Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unexpected Crashing: Tartarus?

AuthorMessage
Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Alright so I've already reported this (after the game crashed) but I just wanted to see if anyone has ever experienced a similar problem... In any dugeon/fight for that matter.

So I was in the middle of the Hades fight with my group about an hour ago. Everything was running smoothly, no signs of problems, until my laptop decided to shut off out of nowhere once I unplugged it from the charger. It was on full battery, and I know for a fact I did not accidentally push the power button. So when I logged back on, I was still in the fight (thankfully), but at the same time the cards were supposed to show up, the game automatically crashed. I desperately tried to log back on my wizard and play the fight. However, the same problem kept occurring. The game kept crashing at the exact same moment as the cards were supposed to show up. In between rounds, it was fine.. So I could type a few frantic words quickly before it was time to choose a spell. I have no idea why or how this happened. My laptop does not have any threats or viruses (I scan it regularly so I would know).. So there's literally so explanation for this out of nowhere crashing. I even tried going on my downstairs computer and the exact same crashing problem happened. I tried going on a random fight on one of my other wizards too, and everything worked fine. The problem was only happening on my life wizard who was doing Tartarus at that moment.

Nothing like this has ever happened to me before. My laptop has always ran perfectly fine. No crashing whatsoever until now, out of absolutely nowhere. Has anyone else ever had something like this happen to them? If so, do you know why it happened? And even if something like this has never happened to you before, do you have any idea why this could have happened? Thanks for taking the time to read this.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Contact support. It's probably a bug and hopefully they can work with you to get it squashed. You can reach them by clicking on the Help? icon at the upper right corner of this screen.

One of the first questions I'm gonna ask is, do you have one of the new Wysteria gear or spells equipped? If you do, be sure to report that when telling your story.

Alia Misthaven

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
I had the exact same scenario as you - game crash, game booted me out, i log back in and still in duel circle; no cards showed and when i hit any key or the mouse it just repeated the crash and boot. (I wasn't in tartarus; it happened in a couple of azteca dungeons).

Turns out it was from casting the new Pigsie spell. It was also happening with the may cast Pigsie wands. This bug was fixed a few days ago per Dworgyn.

Did you or a team mate happen to use the new spell at all?

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
No, I do not have any of the Wysteria lore spells or gear, and neither did any of my teammates. So there goes that possible explanation . It's very strange.. Also, the crashing was only happening to me. I just don't know what could've made my laptop automatically shut off, or what could've made the game crash nonstop like that right as I was supposed to choose a card. Well, if it's really bothering me still then I guess I will contact support. Thanks guys.

Survivor
May 23, 2013
I had the same problem occur to me multiple times. I experience some lag sometimes and crash. After I log back in, the card selection screen makes me crash. I am pretty sure it has something to do with the "return or flee" prompt.

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
If your computer closed when you pulled out the charger, that's a hardware problem, not the games fault. Check with the manufacturer of your computer to see what the problem is. As for the game crashing when the cards come up, that's probably just a glitch that KingsIsle can hopefully fix later. Try the battle again and if it's still happening, then send a support ticket to KingsIsle to see if they can help you with your problem.

Survivor
May 23, 2013
chocoluver18 on Jul 27, 2017 wrote:
If your computer closed when you pulled out the charger, that's a hardware problem, not the games fault. Check with the manufacturer of your computer to see what the problem is. As for the game crashing when the cards come up, that's probably just a glitch that KingsIsle can hopefully fix later. Try the battle again and if it's still happening, then send a support ticket to KingsIsle to see if they can help you with your problem.
Its not a specific battle, I crash every time I try to rejoin a battle after crashing.

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
Gandalf | on Jul 29, 2017 wrote:
Its not a specific battle, I crash every time I try to rejoin a battle after crashing.
I was replying to Stormgems original post, not yours. If it's crashing for every enemy, then I just have no idea. It's probably just a bug that can hopefully be resolved soon.