Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Game Takes Way too Long to Beat!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 29, 2014
If you've been playing as long as I have, you know how tedious questing can be, with the defeat and collect quests taking up most of questing. That is a problem on it's own, but I have some mechanics that I've thought of to try and speed up battles against bosses and NPCs.

Quick Attacks
: I believe that attacking takes a long time (Forest Lord) and when attacks repeat, it just seems so boring to watch over and over again. While I personally appreciate the style of attacks and how unique they are, I cannot stand how long they can take (Forest Lord). I suggest that after the first time that the character attacks, the spell is reduced in time to the point where the spell attacks only, without the extra animation. This would only happen after the first attack of that spell during that exact battle, and during the next one, it would reset.

Combination
: Next, I think that attacks like Deer Knight give over-times that take so long to hit before the Wizard can actually cast. I suggest that Deer Knight attacks all at once, not unlike Call of Khrulhu. After that, the over-time would not animate, but would just attack, and if those spells were to attack multiple times, or heal multiple times, they would combine together, letting the heal and attack exist all into one. For example, instead of having 4 healing-over-times, you would just have one that gave all of the 4 over three rounds, so it wouldn't take up so much time. And the same would be for the attacks.

Blade, Trap, and shield combos
: Everyone knows how confusing it is when over ten traps or blades are adding to percentage, just saying 25% and 35%, it's almost impossible to count it with how quick it adds up. I think that with blades, they should all combine into one of the same class. Instead of having 8 blades death, 9 blades life, 6 blades myth, and 21 blades ice, it would combine all of the percentages from the sum of their parts into 4 blades that would be of all different classes. If two blades that were the same without change at all, the blade would not combine with those blades, and would not count for the attack. This same rules would also apply for traps and shields.

I hope everyone takes these ideas into consideration, and I thank you all for reading this