a 4 pip similar spell for Death - it attacks all, and puts a Life shield on the caster. It is called Kettleblack. It's a little harder to find than Potboiler, but again, Kingisle could make it available from Harold in quantities.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
camahawk on Jul 21, 2017 wrote:
ok, i am in the same boat as BrahmShadow... Life doesnt need a 4 pip... Like he said if speed and power is your prefer method of playing, dont play as a school designed solely on healing..... day by day every school gets scrunched up as being identical.... Storm the Glass Cannon, Wild Lighting...... by lvl 120, can run with 50-60 resist, and never fizzles.... Ice the Brick Wall.... can do 3000 with evil snowman, only having epic and critical.... i know i main ice..... where's the school originality.... Balance, has a balance shield now.... every school is supposed to be different... something that makes them stand out and make you want to be them... my ice wizard, has gear sets for 80% critical...100% damage... 83% resist... 143% outgoing...... i shouldnt be able to do this if my school is supposed to be no attack all defense..... we want schools to be different yet beg for something we see the other has that we dont.......and being lvl 20... when you would be getting a life 4 pip aoe.... like the others... you'll still be waiting for 4 pips.... so it makes no difference... and ya can farm Mastery Amulets from the Squid in Waterworks, Probably Mirror Lake too...... and why should life pack a mastery amulet for blizzard? why should every other school pack one for Satyr? HEAR THAT, WE'RE ALL GETTING A 4 PIP HEAL! every school gets one! Oprah Winfrey up in here.... i'm not being rude, i'm point out why life doesnt need one
You get a thumbs up for the Oprah reference.

Alia Misthaven